Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:27 am

Klaudandus wrote:3 healing it, is that the wrong strategy?

we tried that for a bit till we notided the dps requirement with that setup. continued with 2.
then we tried maxing the spirit realm buff: not worth it. spend as little time in there as possible, without getting swarmed with adds (we had one frost dk dotting everything up in there) and manage totems/voodoo dolls debuff so that the healers can alternate.
so, one (dotting) dps on spiritrealm adds, rest goes in as short as possible, amount of times based on dps cooldowns. line those up if possible, but don't go out of your way for it.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby djlar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:46 am

Why just they don't make Galleon spawn more frequently? 72 hours is a huge stretch, by then you have 3-4 40 mans there to kill it, maybe once every 3 hours should be fine.

These bosses supposed to be like the Archavon replacements, at least on Sha he's up every 20 mins or so, Galleon you could spend all day there and he will not spawn..
djlar

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:48 am

The big issue with Galleon is that he ALWAYS gives loot. There's no loot lockout like Sha. Making him give loot once a week like Sha would solve the problem.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:15 am

Bellanka wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Flagging and killing the other rAid is kosher, the chain taunt thing to reset the boss isnt

That isn't kosher on a PVE server, but Alterac Mountains is PVP. killing the other faction is fair play here, and half the fun :P

Yeah, and i agreed... What i said isnt kosher is forcing galleon to reset...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby djlar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Bellanka wrote:The big issue with Galleon is that he ALWAYS gives loot. There's no loot lockout like Sha. Making him give loot once a week like Sha would solve the problem.

How much loot does it gives? 8 pieces (1 per group I assume) so still 20% chance of getting anything? how about double tags?
djlar

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Bellanka wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Flagging and killing the other rAid is kosher, the chain taunt thing to reset the boss isnt

That isn't kosher on a PVE server, but Alterac Mountains is PVP. killing the other faction is fair play here, and half the fun :P

Yeah, and i agreed... What i said isnt kosher is forcing galleon to reset...

Sorry, when you said Flagging the other raid is what threw me off. On a PVP server you're always flagged unless you're in a neutral area like a capital city.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:41 pm

and you're right -- we have had issues with flagged alliance guilds dropping in our sha kills and try to kill us/get us wiped -- sometimes they succeed. I don't like it much but it happens.

But the resetting of Galleon, regardless on whether you're on a pvp or pve server has no excuse, it's intentional griefing.

And since this is what they were originally talking about two pages ago or so, that's why I was putting more emphasis on the galleon reset, which I honestly did not know it was possible to begin with.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:49 pm

and I really really have no idea where AskMrRobot went wrong the last few days -- I can't seem to get the optimization working without it being completely derptastic, even with custom weights.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Treck » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:48 pm

Same, seems to work now that they pushed a fix.
Reforged all my gear to spirit, and it still said it was fully optimized xD
Treck

Postby Amshel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:58 pm

My last rare for Glorious! is Urgolax and it makes me wanna cry.

but on the positive side I found a second rare treasure in an high traffic area - not nearly as awful as Urgolax's spawn point - earlier.
Amshel

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Arrrrgh.
Looks like the Headless Horseman is going to be another loot beotch like Coren was.

A dozen runs, and endless +spirit Witches Bands. Real useful for Prot/Ret. Yay me.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Nothing really drops from HH that is useful for prot tbh.

But anywho, logged in last night to get some dailies done, notice I got mail. Open it up and there's 4 of them from my GM. Basically...my guild has suddenly stopped raiding with no prior notice, no warning, nothing. So now, I have to find a new US guild that raids at a decent time for me while I'm stationed here in Spain.

/sigh...
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby valura » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:00 am

halabar wrote:The incoming BM nerf due to the fact that Blizz created a system where to "make it interesting" they gave us plenty-o-cooldowns to stack at once. Not sure what they'll do, but I don't have a lot of hope that they'll improve the gameplay. But, as usual, it will be a PVE nerf due to PVP QQ.

Noooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:( :( :(
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby bldavis » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:24 am

when will they scrap the idea of pvp and pve being the same and realize they are completely different
we already have cc abilities last a different amount of time on enemy players, so why not extend that to other abilities as well?
ie stampede - each additional pet summoned only does 15% of full damage on enemy players, but still full amounts on npcs
so if you are doing like IoC or AV, you still have the pve cd available to you, but against the enemy players it sucks and reduces the burst (which is what wow pvp is about anyway)

actually, as i am typing this and thinking, i think a better option would be increase the pvp power co-eff on everything, make it really weak as base (ie pve gear) but if you have a HUGE amount of pvp power vs no resil you will wreck them

resil just counteracts the effect of pvp power so you have the choice of pure glass cannon all power option of nuking the shit out of everyone, but if a pet sneezes on you, you drop half your hp, or going the blood dk method and nothing can kill you, yet almost nothing will die of pure resil stacking

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby valura » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:56 am

Imo Blizz should've adapted the Bioware solution to the PVE vs PVP problem. In SW:TOR your (PVE) abilities are scaled down to approx 10% when used in PVP. You use 1 stat (Expertise) to boost your damage as well as defense in PVP, ignoring all other basic stats as possible modifiers for damage (although hit & crit carry over to PVP). Capping the Expertise level will result in you having the same dmg output as well as def/avoidance as using PvE gear in a PvE encounter.

Eg: Ability X does 5000 PvE damage on a mob of equal level
  • => Ability X (with 0 Expertise ) does 500 PvP damage on another player (with 0 Expertise)
  • => Ability X (with 10% Expertise ) does 550 PvP damage on another player (with 0 Expertise)
  • => Ability X (with 100% Expertise ) does 5000 PvP damage on another player (with 0 Expertise)
Mind you, this are not the actual numbers, but a representation of how it works.

That way, there's little or no necessity to buff or nerf certain abilities or whole specs post PTR. Iirc correctly the biggest changes they implemented were timing issues (ability activation timers, etc)
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

PreviousNext

Return to General