Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Paxen » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:37 am

Damn rep system. I like running dungeons and I like playing Farmville, err, doing Tillers dailies, and they both reward me valor and justice.

But the only rep I got is Klaxxi honored and Shado-Pan friendly from questing in Townlong and Dread Wastes by levelling, so the only way I can spend the points is...to buy honor. Sigh.

I'm already spending too much time on the Tillers, time I could spend in dungeons. No way am I doing more dailies. Guess it's gearing by drops for me. With RNG.
Paxen

Postby jere » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:17 am

Treck wrote:No, actually not, Hit is still blue.
Hit used to be yellow, but for some reason hit/sta gems are still green, even if it "should" be blue/blue :P

Wrath Gems: Regal = STA/Dodge, Nothing was Nimble (dodge red,hit yellow)
Cata Gems: Regal = STA/Dodge, Nimble = Hit/Dodge (dodge yellow,hit blue)
Mop Gems: Regal = STA/Dodge, Nimble = STA/Hit

Part of me wants to believe it is on purpose we have a STA/Hit gem, but there is the possibility it is a mistake.
jere

Postby Mozen » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:06 am

I was under the impression that the dailies awarded valor, not justice.

I'm at a loss where to get all the justice points to buy the 458 gear so I can get into heroics. It looks like the only way to not do the rep grind and gear up is via crafted 450 gear, or maybe finishing all the quests in Dreaded Wastes for the 437 quest gear, plus some 440 blues and a few 450 dungeon pieces.

There are only 2 iLv 450 plate tanking dungeon drops (one of which is a trinket) from only 1 regular level 90 dungeon.

I must admit I don't understand how people got geared up so quickly in the first week without crafted gear. Where do people get all their justice points from?
Mozen

Postby Paxen » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:19 am

To get into heroics, you buy crafted pvp gear. It's ilvl 450, and with the way pvp gear works now it's equivalent to pve gear with added free resilience and pvp power, so it beats anything from quests. It's more than enough to reach the minimum ilvl, and it's also more than enough to trivialize the content. You get some crit rating, but that can be reforged.

Alternatively you can buy Mastercrafted Spiritguard gear, if you want avoidance.
Paxen

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:34 am

jp gear doesnt require rep anymore... and since there wasnt a jp reset, if you had 4000 at the end of cata, you still have those 4000 jp when you turn in 90
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:38 am

I haven't spent a single justice point this expansion. I'm sitting at the 4k cap and it's certainly not being used on anything. I also didn't use crafted gear either. If you didn't do Dread Wastes (all of the zone), you're at a severe disadvantage gearwise for getting into heroics. As it was, I left Dread Wastes well over the ilevel requirement for heroics.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:12 am

Mozen wrote:I was under the impression that the dailies awarded valor, not justice.

I'm at a loss where to get all the justice points to buy the 458 gear so I can get into heroics. It looks like the only way to not do the rep grind and gear up is via crafted 450 gear, or maybe finishing all the quests in Dreaded Wastes for the 437 quest gear, plus some 440 blues and a few 450 dungeon pieces.

There are only 2 iLv 450 plate tanking dungeon drops (one of which is a trinket) from only 1 regular level 90 dungeon.

I must admit I don't understand how people got geared up so quickly in the first week without crafted gear. Where do people get all their justice points from?

There's 450 pieces for 3-4 slots from dread wastes quest chains.
Rhiannon

Postby Teranoid » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:25 am

Paxen wrote:To get into heroics, you buy crafted pvp gear. It's ilvl 450, and with the way pvp gear works now it's equivalent to pve gear with added free resilience and pvp power, so it beats anything from quests. It's more than enough to reach the minimum ilvl, and it's also more than enough to trivialize the content. You get some crit rating, but that can be reforged.

Alternatively you can buy Mastercrafted Spiritguard gear, if you want avoidance.

Or you could just do Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes from 88-90 and have an ilevel high enough to go straight into heroics without buying a single thing.
Teranoid

Postby Mozen » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Ah, I've always only moved into a new zone after getting the quest achievement for a zone, and this way I always ding 90 after Kun-Lai Summit. Never touched anything in Townlong Steppes, too. Then I suppose I got tied up trying to expand my farm asap. Haha.

Which reminds me. My alt druid got 0 experience from Krasarang Wilds because a GM didn't pay attention while doing his/her work. It's a long story:

One pally guildie questioned about where his Plate Specialization went to. So I checked and found that I no longer have it either. I logged into my druid and sure enough, the druid has Leather Specialization. So I contacted the GM.

Initially the GM said that all armor specialization have been folded into the Armor skill, and nobody has the specialization skill for each class of armor anymore. I pointed out that my druid still has it, so the GM logged into my druid to check. A while later, he/she said they'll report this to Blizzard US (I play on the Taiwan realms).

It was at that point my druid bugged and could no longer receive experience from anything. I think I had just finished the Four Winds and was moving into Krasarang. But I didn't notice the problem untill at the end of Krasarang, I started feeling odd that level 87 took so long. Then I noticed the problem.

Petitioning the GM in-game and on battle.net both resulted in the response that "the GM in question acted according to the rules of the game and user agreement, hence we cannot compensate you".

There you go, probably about 18,000,000 experience gone, just because one GM was careless when he/she handled my account.

Lesson learned. Never trust a GM again, ever.
Mozen

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:57 pm

All i can say is OUCH
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Good grief!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Paxen » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:03 pm

My monk left Townlong after killing the Sha there, and dinged 90 about halfway through Dread Wastes. Buying a complete set of Contender's gear was a clear upgrade (and the Monk staff and Brewfest trinkets helped too of course - I think the healers were annoyed when I grinded those as an 89 tank!).

I've tanked several heroics now in that gear with no issues, so I wouldn't say I gimped myself by not finishing the zones. But the path to LFR and (most importantly) Challenge Modes looks to be harder.
Paxen

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:12 pm

I have done about a thousand dailies so far this expansion. It takes me about three hours every day to get them done on my paladin (prot spec, as my os is holy) and it's tedious and painstaking but I persevere. So when I leveled my shaman up to 90, the last thing I wanted to do was more dailies. However, I wanted those leatherworking leg armor thingies from Golden Lotus so I decided I might as well start in on them. I was just finishing up my dailies when all of a sudden the dailies reset and my quest log was filled with:

SO. FILLED. WITH. RAGE.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:48 pm

We've been discussing that in the Missed Memo thread. I had a completed daily for AC (the bully quest) get removed just as I was about to go turn it in.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Mozen » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Ouch. That is really keyboard smashing stuff. Why the hell would they do that? Did the want so desperately to make sure every single player had the same dailies?

The only reason I can think of is something tied to the treasure chest from the end of the dailies quest line. Maybe there was some exploit back in beta?
Mozen

PreviousNext

Return to General