Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:05 am

I do not know this "turtle" method, I find mindlessly kill farming extremly boring so from your description I wouldn't have done it any way. I fished a bunch of stuff while waiting for guildies to run heroics with, used tokens from my main and my alts, alt paladin got 11 tokens from doing the intro cooking quests, and I have 4 85s, 1 86 and 1 87 farming stuff on four plot farms. And a few guildies used their "talk to this chick and a get a token" token for some items I needed.

Since I made everything I wanted for engineering my farm will be converting Songbells to Iron Paw tokens til I get the Bell and Flippable table.
Last edited by Flex on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Gab » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:11 am

Flex wrote:I do not know this "turtle" method, I find mindlessly kill farming extremly boring so from your description I wouldn't have done it any way. I fished a bunch of stuff while waiting for guildies to run heroics with, used tokens from my main and my alts, alt paladin got 11 tokens from doing the intro cooking quests, and I have 4 85s, 1 86 and 1 87 farming stuff on four plot farms.

Since I made everything I wanted for engineering my farm will be converting Songbells to Iron Paw tokens til I get the Bell and Flippable table.


Nice, yeah I have no patience for mindlessly killing stuff either. That and Ret isnt exactly ideal. He pops demo and never has to leave it endlessly killing piles and piles of turtles with grouped guildies leveling their alts while looting/skinning the turtles. Kills them so fast 2 skinners can't keep up... Slight oversight by Bliz similar to the Wildfowl Brest drop rate.

Anyone wondering it's the turtles just east of the Pools of Purity in Vot4W.
User avatar
Gab
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Wish you were here

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nooska » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 am

Also completed Master of the Ways - yesterday, will hit exalted GL, Klaxxi and Anglers sunday or monday (I forget which).
Must look into this turtle "trick" for the Bell, or just go completely songbell on Nooska's farm, and do scallions for her food on the 2 alt farms I have.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:17 am

Gab wrote:
Flex wrote:I do not know this "turtle" method, I find mindlessly kill farming extremly boring so from your description I wouldn't have done it any way. I fished a bunch of stuff while waiting for guildies to run heroics with, used tokens from my main and my alts, alt paladin got 11 tokens from doing the intro cooking quests, and I have 4 85s, 1 86 and 1 87 farming stuff on four plot farms.

Since I made everything I wanted for engineering my farm will be converting Songbells to Iron Paw tokens til I get the Bell and Flippable table.


Nice, yeah I have no patience for mindlessly killing stuff either. That and Ret isnt exactly ideal. He pops demo and never has to leave it endlessly killing piles and piles of turtles with grouped guildies leveling their alts while looting/skinning the turtles. Kills them so fast 2 skinners can't keep up... Slight oversight by Bliz similar to the Wildfowl Brest drop rate.

Anyone wondering it's the turtles just east of the Pools of Purity in Vot4W.


/runstoVot4Wtonightbeforethisgetsnerfedtoo

Will have to try this myself.. a week or two ago, you could do the same thing with the cranes, as each dropped a wildfowl breast, but the drop rate was nerfed to 25% or so, so farming them became much more troublesome. I know the turtle meat isn't a 100% drop, but if you can kill more efficiently than the cranes, it will work.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Gab » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:26 am

halabar wrote:/runstoVot4Wtonightbeforethisgetsnerfedtoo

Will have to try this myself.. a week or two ago, you could do the same thing with the cranes, as each dropped a wildfowl breast, but the drop rate was nerfed to 25% or so, so farming them became much more troublesome. I know the turtle meat isn't a 100% drop, but if you can kill more efficiently than the cranes, it will work.


According to wowhead, and inline with my guildie's experience, the drop rate is closer to 40%. It's the low amount of health and extremely absurb respawn rate that make this such a productive farming local.
User avatar
Gab
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Wish you were here

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:46 am

Gab wrote:
halabar wrote:/runstoVot4Wtonightbeforethisgetsnerfedtoo

Will have to try this myself.. a week or two ago, you could do the same thing with the cranes, as each dropped a wildfowl breast, but the drop rate was nerfed to 25% or so, so farming them became much more troublesome. I know the turtle meat isn't a 100% drop, but if you can kill more efficiently than the cranes, it will work.


According to wowhead, and inline with my guildie's experience, the drop rate is closer to 40%. It's the low amount of health and extremely absurb respawn rate that make this such a productive farming local.


