Remove Advertisements

Theck's MATLAB thread - MoP/5.x

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Theck's MATLAB thread - MoP/5.x

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Isn't that an agility weapon anyway? Or was I looking at something else in atlasloot...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:56 pm

but with desirable hit and exp
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:23 pm

And there aren't any str weapons with hit/exp/mastery/haste that would be preferable? (crossing threads a little, since someone mentioned in another thread that HH Slicer is a contender for BiS... not sure how much truth is behind it.)
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:06 pm

According to the stat values Theck roughly estimated, the HH sword is ABOVE LFR Elegon's axe, but behind the other two LFR weapons and all three normal weapons.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:20 am

What I've been wondering is if they swung the pendulum too far in the opposite direction when they said they wanted us to care more about hit/exp than we had in the past.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Brokenone » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:25 am

Sagara wrote:According to the stat values Theck roughly estimated, the HH sword is ABOVE LFR Elegon's axe, but behind the other two LFR weapons and all three normal weapons.

Is there an easy way to take into account being a human? I'm currently using Ook's, but I got an LFR Elegion that i could use. I'm pretty sure it is worse due to the 1% expertise I lose swapping from a Sword/Mace to an Axe. I believe that 1% Expertise is worth 340 Expertise Rating.

Edit: Never mind, answered my own question. If you click the score and get it to show the larger numbers you can use the stat weight of Expertise=1.9. Multiply by 340 and you get that Ook's is indeed better than LFR Elegion.
Brokenone

Postby theckhd » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:36 am

That's exactly how you account for it. Any weapon that gives you 1% free expertise essentially has an extra 340 expertise of itemization on it
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:00 pm

There has been some confusion about the recent changes to Vengeance that we’d like to clear up. Two things have changed with Vengeance lately:

Oct 8 - Vengeance should now ramp up more quickly. Avoidance will now grant Vengeance based on the average damage of the avoided NPC auto-attack, instead of just refreshing existing Vengeance. This does not apply to enemy special attacks.

There should be an addition to this: Vengeance was also reduced by 10% at the time that hotfix was noted. We apologize for that being missed in the patch notes. Vengeance now accrues at a rate of 1.8% of damage taken, down from 2.0%.

Oct 16 - Fixed an issue with the way that Vengeance is calculated that could cause very large but infrequent spikes of damage to grant much more than the intended amount of Vengeance.

Based on the hits a tank takes, Vengeance attempts to predict what 50% of average Vengeance for that level of incoming damage will be, and bumps the tank straight to that level. However, it previously based that calculation on a 1.5 second attack speed. It now bases the calculation on the enemy’s auto attack speed for auto attacks, and a 60 second interval for special attacks.

Tanks will still get the expected amount of Vengeance from the damage taken. This change just means that the first hit from a slow-attacking boss will bump Vengeance straight up to the expected amount.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933236387
---
Klaudandus

Postby Celyn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:25 pm

I was looking through the sims and I could not find any for

AS+>CS>J>AS

I did see one for

AS>CS>J

Wouldn't we gain more damage at a very low HPG cost prioritizing AS+ above CS and judgement with the recent buff?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis
Celyn

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:48 pm

The buff for AS+ should allow you to fit it into an X slot without pushing back CS and J, which ultimately gives you more HoPo (if I'm not mistaken.) Not sure what the % chance of getting a second proc before using up the first is, but I'd imagine it's low enough to not warrant AS+>CS>J>AS.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:49 am

aresius wrote:Due to the recent confirmation on the importance of hit/expertise, maybe its advisable to swap around some of the recomended gemming? I personaly see the Guardian Amethyst (exp/stam) as a much better gem then the Defender (parry/stam).

theckhd wrote:There is no "recommended gemming."

I'm assuming that was a reference to the below gems and enchants, which are what has been used in the default gear set, not what is the recommended set.

theckhd wrote:Gems are the same for all sets. I've chosen to go with a more conservative STR/parry/mastery strategy for the sims.
Blue Socket: [Solid River's Heart]
Red Socket: [Defender's Imperial Amethyst]
Yellow Socket: [Puissant Wild Jade]
Prismatic Socket: [Solid River's Heart]
Meta Gem: [Austere Primal Diamond]

Enchants are also the same for all sets:
Shoulder: [Ox Horn Inscription]
Cloak: [Greater Protection]
Chest: [Superior Stamina]
Wrist: [SuperiorDodge]
Hands: [Superior Mastery]
Legs: [Ironscale Leg Armor]
Feet: [Pandaren's Step]
Ring: [Stamina]
Weapon: [Colossus]
Shield: [Greater Parry]

Personally, I'm going Sta/Exp and Sta/Haste to fill red and yellow sockets, using Mastery on bracers and Hit on cloak and boots.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby aresius » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:51 am

Yes, i realized that set of gems/chants are just there to give us all simulation variables after thecks response.
Felt rather silly.
aresius

Postby benebarba » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:19 am

Klaudandus wrote:What I've been wondering is if they swung the pendulum too far in the opposite direction when they said they wanted us to care more about hit/exp than we had in the past.

Since it seems like warriors and paladins will not be using most of the traditional tank loot (Dodge/Parry/Mastery combos), and will probably prefer to roll on a subset of traditional DPS loot (haste/mastery/hit/expertise combos), I think the answer is "yes". I suppose this has really just put us to where DKs were in Cata.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:22 am

benebarba wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:What I've been wondering is if they swung the pendulum too far in the opposite direction when they said they wanted us to care more about hit/exp than we had in the past.

Since it seems like warriors and paladins will not be using most of the traditional tank loot (Dodge/Parry/Mastery combos), and will probably prefer to roll on a subset of traditional DPS loot (haste/mastery/hit/expertise combos), I think the answer is "yes". I suppose this has really just put us to where DKs were in Cata.

I don't know -- I heard that warriors still favor parry a lot in order to increase their procs. We have nothing of that sort.

Also, hadn't they made it that DK's would not be that badly punished if their Death Strike fails to hit? -- I mean at least that was the case in 4.3, not sure if that got removed for 5.0.x
---
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:04 am

Klaudandus wrote:
benebarba wrote:

I don't know -- I heard that warriors still favor parry a lot in order to increase their procs. We have nothing of that sort.

Also, hadn't they made it that DK's would not be that badly punished if their Death Strike fails to hit? -- I mean at least that was the case in 4.3, not sure if that got removed for 5.0.x

Not sure about DKs, and I may well be mistaken about warriors - just checked EJ and they seem to be saying hard cap expertise and hit, then mastery > parry > dodge (stamina's in there too, but not as cleanly) but nothing on haste.
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations