Remove Advertisements

Kara - Moroes Trash

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mortehl » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:20 am

Lightskin wrote:eh? we got 9 bosses down almost 1 shot each boss....I just don't take risks as to keeping the side packs, I clear the entire room so that we can use the entire room during the fight, maybe I interpreted the OP wrong.

Woah! We're talking apples and oranges I think. You DEFINITELY want to clear the ballroom that Moroes is in. What I'm referring to is the hallway outside of Moroes' room. That place you just need to pick off a few.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Lightskin » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:56 am

lmao I figured thats what it was...I never pull that elite pack in the upper left quadrant nearest to moroe's door...it's too much.
Lightskin

Postby Duseld » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:13 am

There is absolutely no reason to clear these pulls, its just a waste of time and makes your frustrated.

Brittle bones reduces your armour to 0 but you still have defense so your healers should be able to keep you up.
Don't hate the game, stab the player.

Duseld

Postby Cimzar » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:52 am

We also clear the entire room, for rep as well as avoidance of misfortune. It is just lazy to not kill them, since they really are not that difficult with two tanks.

We are also a casual guild, and we have never worried about an 'optimal' group. We take who wants to go, and only refuse someone if we have more than 10 that are ready to go (which is rare). It just happens that we have 2-3 holy/disc priests that usually go. It does make a big difference, though, as I can pull an entire table as well as a waiter or two, and just aoe tank the whole bunch quite easily.
Cimzar

Postby Nebuchadneza » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:11 pm

I "accidently" :lol: pulled two of those non-elite AoE packs simultaneously the other day... (the first ones you see as you run up the stairs)

60k theat within the first 10 seconds (got a Holy Wrath off first up) and 20 mobs (or however many there are) stuck to me like glue with no hope of any DPS pulling a single one off me. It was so cool I can't wait to do it again!!
Nebuchadneza

Postby Nobot » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:36 am

We do a 4 hour clear of KZ every Wednesday night. In order to get such a quick run in, you need to know which trash you can skip.

Retainer packs are great candidates for skipping, as there isn't a single one that we pull. For the room just before Moroes, we pull the guest packs and wandering attendants to the top of the stairs with the raid at the bottom of the stairs. This prevents tab-target woes as well.
Nobot

Postby Semirhage » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:20 am

Is there a respawn timer for the mobs inside Moroes' room?
Semirhage

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:19 pm

Cimzar wrote:We also clear the entire room, for rep as well as avoidance of misfortune. It is just lazy to not kill them, since they really are not that difficult with two tanks.

Why on earth would you call that "just lazy"? It's a matter of reward vs time spent. You get practically nothing by clearing them and it takes a nominal amount of time that could be better used on killing bosses.
Sabindeus

Postby Semirhage » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:30 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Cimzar wrote:We also clear the entire room, for rep as well as avoidance of misfortune. It is just lazy to not kill them, since they really are not that difficult with two tanks.

Why on earth would you call that "just lazy"? It's a matter of reward vs time spent. You get practically nothing by clearing them and it takes a nominal amount of time that could be better used on killing bosses.

I think killing the mini bosses for rep is time better spent, so everyone canbe honored and can repair inside.

Our first group last night were not even friendly, so by the time we're on our 3rd attempt to Moroes, I had my sword and shield 0 durabilty.
Semirhage

Postby adese » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:51 pm

Semirhage wrote:Is there a respawn timer for the mobs inside Moroes' room?

I believe that all of the mobs that are tied to Moroes (ballroom, his room, the room above the ballroom) are on a 1 hour timer.
adese

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:34 pm

Semirhage wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

I think killing the mini bosses for rep is time better spent, so everyone canbe honored and can repair inside.

Our first group last night were not even friendly, so by the time we're on our 3rd attempt to Moroes, I had my sword and shield 0 durabilty.

Having low rep with Violet Eye is all well and good, but that doesn't answer the question...
Sabindeus

Postby Cimzar » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:55 am

First, I am talking about the room Moroes is in. Not sure if you are making the same assumption as they made above.

If you ARE talking about not clearing the mobs in Moroes' room, great for you. We are not at the point where we can avoid those two side sets of elites while taking down Moroes...

We have a very casual group that goes in there, and we have only been up to Maiden so far (Attumen, Moroes, and BBW all down so far), but we are still able to heal me through the pack pulls, even when I am tanking the elite ones. The non-elites are nothing, and can be pulled one, two, or more at a time. Only the elite pulls require you to pull the group individually.
Cimzar

Postby Lore » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:03 am

We kill everything in Moroes' room.

We skip most of the room just before his, at the top of the stairs. That includes the 5-elite packs.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Karathos » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:35 pm

Sabindeus wrote:

Because they have a minimal chance to drop epics? We typically get at least one epic off of the meandering room patrol type stuff enroute to a boss. (And some of those are really nice items ...)
Karathos

Previous

Return to Karazhan