[10H] Spirit Kings

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Spirit Kings

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:31 am

Looks to be the new Heroic Omnotron of this tier.

My guild doesn't have the DPS to do Gara'jal just yet (thanks to a certain guild on our server exploiting every mechanic possible to keep stealing Galleon and then grief anyone trying to outbid them on the BMAH, but I'm not bitter no sir :|) although we are pretty close, so we've decided to focus our efforts on the Four Kings instead.

We're two tanking this, just because of vengeance mechanics and the insane amount of tank DPS that can be gotten and sustained from it.

The transitions are what make this fight hard, and I feel that once people are more aware of what to expect from King A being up and King B joining the fray watching out for the other mechanics will be less of a problem.

This fight is amazing for Paladin tanks, especially those with a 2-piece bonus. My vengeance has gone as high as 650k (our Monk can reach just over 900k)and Qiang just melts, and very high vengeance bursts can be easily maintained the whole fight, especially with two tanks and use of the Marching Orders Mogu.

How are those of you currently on this boss handling the transitions? Is there some way to pick King order like Feng's Spirit of the ChooseYourOwnAdventure I'm missing?
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Re: [10H] Spirit Kings

Postby Hespherus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:42 am

Shouldnt Elegon be easier to handle? Im actually considering to skip Garajal too for the week and try to progress Elegon.
Hespherus

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:01 am

Hespherus wrote:Shouldnt Elegon be easier to handle? Im actually considering to skip Garajal too for the week and try to progress Elegon.

I would think that we'd run into the same DPS check problems there with the energy balls. We were barely able to consistently pop 4 waves on normal with our DPS composition. Whereas Spirit Kings is more about managing the mechanics.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Hespherus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:18 am

Which order would you say would be the easier to handle. Or let me put it this way, which king would you want for last? So you wouldnt have to deal with his ability throughout the fight.

Meng would be candidate. Having to deal with maddening shout at the same time as a flanking orders can get interesting.

Id say Qiang/Sebutai/shadow guy/Meng should be fairly easy to handle. Pop hero on Meng. Or use hero on the transition from Qiang to the second kind, since that should be also really hard to deal with, having to be stacked for massive attacks and also spread for the other king´s special...
Hespherus

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:27 am

Not sure which order I'd prefer, to be honest. We need more pulls where we survive the transition before I can see a clear order. I do like that Sebutai the Swift can be stunned during his new attack. The Shadow Guy + Qiang will ruin your day if you can't burn Qiang down fast, or dispel shields quickly.

We had Qiang/Shadow guy for our last pull of the night. I ate the first Annihilate with Weakened Blows, SoTR and GoAK up, started to burst him down. For the second Annihilate I used SoTR and AD, Shaman lusted, I hit AW and HA with a strength pot, plus the mastery jade trinket, and had our Monk OT stand in it as well and Qiang pretty much realized why you never go to the prison laundry room without a buddy.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Hespherus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:39 am

Well, the more i think about it, it seems like the best time to hero could be when qiang gets to 20% and the other king spawns, so you can spread without having to worry about stacking for massive attacks.

How much HP do the kings have? At work now :|. Should be close to 80M right?
Hespherus

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:42 am

Hespherus wrote:Well, the more i think about it, it seems like the best time to hero could be when qiang gets to 20% and the other king spawns, so you can spread without having to worry about stacking for massive attacks.

How much HP do the kings have? At work now :|. Should be close to 80M right?

Also at work, and this is the only gaming site I can view. I'll harass my guildies and see if anyone can confirm.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:15 am

65.4 million.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Hespherus wrote:Which order would you say would be the easier to handle. Or let me put it this way, which king would you want for last? So you wouldnt have to deal with his ability throughout the fight.

Qiang> Subetai > Zian > Meng seems to be the easiest combo.

Second attempt of the night and had Qiang dead, meng to 10% and Subetai to 75%
Last edited by Bellanka on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby timoseewho » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:51 pm

Isn't Zian's shield coupled with the recurring Maddening Shout quite tough? My guess for 'best' combo is Subetai->Zian->Meng. Either way, the only one you can control is the second one, by leashing it.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Bellanka » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:31 am

It was a lot easier to deal with before the vengeance hotfix on this fight. Could just time a consecrate for people to stand in with massively high vengeance (or just a Holy Wrath) and it would break them out in half a breath. Don't forget that those shields can be dispelled as well. Maddening Shout wasn't a problem for us except when someone didn't dispel Delirious going into one and I got destroyed despite being topped off and having a cooldown up.

Sadly, you can no longer eat Annihilate and Marching Orders for sustained high vengeance. It was nice watching Execution Sentence do more damage than our Rogue, but it was going to get fixed eventually.

This is one of the more challenging fights in the tier, I'd think; but it's more about execution than anything else.

Have to say, I am REALLY enjoying the Heroic Modes this tier.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby stevos » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Know what you mean about Galleon, its a stupid idea putting a world boss with such high ilvl only open every few days.

It spawned about 10am on our server this week, at which point myself and most of our guild were at work.
stevos

Postby Vesc » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Is it possible to influence which boss comes second?
So far we didn't notice a pattern, but ... we thought the Fengphases were random as well >.>
Vesc

Postby timoseewho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Vesc wrote:Is it possible to influence which boss comes second?
So far we didn't notice a pattern, but ... we thought the Fengphases were random as well >.>

This one appears to be 100% random. Feng on heroic actually states he picks the closest weapon.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Kishandra » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:52 am

If you have a monk in the raid, you can sort of control which boss you get second.

Have him leave his transcendence somewhere outside of the room, and if the whirlies don't appear on the boss of your choice (or if they do on the boss you don't want), monk can taunt and teleport outside to reset the encounter.

Doesn't usually matter but it's a real pain to have to deal with Zian second.
Kishandra

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)