Remove Advertisements

[10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby daishan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:46 pm

He fixates on his target, I haven't checked it myself but I know the off tank can't taunt him.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
User avatar
daishan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm
Location: UK

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Fenris » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:48 pm

From what i've seen tonight BoP works,while divine shield forces him to switch to another target
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Fenris
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:51 am
Location: Italy

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Hespherus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:47 am

I used divine shield, didnt have any issues.
Hespherus
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:03 am

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Juugimus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:33 am

I used divine shield last night with no problems. Just have to make sure he's fixated on you first.
Image

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 9:34 am

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Fenris » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:42 am

Juugimus wrote:Just have to make sure he's fixated on you first.

I did,well after he was fixated i popped DS and he turned on a random melee as long as i was bubbled

Who knows...
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Fenris
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:51 am
Location: Italy

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Tebin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Sticking on this guy pretty hard. It just feels like all our dps are about 10% short of what we need. WoL here:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cfwz ... 75&e=10897

We have two dps and a healer going in each time, and I (tank, natch) help with the spirits a bit when i'm in there, but we just seem to fall short every time. This doesn't seem like it's meant to be a hard fight
Tebin
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Auracle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:02 pm

We struggled to understand what we were doing wrong at first as well Tebin.

From trawling logs data I noticed that a lot of guilds seem to only kill the spirit realm adds 2x per encounter, which suggests that they are sending in DPS to get healed to full then come right back out to DPS the boss.

We attempted that strat, but found raid damage to be too extreme with only 2 healers.

Instead, we created a buddy system between our DoT ranged DPs and 2 others, and just rotated healers according to mana needs, like so:
Pair 1) DoTter/Normal DPS
Pair 2) DoTter/Normal DPS
The DoTter in each pair would ALWAYS have priority to go into the spirit realm, and we had them coming out of the spirit realm in time for each fresh wave of totems. Since this meant very low active time in the normal realm, it also meant they were highly unlikely to receive Voodoo Doll (and thus be prevented from returning to the spirit realm).

In effect, this meant that we had the two DoT classes in the spirit realm most of the fight handling adds, while the other 4 DPS stayed out and jus tunneled the boss.

We also had our healers prioritize nuking up high stacks on the spirit realm DPS ASAP once inside, to ensure that DPS in the spirit realm were able to stay on top of the adds.

I think that the lack of movement and ability to tunnel and stay on boss w/o interruption was what bought us the fight, since up til then the only issue we were having was the enrage timer. We went from wiping @ 20 - 25% at the 6 minute mark to killing him in 3 attempts at 5 mins 24 secs.

Hope this helps!
Auracle
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:56 am

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby daishan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:23 am

Be careful checking logs on this boss, they'll only show what happened in the realm that the person doing the logging was in.
We 2 healed this doing our best to have the healers take turns in the spirit realm. We tried to have our top dps go down as much as possible so they'd have the buff more to max boss dps.
As tank I could usually kill at least a couple of spirts as well as my add. Don't forget if voodoo doll healing gets hard you can bubble or hand of protection without the boss attacking someone else.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
User avatar
daishan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm
Location: UK

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Nova » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:08 pm

Guys, I need help on this boss.
As a Paladin tank, I'm taking too much damage while taking Gara'jal, and it translates to other players via the Voodoo Dolls debuff.

You can see my log here (I recorded the log so my data is correct):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yb1jg0dbw4vzvf3u/

What can I do to improve? Thanks in advance.
User avatar
Nova
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:03 am

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby daishan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:51 pm

I've only had a quick look at the logs, first off if you uploaded those logs you'll show as taking much more dmg than anyone else just because of it not logging what happens in the other realm.
Having said that you don't look to be using nearly as many of your cd's as you could, only 18 DP 4 AD and no GotAK in 13 attempts if i'm reading the logs correctly. Try to use either GotAK or Holy Avenger each time you take the boss slipping in as many DP as you can while tanking. Unfortunately your the only pally but don't forget you can safely bubble and Hand of Protection yourself while tanking the boss as he fixates on you for all but the very start and the last 20% burn. GL on you next raid.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
User avatar
daishan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm
Location: UK

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:56 pm

Nova wrote:Guys, I need help on this boss.
As a Paladin tank, I'm taking too much damage while taking Gara'jal, and it translates to other players via the Voodoo Dolls debuff.

You can see my log here (I recorded the log so my data is correct):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yb1jg0dbw4vzvf3u/

What can I do to improve? Thanks in advance.


I pulled up your profile from the AMR thread you posted to under General. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/ragnaros/arcia

I can't view logs thoroughly from my phone, but I'll take a look when I get home. In the meantime...

If your healers are having a hard time keeping the Voodoo Dolls people up it could be either a throughput issue or Active Mitigation management on your part.

If the issue is the healers not being able to keep people healed through it or the Voodoo Dolls targets being undergeared you can work to soften the blow, but the burden of responsibility is on the healers.

The Stamina reforging you were going for from AMR is fine for Feng, but for Gara'jal you'll want to reforge to at least 7.5% hit and expertise, if not 15% expertise, and then stack mastery/mastery trinkets from there. The goal is to maximize your Holy Power generation so that you can keep Shield of the Righteous uptime maximized. If you're running into a lull in SoTR uptime (and you will, it's natural) that's when you want to use a cooldown to keep damage mitigated while you rebuild your Holy power to full.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:15 am

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Gab » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Nova wrote:Guys, I need help on this boss.
As a Paladin tank, I'm taking too much damage while taking Gara'jal, and it translates to other players via the Voodoo Dolls debuff.

You can see my log here (I recorded the log so my data is correct):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yb1jg0dbw4vzvf3u/

What can I do to improve? Thanks in advance.


Not really enough time to comb through logs, sorry. But in addition to what Daishan said your druid co-tank has far better gear than you do. You still have several 450 pieces (including a helm that has no option of a meta) and both of those trinkets are extremely meh. The druid is in mostly 476/489 gear with a few 463 peices.

Also duids in general will usually have lower total damage taken on fights where the majority of the damage comes from melee attacks because of the avoidance that Savage Defense provides. That doesn't mean your damage can't be smoother and easier to heal through optimal use of active mitigation.
User avatar
Gab
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Wish you were here

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Nova » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:15 pm

daishan wrote:I've only had a quick look at the logs, first off if you uploaded those logs you'll show as taking much more dmg than anyone else just because of it not logging what happens in the other realm.
Having said that you don't look to be using nearly as many of your cd's as you could, only 18 DP 4 AD and no GotAK in 13 attempts if i'm reading the logs correctly. Try to use either GotAK or Holy Avenger each time you take the boss slipping in as many DP as you can while tanking. Unfortunately your the only pally but don't forget you can safely bubble and Hand of Protection yourself while tanking the boss as he fixates on you for all but the very start and the last 20% burn. GL on you next raid.

I know the logs show only my stats, but I've asked my Druid co-tank how was his damage taken and it was a little more than half of what I took.
Truth be told, I was using my Holy Power for off-healing with Word of Glory too much, I should concentrate more on myself. The last two tries (the last try was a kill indeed, don't know why it took it as a failure) I used SotR more.
What is "DP"? I though it was Divine Purpose, one of our talent choices. Is it an acronym for something else?
I did use GotAK, but tended to use it for the last 20% push, or in emergencies when called for by healers.

I read the bubble and Hand of Protection suggestion yesterday after the fight when I was browsing this forum for help, I'll use them the next time, I didn't know you didn't lose aggro from those.
Bellanka wrote:If your healers are having a hard time keeping the Voodoo Dolls people up it could be either a throughput issue or Active Mitigation management on your part.

If the issue is the healers not being able to keep people healed through it or the Voodoo Dolls targets being undergeared you can work to soften the blow, but the burden of responsibility is on the healers.

The Stamina reforging you were going for from AMR is fine for Feng, but for Gara'jal you'll want to reforge to at least 7.5% hit and expertise, if not 15% expertise, and then stack mastery/mastery trinkets from there. The goal is to maximize your Holy Power generation so that you can keep Shield of the Righteous uptime maximized. If you're running into a lull in SoTR uptime (and you will, it's natural) that's when you want to use a cooldown to keep damage mitigated while you rebuild your Holy power to full.

We were doing it with a Discipline priest and a Resto druid. The priest does have some throughput issues, but I'm trying to improve on my part.

Unforunately I cannot reach Expertise hard-cap for now. Thanks for the advice!
Gab wrote:Not really enough time to comb through logs, sorry. But in addition to what Daishan said your druid co-tank has far better gear than you do. You still have several 450 pieces (including a helm that has no option of a meta) and both of those trinkets are extremely meh. The druid is in mostly 476/489 gear with a few 463 peices.

Also duids in general will usually have lower total damage taken on fights where the majority of the damage comes from melee attacks because of the avoidance that Savage Defense provides. That doesn't mean your damage can't be smoother and easier to heal through optimal use of active mitigation.

Yes indeed, I've been having terrible luck with my gear, and found no meta-gem helm as of yet. Not to mention the trinkets, I haven't enough money to buy the Rlic of Niuzao one. According to this list over at Icy Veins, the useful trinkets drop from trash in Mogu'shan, or Elegon itself, which we haven't reached as of yet. Or from Shado-Pan, and I'm still getting myself to revered with Golden Lotus.

I'll try to improve my active mitigation usage, mainly stop Word of Glory'ing other players and just concentrate on my own. Also, which AddOn do you recommend for keeping track of Shield of the Righteous uptime?

Guys, thanks a lot for all the help. Pandaria's shift of Paladin tanking really caught me off-beat.

Anyway, if anyone has additional tips, it'd be appreciated.

PS: Please apologize for my bad English. It's not my native language.
User avatar
Nova
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:03 am

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby daishan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:55 pm

DP = Divine Protection
Probably best glyphed for physical dmg reduction on Gara.
I'm struggling to find GotAK on my logs so ye I fail at finding it rather than you not using it.

For trinkets try the Ghost Iron Dragonling you don't need to be an engineer to use and most ppl used them to level there engineering so they should be quite cheap put in 600 hit/exp/mast cogwheels. You could also use elixirs if your not already, the 2250 armor and 750 of a secondary stat probably exp or mast ones best for you.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
User avatar
daishan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm
Location: UK

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Ulrik » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Anyone having problems with the boss refocusing the old tank when he pops back out?

Edit: Solved it. The severers were dying so fast that the tank was porting back before the next fixate/voodoo was cast.

However, we're randomly having the first voodoo last 2 minutes instead of 1. Anyone else?
User avatar
Ulrik
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:51 am
Location: New England

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest