Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:58 am

Exalted Golden Lotus. Completed Master of the Ways.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Gab » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:52 am

Flex wrote:Completed Master of the Ways.

Gratz. Did you use "the turtle trick" or get the tokens by normal methods.

Guildie of mine has farmed hundreds of stacks of turtles in the last two days... A little ridiculous but I'm not going to complain as he has bought the guild tons of the rice/pepper/soy sauce and made enough feasts for at least this entire tier of raiding for those who don't want to grind the mats for the 300(450) food with the tokens from the repeatable. Also as a side effect there are enough leg enchants probably for the rest of the tier and hundreds of golden lotus for flasks from the spirits and leather collected while farming the turtle meat.

In before respawn or huge drop rate nerf.
Gab

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:05 am

I do not know this "turtle" method, I find mindlessly kill farming extremly boring so from your description I wouldn't have done it any way. I fished a bunch of stuff while waiting for guildies to run heroics with, used tokens from my main and my alts, alt paladin got 11 tokens from doing the intro cooking quests, and I have 4 85s, 1 86 and 1 87 farming stuff on four plot farms. And a few guildies used their "talk to this chick and a get a token" token for some items I needed.

Since I made everything I wanted for engineering my farm will be converting Songbells to Iron Paw tokens til I get the Bell and Flippable table.
Last edited by Flex on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Gab » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:11 am

Flex wrote:I do not know this "turtle" method, I find mindlessly kill farming extremly boring so from your description I wouldn't have done it any way. I fished a bunch of stuff while waiting for guildies to run heroics with, used tokens from my main and my alts, alt paladin got 11 tokens from doing the intro cooking quests, and I have 4 85s, 1 86 and 1 87 farming stuff on four plot farms.

Since I made everything I wanted for engineering my farm will be converting Songbells to Iron Paw tokens til I get the Bell and Flippable table.

Nice, yeah I have no patience for mindlessly killing stuff either. That and Ret isnt exactly ideal. He pops demo and never has to leave it endlessly killing piles and piles of turtles with grouped guildies leveling their alts while looting/skinning the turtles. Kills them so fast 2 skinners can't keep up... Slight oversight by Bliz similar to the Wildfowl Brest drop rate.

Anyone wondering it's the turtles just east of the Pools of Purity in Vot4W.
Gab

Postby Nooska » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 am

Also completed Master of the Ways - yesterday, will hit exalted GL, Klaxxi and Anglers sunday or monday (I forget which).
Must look into this turtle "trick" for the Bell, or just go completely songbell on Nooska's farm, and do scallions for her food on the 2 alt farms I have.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:17 am

Gab wrote:
Flex wrote:I do not know this "turtle" method, I find mindlessly kill farming extremly boring so from your description I wouldn't have done it any way. I fished a bunch of stuff while waiting for guildies to run heroics with, used tokens from my main and my alts, alt paladin got 11 tokens from doing the intro cooking quests, and I have 4 85s, 1 86 and 1 87 farming stuff on four plot farms.

Nice, yeah I have no patience for mindlessly killing stuff either. That and Ret isnt exactly ideal. He pops demo and never has to leave it endlessly killing piles and piles of turtles with grouped guildies leveling their alts while looting/skinning the turtles. Kills them so fast 2 skinners can't keep up... Slight oversight by Bliz similar to the Wildfowl Brest drop rate.

Anyone wondering it's the turtles just east of the Pools of Purity in Vot4W.

/runstoVot4Wtonightbeforethisgetsnerfedtoo

Will have to try this myself.. a week or two ago, you could do the same thing with the cranes, as each dropped a wildfowl breast, but the drop rate was nerfed to 25% or so, so farming them became much more troublesome. I know the turtle meat isn't a 100% drop, but if you can kill more efficiently than the cranes, it will work.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Gab » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:26 am

halabar wrote:/runstoVot4Wtonightbeforethisgetsnerfedtoo

Will have to try this myself.. a week or two ago, you could do the same thing with the cranes, as each dropped a wildfowl breast, but the drop rate was nerfed to 25% or so, so farming them became much more troublesome. I know the turtle meat isn't a 100% drop, but if you can kill more efficiently than the cranes, it will work.

According to wowhead, and inline with my guildie's experience, the drop rate is closer to 40%. It's the low amount of health and extremely absurb respawn rate that make this such a productive farming local.
Gab

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:46 am

Gab wrote:

According to wowhead, and inline with my guildie's experience, the drop rate is closer to 40%. It's the low amount of health and extremely absurb respawn rate that make this such a productive farming local.

Will have to try it.. :D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby djlar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Extremely lucky my ele shaman got:

1st run at HH: the hit+int ring
2nd run at HH: the spirit+int ring
1st run at Sha: the T14 pants (used a coin but anyways)

Rogue got the agi ring to drop 4 times in a row, won it on that 4th try when finally I was the only agility wearer on group..

Next up: will be doing HH on rogue daily until the 2 swords and possibly the mount could drop.. Will settle for the insta cast broom (unless they fix that also)
djlar

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:02 pm

I got the broom on my first go. Nice to have while it lasts.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Gab » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:21 pm

halabar wrote:Will have to try it.. :D

Looks like the respawn got "fixed" last night... Still not a bad place but no longer utterly ridiculous.
Gab

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Sutiru's Brazen Bulwark for 15k in the AH =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Mozen » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Got the mount of the headless horseman. Finally!
Mozen

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:42 pm

halabar wrote:
Gab wrote:

Will have to try it.. :D

I was farming the crocs at Whitefall Lake (one of the dailies hubs for GL) for awhile. Pretty good since they were the daily kill x mob, so respawn rates were pretty high, and the drop rate on croc meat was fairly decent.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:44 pm

i know we have a sports thread, but this is huge..

the Oregon State Uni. Beavers are 6-0 for the first time in 105 years (since 1907) and only the second time in school history!

GO BEAVS!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

PreviousNext

Return to General