Elder Charm of Good Fortune

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Elder Charm of Good Fortune

Postby propal » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Unless i am totally missinformed, using Elder Charms for bonus loot should only give you a chance on item for our current specc (or no gear item at all).

This has a great potential of becoming a big problem for us tanks, mainly because we want "dps" stats. hit and expertise seems in dungeon journal to be tagged as tank loot, however haste is not. Meaning we wont be able to get some of our best gear upgrades by using theese charms, we will instead get the "almost" worthless itempieces with dodge/parry most likely.

I have not tried the posibility to change specc right after kill, that would anyway also give us chance on crit gear, which we do not want.

This is imo a big concern for us, since Elder charms atm plays quite a big role in the gearing mechanics.

If you have any thoughts, corrections, or updates on the matter, please post them here.
propal

Re: Elder Charm of Good Fortune

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:00 pm

elder charm bonus rolls are for any loot, not just based on spec, at least that is what i have heard
i havent confirmed this as i have only done sha/LFR on my hunter

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Bellanka » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Pull the boss up in the Dungeon/Raid Journal, then filter by spec.

Anything you find there is what you can receive using your token.

Sha/Galleon, on a kill, will give you class-based loot. Bonus Rolls seem to work the same as above. Resto Druid and I used our tokens, he got Resto Tier legs and I got Prot gloves.

Edit: for Clarity
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:43 pm

bldavis wrote:elder charm bonus rolls are for any loot, not just based on spec, at least that is what i have heard

Nope, it's based on spec. You'll never get a "ret"-flagged piece if you're prot spec.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:51 pm

well good to know, like i said i have only done LFR and sha kills as a hunter so ...yeah

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:58 pm

bldavis wrote:well good to know, like i said i have only done LFR and sha kills as a hunter so ...yeah

Didn't get any protection hunter gear? :P
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby propal » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Seems to be as I feared then. Anyone tried the "switch spec after kill, before bonus roll" to see if that works? or will we simply have to accept that some of our best gear is not available by elder charms?
propal

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:45 pm

theckhd wrote:
bldavis wrote:well good to know, like i said i have only done LFR and sha kills as a hunter so ...yeah

Didn't get any protection hunter gear? :P

all holy :(

bldavis

Postby oldboyz » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:27 am

similar rule as in dunjon :

it is based on the role you have been initially selectionned
(so, switch spec or role won't change anything on your allowed loot)

if one should have to optimize stuff asap :
he may run several LFR in different role (and spec), then quit according to unadequate loot table
for ex :
-first boss as ret (dps) to get dps plate opportunity
-as second boss have more interesting tank stuff : quit the raid, redo a new LFR (you have to kill again 1st boss with no loot)
etc
oldboyz

Postby pbean » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:30 am

I just want to get back to this discussion. Last week I was doing LFR and needed tank loot from some bosses, but DPS (haste) loot from other bosses. I actually queued in LFR as DPS, and went in as Retribution. When on the boss where I needed tank loot, I changed to prot spec, used a bonus roll, and got a tank item.
My friend was tank, and on a certain boss where only one tank was needed, he went DPS. Afterwards, he received a DPS loot item, even though he queued as tank.

Also, on normal mode, if you quickly switch your spec before you use your bonus rule, if you get any loot, it will be specific to your spec at the moment you press the button. Although sometimes it's pretty difficult to change spec because you're kept in combat or are simply unable to.

Hope that clears up the confusion.
pbean

Postby Calleana » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 am

God to know, my bonus roll box appears where I need to click to change spec is there a macro that would work to change spec without needing that button?
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalaria » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:03 am

Calleana wrote:God to know, my bonus roll box appears where I need to click to change spec is there a macro that would work to change spec without needing that button?

I haven't tried it but this should toggle back and forth between specs:

Code: Select all
/usetalents [spec:1] 2; 1
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Calleana » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:27 am

Code: Select all
/usetalents [spec:1] 2; [spec:2] 1

One of my other raiders found this, which I can confirm works and also I managed to change to prot spec and have a shield drop for me so YAY!
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice