Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:55 am

Klaudandus wrote:Vodka being jackasses?

ALso, how do you steal Galleon?

I haven't had a single positive experience with them.

Rockbiter taunt chain the boss to reset, then have your raid stack AoEs on the spawn point.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:20 am

game mechanic frustration: the oodles of stuns that seem to be flying around in 5-mans (don't mind the re-targeting in scenarios... it makes total sense there, and I haven't been in a raid yet). I can only assume it is an attempt to:
1) convince people to use CC in a way that wouldn't cripple a group with poor/no CC options (not sure that exists, but I think it technically could still)
2) get healers to choose heal or dispell
3) get DPS to care about aggro again without putting it all on the tank. (yeah, I couldn't keep a straight face :P)

while those ideas are all well and good, it kinda sucks to be in a place where no matter how awesome you are at active mitigation for your class, it gets tossed right out the window on cooldown and every few seconds no amount of tanking skill will help you. Or am I just completely missing something?
benebarba

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:29 am

Bellanka wrote:

Rockbiter taunt chain the boss to reset, then have your raid stack AoEs on the spawn point.

Pretty sure that's what happens on every server every time Galleon spawns. Blizzard just replies it's part of the game.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:31 am

That isn't part of the game -- that is intentional griefing.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby valura » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:40 am

Klaudandus wrote:That isn't part of the game -- that is intentional griefing.

Confirmed. Intentional disrupting normal gaming experiences to "steal" a mob from a player or group of players is considered a bannable offense. The only exclusing to this rule is killing a player during such an encounter on a PVP server.

Preventing one or more players of experiencing the game by deliberately kiting mobs into their AoE, or PvP-flagging oneself to get hit by a non-flagged player so he/she can be killed and the mob be stolen, etc... is an offense which can (and likely will) lead to a 4-72 hr ban.
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Fire | Bova (90) Resto |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (74) Resto | Shoju (50) WW | Wærloga (40) Demo | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Qedesha (70) Disc | Lanthlasa (21) BM | Xiaohongquan (34) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:56 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
Bellanka wrote:

Pretty sure that's what happens on every server every time Galleon spawns. Blizzard just replies it's part of the game.

Using a taunt mechanic that bypasses a boss' taunt immunity isn't really defensible as being part of the game.
Rhiannon

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:35 am

I would say that every time you do galleon, launch your combatlog, it should record who is chain rockbiting taunting and submit the file to blizz in your ticket.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Treck » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:02 am

The world bosses are a huge joke, and I dont mean that in difficulty, its not really suppose to be hard i guess.
But beeing able to share the tag, on huge pop servers, its just a spamm fest about getting invites and sharing the tag.
I guess it could work out as "intended" on some rare servers, i guess they sorta want pvp servers to compete for it.
Just make everyone get loot as long as you hit the boss like quest bosses, lots less annoying (I guess faction specific?).
Treck

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14 am

Rhiannon wrote:Using a taunt mechanic that bypasses a boss' taunt immunity isn't really defensible as being part of the game.

Well that I didn't realise. Having never won the aoe spam fest to tag the boss I didn't know enough about it to realise it's meant to be immune.
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:15 am

Don't forget this isn't just world bosses. It's also spamming trade, using mounts and AoEs, etc ... at the BMAH to keep other people from bidding. They've offered people gold to not bid, then not delivered. They've accepted RL money from people for loot/mount runs, not delivered, and told them "Too bad, we can't refund you, the money has already been spent" and then put those people on ignore.

Those are just the examples I've seen. I'm sure there's more, just as bad.

I don't mind competition on world bosses. As a 10-man guild my team would need to work that much harder for world bosses and I'm okay with that. I'd just like a fair shot, and for others to have the same fair shot. If another Horde guilds beats us to it? Great. Good for them. Maybe we can share. Maybe not. Alliance beats us to it? Maybe we can kill them and take it. Alliance kills us and takes it? Fair use of PVP server mechanics. Frustrating, sure ... but it's not a cheat and it's not griefing.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:21 am

Flagging and killing the other rAid is kosher, the chain taunt thing to reset the boss isnt
---
Klaudandus

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:31 am

Klaudandus wrote:Flagging and killing the other rAid is kosher, the chain taunt thing to reset the boss isnt

That isn't kosher on a PVE server, but Alterac Mountains is PVP. killing the other faction is fair play here, and half the fun :P
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:11 am

The incoming BM nerf due to the fact that Blizz created a system where to "make it interesting" they gave us plenty-o-cooldowns to stack at once. Not sure what they'll do, but I don't have a lot of hope that they'll improve the gameplay. But, as usual, it will be a PVE nerf due to PVP QQ.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:16 am

They'll make it so you can't stack cooldowns, like they did with Warriors in Cataclysm.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 am

Flex wrote:They'll make it so you can't stack cooldowns, like they did with Warriors in Cataclysm.

And if they don't do it well, the rotation of the cooldowns will be a mess.

That said, they did say something about not rushing a solution, so perhaps there is hope that they'll think about a correct solution. They also mentioned simplifying the MM rotation, which I can only think of a change to CA as a way to simplify it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General