Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:46 pm

according to a commercial i saw this evening, Washington (state) Republicans think you can be anti-same sex marriage and not be anti-gay because marriage is about the next generation

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:49 am

You know, I hear retarded shit like that, and I wonder - sincerely wonder:

What do they do when you read about the elderly couple finding each other again after 30 years? Or a couple of childbearing age choose to not have offspring (for whatever reason)? Or the couple of childbearing age who cannot have offspring because of infertility?

Seriously, do those three scenarios invalidate an opposite-sex marriage because there will be no procreation? If I ever get whacked enough to actually want to marry again, am I not allowed because I am permanently sterilized?

I have to wonder. (Last person I posed those questions to simply refused to answer any of them, point blank refused.)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:41 am

Amirya wrote:I have to wonder. (Last person I posed those questions to simply refused to answer any of them, point blank refused.)

I think part of it is that you are looking for logic where none need exist. Or if it does, it is entirely possible (even likely) that a random holder of those beliefs may not understand the logic, let alone be able to adequately explain and support it.

Because lets face it, you aren't required to be a theologian to be relgious, nor political scientist to hold political views.
benebarba

Postby halabar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:53 am

benebarba wrote:
Amirya wrote:I have to wonder. (Last person I posed those questions to simply refused to answer any of them, point blank refused.)

I think part of it is that you are looking for logic where none need exist. Or if it does, it is entirely possible (even likely) that a random holder of those beliefs may not understand the logic, let alone be able to adequately explain and support it.

Because lets face it, you aren't required to be a theologian to be relgious, nor political scientist to hold political views.

Part of it is simply that people are forced to come up with excuses that justify their beliefs, because they aren't allowed to actually state their beliefs since they aren't politically correct (example, for a christian to say that homosexuality is a sin, according to the tenants of their faith).

And slightly along those lines.. my amusement.

My 93-year-old father, who most would consider a racist, is voting "for the black guy instead of the mormon".
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Amirya » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:07 am

Faith is irrational at times. I'm ok with that. I don't expect to find logic in any holy book.

I do have issues with someone who attempts to use logic to justify their faith, and fail in supporting it due to some spectacularly weak reasoning.

In the context of the person I'd mentioned previously, I had a friend who asked on FB why homosexuality was considered a sin. This person then used the "marriage is for procreation and homosexuals can't procreate" argument.

It's one thing to say, "I don't believe in gay marriage because I think it's a sin/wrong/etc due to my faith." Ok, fine, I may not like it, but I can respect your belief. But something as asinine as, "gays can't reproduce so they don't need to get married," that deserves a punch in the balls (or ovaries).
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:16 am

Amirya wrote:Faith is irrational at times. I'm ok with that. I don't expect to find logic in any holy book.

I do have issues with someone who attempts to use logic to justify their faith, and fail in supporting it due to some spectacularly weak reasoning.

In the context of the person I'd mentioned previously, I had a friend who asked on FB why homosexuality was considered a sin. This person then used the "marriage is for procreation and homosexuals can't procreate" argument.

It's one thing to say, "I don't believe in gay marriage because I think it's a sin/wrong/etc due to my faith." Ok, fine, I may not like it, but I can respect your belief. But something as asinine as, "gays can't reproduce so they don't need to get married," that deserves a punch in the balls (or ovaries).

True, but my point was is that many come up with the excuses in the name of political correctness.

halabar

Postby Amirya » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:06 am

That also deserves a punch in the balls or ovaries.

On topic: A friend found a shirt for me that's perfect. "Pretending to be pleasant all day is exhausting."
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Amirya wrote:That also deserves a punch in the balls or ovaries.

On topic: A friend found a shirt for me that's perfect. "Pretending to be pleasant all day is exhausting."

omg you totally need that shirt!
as well as one i have "I'll try to be nicer if you try to stop being an idiot."

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amshel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:45 pm

What would you call this? reverse cowboy?

Amshel

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:00 pm

As I've gone on about, I've been doing all the dailies every day since I hit 90. Yesterday, I saw my first Skyshard.

Today, Invis decides he'll take a boo at some dailies. He's about twenty minutes in and already looted two Skyshards. Unbelievable.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:10 pm

i got my first skyshard my second day of golden lotus dailies
havent seen one since

bldavis

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:25 am

Nikachelle wrote:As I've gone on about, I've been doing all the dailies every day since I hit 90. Yesterday, I saw my first Skyshard.

Today, Invis decides he'll take a boo at some dailies. He's about twenty minutes in and already looted two Skyshards. Unbelievable.

haven't seen a single one sofar.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:57 am

JoeBravo wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:As I've gone on about, I've been doing all the dailies every day since I hit 90. Yesterday, I saw my first Skyshard.

haven't seen a single one sofar.

Had a guildie who farmed 7 of them in one of the opening quests, but I think that was hotfixed. I've seen one drop sofar.

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:29 am

Saw this come across my twitter feed from the EU official forums

There are no plans to change the 50k gold cap. The percentage of players that has over 50k gold is incredibly small.
Remember that you can always use the market to buy items so you can still remain below the gold cap when transferring, basically “transforming” gold into something that you can carry along in your inventory to another realm and effectively get your gold back (with some luck, even with profit) by selling the items on the destination realm; we think that this is actually healthy for the in-game economies.

*cough* BULLSHIT *cough*

What it really should say is

There are no plans to change the 50k gold cap because if we don't you suckers just pay 15 bucks more for a guild xfer and that makes us more money
Teranoid

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:34 am

Hah, I know more people with over 50k than I do people under that.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General