Will have to try it.. :D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby djlar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Extremely lucky my ele shaman got:

1st run at HH: the hit+int ring
2nd run at HH: the spirit+int ring
1st run at Sha: the T14 pants (used a coin but anyways)

Rogue got the agi ring to drop 4 times in a row, won it on that 4th try when finally I was the only agility wearer on group..

Next up: will be doing HH on rogue daily until the 2 swords and possibly the mount could drop.. Will settle for the insta cast broom (unless they fix that also)
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:02 pm

I got the broom on my first go. Nice to have while it lasts.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Gab » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:21 pm

halabar wrote:Will have to try it.. :D


Looks like the respawn got "fixed" last night... Still not a bad place but no longer utterly ridiculous.
User avatar
Gab
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Wish you were here

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Sutiru's Brazen Bulwark for 15k in the AH =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Mozen » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Got the mount of the headless horseman. Finally!
Mozen
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:33 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:42 pm

halabar wrote:
Gab wrote:
halabar wrote:/runstoVot4Wtonightbeforethisgetsnerfedtoo

Will have to try this myself.. a week or two ago, you could do the same thing with the cranes, as each dropped a wildfowl breast, but the drop rate was nerfed to 25% or so, so farming them became much more troublesome. I know the turtle meat isn't a 100% drop, but if you can kill more efficiently than the cranes, it will work.


According to wowhead, and inline with my guildie's experience, the drop rate is closer to 40%. It's the low amount of health and extremely absurb respawn rate that make this such a productive farming local.


Will have to try it.. :D

I was farming the crocs at Whitefall Lake (one of the dailies hubs for GL) for awhile. Pretty good since they were the daily kill x mob, so respawn rates were pretty high, and the drop rate on croc meat was fairly decent.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:44 pm

i know we have a sports thread, but this is huge..

the Oregon State Uni. Beavers are 6-0 for the first time in 105 years (since 1907) and only the second time in school history!

GO BEAVS!
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:45 am

Got the Tongue of Ba-Shon (which was lost back on launch day) restored and finally finished the quests in Kun Lai Summit.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nooska » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:42 am

Klaxxi and Anglers exalted today (Golden Lotus tomorrow)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Nooska wrote:Klaxxi and Anglers exalted today (Golden Lotus tomorrow)


I'm 2 days away from Golden Lotus and that will leave Shado-pan and August Celestials.. thank god.

2 hours of dailies turn into 25 minutes. I've got so many damn coins and I need next to nothing from valor. I'm going to enjoy not having to do a damned thing when I log in.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Pizbit » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Broke 100k gold, always seemed to get to about 75k ish then drop down.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:38 pm

First run of LFR second half MV, and I got the trinket off Elegon with a bonus roll (I'm using 3 rolls a week, until we start raiding, on Garajal, Elegon (not any more), and Sha).

Also, I think I'm going to enjoy Elegon a lot. Other than the visuals on the last phase (can't tell which way the boss is facing!), it is a fun fight, probably my favourite in Mogu'shan Vaults.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:37 pm

Anglers Exalted, should only be a couple days left on Golden Lotus, but I'll probably continue them for Skyshard chances (up to 4 at the moment.)

Also... I have a Grand Ice Mammoth and Traveler's Tundra Mammoth! I may only have 700 gold left... but I finally bit the bullet and got them out of the way. Up next will probably be the Dalaran ring (and maybe Haris Pilton's bag.)

If nothing else, these dailies have been good for my gold intake.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:49 pm

How the heck is everyone Exalted with Anglers so quickly? I don't think I missed any days after I turned 90 and I'm only 25% through revered!
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:55 pm

Have you turned in any of the Nat Pagle quest fish? They give Angler rep as well.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Orthien » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:10 pm

This weekend I successfully solo'ed 25man Marrowgar. Cleared trash through to Deathwhisper but the debuff prevents me doing her solo.
User avatar
Orthien
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:59 am

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Have you turned in any of the Nat Pagle quest fish? They give Angler rep as well.

One of them. Actually, I was off. It seems I'm 75% through revered - I thought it was much worse.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:04 pm

I'm not starting Anglers until I've finished all the rest. Should get Exalted Golden Lotus tonight.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Teranoid » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:53 am

Nikachelle wrote:How the heck is everyone Exalted with Anglers so quickly? I don't think I missed any days after I turned 90 and I'm only 25% through revered!


Anglers dailies used to reset at midnight if they were different from the quests being offered earlier in the day.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest