Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:46 am

And I just realized I havent done Klaxxi quests in more than a week -- completely forgot about those guys and their nice ring they give as a reward once you reach exalted *facedesk*
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby theckhd » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:50 am

Klaudandus wrote:and I really really have no idea where AskMrRobot went wrong the last few days -- I can't seem to get the optimization working without it being completely derptastic, even with custom weights.

What's your armory link? It's been working pretty well for me, but I can take a look at your profile and see if I can replicate the weirdness.

<edit> Nevermind, I can read.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/ ... klaudandus

Looks like it's working fine to me. It's reforging everything it can to hit/exp and gemming for stamina:
Code: Select all
MainHand : CritRating -> HitRating
Wrists : ParryRating -> ExpertiseRating
OffHand : DodgeRating -> ExpertiseRating
Hands : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
Ring2 : DodgeRating -> ExpertiseRating
Trinket2 : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
Legs : DodgeRating -> HitRating
Ring1 : MasteryRating -> HitRating
Head : ParryRating -> ExpertiseRating
Waist : DodgeRating -> HitRating
Shoulders : ParryRating -> ExpertiseRating
Feet : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
Neck : DodgeRating -> HitRating
Back : ParryRating -> ExpertiseRating
Chest : ParryRating -> HitRating
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:04 am

are we supposed to shed that much mastery? i am losing 6% or so of mastery.
---
Klaudandus

Postby theckhd » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:15 am

In the control schemes, yes. Your first priority is hit cap and expertise hard cap.

Similarly with Treck's character:
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/t ... er/treckie

I used the control/haste scheme for him, and apart from the missing cloak enchant, it's just transferring one dodge->exp reforge to dodge->hit, since he's below both caps and hit is more valuable.

<edit> actually, that's sort of weird - it should be replacing all of his haste/stam gems with hit/stam gems. If I do that manually, it gives me a higher score (and lets him reach hit cap, of course). But I know the algorithm has still been having trouble with haste vs. hit, even on my character. I generally just force it to use hit/stam, exp/stam, and stam gems in yellow, red, and blue sockets respectively, and let it optimize reforges around that.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:41 am

i see
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:26 am

Found out last night a childhood friend, gamer, and wrestler succumbed to his demons. It's been a tough night and morning.
Shoju

Postby econ21 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:39 am

Klaudandus wrote:And I just realized I havent done Klaxxi quests in more than a week -- completely forgot about those guys and their nice ring they give as a reward once you reach exalted *facedesk*

Yeah, I had a double take when I remembered about them. The same goes for the Golden Lotus. On balance, however, I'll leave them be. Both factions dailies are seriously grindy and time consuming. And while rings are nice, they are not make or break for me, unlike a big ticket item like a helm. I'm now working on AC and SP, which seem lighter touch dailies. I may return to Klaxxi/GL when I hit revered on SP - I may need the VPs, I fear. (30 VPs for a heroic seems just punitive.)
econ21

Postby twinkfist » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:45 am

was thinking that something was missing from my gear...and then realized that my toon is a blacksmith and i forgot to socket my bracers and gloves. i make myself tired.

also, i'm just putting this out there now because i know i won't get it...frustrated with the horseman for not giving me his mount or helm.
twinkfist

Postby Nooska » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:51 am

hit/stam gems? aren't both hit and stam blue?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Gab » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:35 am

Nooska wrote:hit/stam gems? aren't both hit and stam blue?

Hit is yellow now. Nimble is the hit/stam can't recall what the pure hit is called atm.
Gab

Postby Treck » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:43 am

No, actually not, Hit is still blue.
Hit used to be yellow, but for some reason hit/sta gems are still green, even if it "should" be blue/blue :P
Treck

Postby Gab » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:05 pm

Treck wrote:No, actually not, Hit is still blue.
Hit used to be yellow, but for some reason hit/sta gems are still green, even if it "should" be blue/blue :P

Maybe that's why I couldn't recall a pure yellow hit! Definitely strange but helpful none the less.
Gab

Postby Nooska » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Hmm I have to change my BM guide on gemming then... Oh wait, hit/agi is purple (like it should be), I was thinking exp/agi, which are both red.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:28 am

Bellanka wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Flagging and killing the other rAid is kosher, the chain taunt thing to reset the boss isnt

That isn't kosher on a PVE server, but Alterac Mountains is PVP. killing the other faction is fair play here, and half the fun :P

I'm a little behind on this thread, and maybe someone mentioned this already, but it wasn't alliance killing horde to gain control of Galleon... it was horde using Earth Elemental totems to taunt (not Rockbiter, as apparently that doesn't work according to the thread's comments) to steal the boss away (resetting it, then aoeing the spawn point) from other horde players.

As for the BMAH, that's also not kosher, since it was again, horde vs horde. If someone kills (alliance vs horde) you while you try to talk to the auctioneer or get to the mailbox, that's an entirely different scenario.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Paxen » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:37 am

Damn rep system. I like running dungeons and I like playing Farmville, err, doing Tillers dailies, and they both reward me valor and justice.

But the only rep I got is Klaxxi honored and Shado-Pan friendly from questing in Townlong and Dread Wastes by levelling, so the only way I can spend the points is...to buy honor. Sigh.

I'm already spending too much time on the Tillers, time I could spend in dungeons. No way am I doing more dailies. Guess it's gearing by drops for me. With RNG.
Paxen

PreviousNext

Return to General