Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby Zalaria » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:02 am

A guild member had a Golden Lotus quest from a different day yesterday. He wasn't able to do it because the effigies weren't walking around, but he still had the quest.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Missed the memo badly.. I was bad mouthing another elemental shaman because he had expertise on every piece of gear... I told him he wasn't enhancement... I found out later that expertise is converted to spell hit... dumb me...

But anyways he had so much expertise and spirit his spell hit rating must have been like 22%...

I think the guy wen the "safe" way and got the 7.5% "normal" expertise on top of the 15% spell hit needed for a caster... he had plenty of purples so I don't think hit was an issue..
djlar

Postby djlar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Worldie wrote:I just realized Hunters have been given a Combat Res.

Why not paladins? :<

Really? which beast does that? I had no idea.. my hunter is still 87 though... bu he's BM..
djlar

Postby Zalaria » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:57 pm

It's the Quilen, which are annoyingly exotic. So only one spec got a combat rez.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:35 pm

It's consistent with BoK, BL and PoF though.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Zalaria wrote:A guild member had a Golden Lotus quest from a different day yesterday. He wasn't able to do it because the effigies weren't walking around, but he still had the quest.

It may have just been a bug or something, but for whatever reason, it was no longer in my logs. I've also been ported to Halfhill while waiting for the dailies to reset at Angler's Wharf.

Edit: Looks like Nika encountered a similar issue (Frustrations thread)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:14 am

It happens at least for the Golden lotus. It happened with my quests, two different days and two different quests, both golden Lotus.
Tiller's it doesn't happen, it's probably related to the phasing.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby djlar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Yeah they don't want you to stockpile daily quests.. if you missed them one day, you lost them forever it seems, even if the next day the quests are the same set..
djlar

Postby Treck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Doesnt seem to hold true for all quests.
I kept all my klaxxi dailys from one day to another, Im assuming it was the same but I didnt lose them or anything.
Since the dailys change every day, It makes sense they completely reset anyway.
Treck

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 am

I'm guessing quests for mobs that don't spawn are the only ones that get removed. In the screen shot, all of those quests have mobs that may or may not spawn depending on the daily quest. Expect the Eternal Vigil -- not sure if those assholes are always there or not.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:53 am

You can paste a screenshot directly into imgur instead of making a jpeg in ms paint first.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:49 am

Pyrea wrote:You can paste a screenshot directly into imgur instead of making a jpeg in ms paint first.

Do they allow cropping? I typically use imageshack after cropping in paint.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:52 am

I just figured out you can click a quest giver under a thousand giant mounts by just clicking his ! or ? ... how long has that been in game for
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Newsom » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:13 pm

Fellow raider admitted she didn't know there were portals in Shrine of two Moons. She thought they were engineering only. :lol:
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby econ21 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:07 am

Just found out it is the Shado-pan that give you the Onyx Cloud Serpent, not the August Celestials. I've been grinding the wrong dailies! :shock:
econ21

PreviousNext

Return to General