Remove Advertisements

Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Postby Cema » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:03 pm

Yeah, vengeance stealth nerf just happened. Can confirm it.

Always getting between 5k and 50k vengeance on 10M Heroic Four Kings tonight instead of 160k. Very nice. We killed it again but with Tanks doing 30k dps and 11 seconds afte berzerk. Cool ... not.

I find it amusing that someone on the thread you show even use one of our wol to argue that 10M Hc bosses are still doable. We killed HC Garajal again something like 2 days ago so the nerf wasn't here, but I really wonder if the boss is doable now. 10M Hc Garajal is gonna be tough, touhger than he was already.

And I really doubt we will be able to kill Will of the Emperors Hc again, we killed it on berzerk and with the vengeance nerf I don't see our Feral having enough vengeance to heal himself to full between sparks.

HC Bosses are balanced around tank doing alot of dps, nerfing vengeance is "understandable" and i'd say I foresaw it but you can't just nerf vengeance like this while some bosses require this amount of vengeance to be killed.

That coming from a tank curently sitting at 6/6 HC
Cema

Postby theckhd » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 pm

My 270k DPS #4 Stone Guards (25H) parse suggests it wasn't a change to Vengeance.

Best theory I've seen so far is that it was a change to specific boss abilities (primarily the 4 kings encounter?).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Cema » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:40 pm

Vengeance was quite low on Elegon Hc too I'd say. Unfortunately WoL didn't work for us tonight so I got no numbers. :shock:

I'm not playing enough to say whether it is only related to 1 or 2 bosses or not. login, raid, pull hc boss, kill, logout :D
Last edited by Cema on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cema

Postby Treck » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:45 pm

There still hasnt been any word from Blizzard what this hotfix really is about, but Ive noticed no real differance while tanking.
The only differance is excessive gain of vengeance with heavy CD usage on oneshot abilities.
They likely put something into place that makes you gain a maximum of 100k vengeance per attack or something to fix the spirit kings "abuse".
Call it what you will but if there was a way for any dps to gain 4 times his normal dps for 15sec, you would for sure see a fix pretty fast.
Treck

Postby Bellanka » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:34 am

Treck wrote:There still hasnt been any word from Blizzard what this hotfix really is about, but Ive noticed no real differance while tanking.
The only differance is excessive gain of vengeance with heavy CD usage on oneshot abilities.
They likely put something into place that makes you gain a maximum of 100k vengeance per attack or something to fix the spirit kings "abuse".
Call it what you will but if there was a way for any dps to gain 4 times his normal dps for 15sec, you would for sure see a fix pretty fast.

^ this

This was never an intended mechanic. Anyone who tells you otherwise is deluded.

My vengeance in every other fight is fine.

The low DPS at the start from Spirit Kings is part of the fight. Qiang doesn't have any normal melee that I can see. All his damage is spread out amongst the raid and in annihilates. You can still get a boost to vengeance by eating the Annihilate or eating one of his AoE strikes alone, and you should. I went from 18ishk to doing 50k+ consistently after the hotfix by doing exactly what I had been doing previously. I'll still pop AD and eat a Marching Orders throughout the fight to sustain that, as well.

But you can't honestly say that stacking tanks in what is obviously a one tank fight and having those tanks have specific abilities that out-DPS entire classes was not broken. When Execution Sentence does more damage than your actual DPS there IS a problem.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:51 am

Our tank's DPS looked normal this whole reset on all fights.

I'm with theck on this one: they probably just put something in place to avoid retarded gains of vengeance through soaking abilities you aren't intended to soak.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:11 am

Didn't they say that overkill damage doesn't count for Vengeance any more? Pretty sure I saw a bluepost linked on MMO-C.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Treck » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Vengeance still works fine, whatever fix they did, it was purely for insane big hits.
Treck

Postby Treck » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Pyrea wrote:Didn't they say that overkill damage doesn't count for Vengeance any more? Pretty sure I saw a bluepost linked on MMO-C.

It didnt before either.
But AD saved you from dying, while you used every available CD to mitigate the damage, the overkill damage would not give vengeance, but the mitigated damage that you take before AD kicks in gave you 600k vengeance.
Treck

Postby Fetzie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:58 pm

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status ... 3961555968

Saku ‏@Sakurako_00

@Ghostcrawler So, why change vengeance in the middle of progression? It makes a huge difference

Reply:

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

@Sakurako_00 It was bugged and causing too much tank damage.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Treck » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Like I said earlier, If theres a bug with a DPS class able to do insane damage (like spellstealing before garajal) they usually fix it, mid progress.
Maybe they might change the HP of spirit kings (10man hc if that would be the case) to make up for it, but its a bug, its been working forever but not really been important before due to this is first tier of progress without a cap.

Im still interested in seeing how they changed it.
Doing some insane pulls on challenge modes confirms you can still reach way past 100k vengeance without problems, if theres a cap its above 170k atleast.
But soaking annihilate or Blood lord, only gives you 120k vengeance or so, meaning its some sort of fix for single attacks.
My bet is maximum of 100k vengeance per hit or smth.
Treck

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Pyrea wrote:Didn't they say that overkill damage doesn't count for Vengeance any more? Pretty sure I saw a bluepost linked on MMO-C.

Yes, they did.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/294 ... ts-TCG-Art

Vengeance now ignores overkill damage.

That was Sept 28th though. My guess is that their original hotfix wasn't working quite properly, so they applied another hotfix to get it right.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Not sure what was going on yesterday, but my charsheet ilvl went from 463/466 to 433/450 without me having changed any gear. It was apparently just a charsheet thing, as I was still able to queue for LFR.

Also, my cloak (Shado-pan VP cloak) suddenly changed from Honored rep to Revered (which I don't have the rep to buy/equip) during the same time. So that might have been part of the ilvl issue. No clue if I was still getting the stats from it, because I didn't want to remove it and not be able to equip it again.

Everything was back to normal about 30 minutes later.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Sounds like a cache glitch. I think my client still shows the VP Honored items as requiring Revered.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:29 pm

PsiVen wrote:Sounds like a cache glitch. I think my client still shows the VP Honored items as requiring Revered.

Could be. I had just installed NPCScan and I was hunting rares at the time. I had deleted my cache folder to start out fresh, so possibly related.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General