Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Gab » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:36 am

Astronomic wrote:I've completed all the quests in those zones and I was either just about to hit friendly or just past it with shado-pan.

That's odd. I started late thanks to a vacation, so I have yet to hit revered with Golden Lotus.

I'm honored (only ~400 in iirc) with Shado-Pan without having done a single daily and only using one peace pipe. Without the pipe I'd be at the cusp of Friendly/Honored.
Gab

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:21 am

Teranoid wrote:I am no longer unemployed! Yay money.

grats
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Astronomic wrote:I've completed all the quests in those zones and I was either just about to hit friendly or just past it with shado-pan.

I was just about Honored before I unlocked Shado-Pan dailies. I hit revered today - I missed a few days of Golden Lotus early on, so am a bit behind.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Amshel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Stepped out of the Vale to farm some quick mobs for my Wikky's Whistle and I come back to someone killing Urgolax. I asked if they'd invite me and they didn't say a word, but they died because they're terrible. I invited them after they rezzed since it became my kill and I finished Glorious! aw yiss

I was a little amused they needed both the drops though. You won't invite me, you die, but you'll take the loot from me after I'm nice enough to invite you.
Amshel

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Amshel wrote:You won't invite me, you die, but you'll take the loot from me after I'm nice enough to invite you.

No good deed goes unpunished.
Specially around the daily areas.

I run as Ret with RF on so I keep aggro over my Wife who plays as a priest and I have had numerous people tag mobs then drag them into my AoE so that I get threat, then they run off to kill other things. Or wait until I attack something then run in to loot the quest item underneath the mob.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Amshel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:02 pm

I've had people do that to me too when I'm swiping a big group, but I just shadowmeld and watch them die/get in one hit and go kill more mobs like they did to me.
Amshel

Postby Sagara » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Or the trillium node from under the mob I just Repented...
Seriously, you feel it's early x-pack - the asshats are out in force.

Success: the hit/exp cap is almost reached - I just need the valor shoulders and I'll be done on that side. I also realised that even though they're mostly equal in value, you need so much expertise you should mostly focus on exp/something stuff, and reforge to hit if necessary.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Andurin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Sagara wrote:Or the trillium node from under the mob I just Repented...
Seriously, you feel it's early x-pack - the asshats are out in force.

I dont see any difference with late cata tbh :p

My success: Took me "only" 10 runs to get the strength ring from Headless Horseman. Now for the helm... Bets are open.
Andurin

Postby bldavis » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:09 am

well i am on 6 runs without even seeing the ring, so GL
the helm is from teh daily bag only, so ill go with 8 days

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Andurin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:19 am

bldavis wrote:well i am on 6 runs without even seeing the ring, so GL
the helm is from teh daily bag only, so ill go with 8 days

I won it on the 10th run since the other paladin already had it, but that was the only time I saw it aswell... And good to know that the helm is from the bag... Now I wont kill the horseman any more then once a day lol...
Andurin

Postby Epimer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:35 am

My monk gearing has gone pretty well!

In two days my lovely GM has crafted me the epic chest and gives, I got the HH ring in the second attempt, quest reward boots from Sha, heroic upgrades for back, ring, both weapons and belt... then into LFR for a weapon upgrade and nice legs too.

Hit and (soft) expertise capped and now pumping up haste. Glad I won't be being carried in Sunday's raid, in gear terms at least.
Epimer

Postby bldavis » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:36 am

finally leveling my horde dk, working my way through Dreadwastes and get Dirl's Drafty Drape off an amber collector!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:47 am

Amshel wrote:Stepped out of the Vale to farm some quick mobs for my Wikky's Whistle and I come back to someone killing Urgolax. I asked if they'd invite me and they didn't say a word, but they died because they're terrible. I invited them after they rezzed since it became my kill and I finished Glorious! aw yiss

I was a little amused they needed both the drops though. You won't invite me, you die, but you'll take the loot from me after I'm nice enough to invite you.

I've actually given up trying for rares and the associated achievements. On my server, it seems like 90s are out camping them (you go leet dude, taking out a rare 4 levels below you. :roll: ) and not interested in folks asking for an invite to help out.
benebarba

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:42 am

benebarba wrote:I've actually given up trying for rares and the associated achievements. On my server, it seems like 90s are out camping them (you go leet dude, taking out a rare 4 levels below you. :roll: ) and not interested in folks asking for an invite to help out.

Only ones being camped on my server are the ones with useful drops.. (peace pipe, fishing trinket, etc)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Era » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:53 am

I am the master of all rants.
My rant went on for six A4 pages with Times New Roman 12 and includes life advice, kittens, Blizzard, jogging, stabbing, salads and piano.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

PreviousNext

Return to General