Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Sagara » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Mozen wrote:Congrats @Epimer!

Now for me, my latest success is finally getting my head around that heroics is no longer the place to gear up. There's an alternative path. I now run Scenarios over and over again for cheap 463 gear and then I'm going straight to LFR.

Hun? I did 4-5 scenarios, and apart from the AoA quest, I didn't see a single drop from any of our guildies in it.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:02 pm

The goodie bags have a chance to drop blues, but I didn't pay enough attention to realize they were 463s. Regardless, I didn't get any upgrades compared to what I already had when I ran them.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Mozen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:06 pm

The chest I got from running scenarios have been giving me blues (appropriate to class) about 1/3 of the time. It's been very profitable for my two characters.

Admittedly, those blues don't have sockets, so heroic gear is still the place if you want to be doing regular 10/25 right after heroics. For me, I'm going to LFR first so having no sockets don't really matter that much.
Mozen

Postby Sagara » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Must have been unlucky then. I still like dungeons better when I can just shut off my brain, execute the fights and ignore the nagging.

"Pull more"
"Gogogo"
"You're going too fast"
"Why you let us die?" (because you stood in Carbonation, that's why)

Quick success - Tried Challenge mode a couple of days ago. Hoptallus tore us a new one, but we had a BLAST.

Sagara

Postby lythac » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:40 am

Mozen wrote:The chest I got from running scenarios have been giving me blues (appropriate to class) about 1/3 of the time. It's been very profitable for my two characters.

Admittedly, those blues don't have sockets, so heroic gear is still the place if you want to be doing regular 10/25 right after heroics. For me, I'm going to LFR first so having no sockets don't really matter that much.

Wowhead lists (on 17/10) 3464 drops from 15752 Cache of Treasures a 22% chance of an item.

For DPS it seems pretty decent given instant queue.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Mannstein » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:18 am

So this week (Saturday) I start to do Sha of Fear on a PUG, i have a DC at 60% and when i log back in... Boss was already dead for a while and i had about 20gold. FFS i couldn't use my coin...

Monday after cleaning this week's raid, my guild decides to go Sha since there were a few that still hadn't done it and with 30raiders it's a cakewalk. I stay in the raid to help, since i like to think i'm a nice guy (unfortunaly no one agrees with me).

So Boss down, and i get the "use coin" option... do despite being a bug, at least i thought it was, i pressed yes(or roll) and on my bag promptly appears:
Tier Hands Mainspec
Tier Legs Mainspec

So this game did teach me one thing:
Help others, so good things happen to you.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:46 am

Bought the valor ring, and won a lfr ring, which I realized this morning means that I don't need to touch Headless Horseman this year, since both those rings are lower ilvl (HH is 370). /happydance
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:11 am

After having a drought of strength plate I get both of the pieces from Siege in one run. This pleases me since I hate that place for some reason.
Levantine

Postby Sagara » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:17 am

Mannstein wrote:So this week (Saturday) I start to do Sha of Fear on a PUG, i have a DC at 60% and when i log back in... Boss was already dead for a while and i had about 20gold. FFS i couldn't use my coin...

Monday after cleaning this week's raid, my guild decides to go Sha since there were a few that still hadn't done it and with 30raiders it's a cakewalk. I stay in the raid to help, since i like to think i'm a nice guy (unfortunaly no one agrees with me).

So Boss down, and i get the "use coin" option... do despite being a bug, at least i thought it was, i pressed yes(or roll) and on my bag promptly appears:
Tier Hands Mainspec
Tier Legs Mainspec

So this game did teach me one thing:
Help others, so good things happen to you.

Wanted to comment on this:

Apparently, you CAN use your coin every time you kill a raid boss, even Sha or Galleon during your 2nd or nth successive kill of the week.

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:18 am

I thought that got changed recently and was just a bug?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:43 am

/shrug

Sagara

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:31 am

Ear surgery completed. Was discharged today complete with stitches and ear packing so that I look like I walked out of Resident Evil (including sporting the shaved scalp line around the ear area). Unpleasantly, the doctor filled out my forms saying I'd be ready for work as of Monday. :|
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:47 am

Enjoy the week off? :lol:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:56 am

Worldie wrote:Enjoy the week off? :lol:

All three days remaining of it! >.<
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:40 am

Over Lunch, I was approached by someone trying to pass out flyers related to the upcoming election. They handed me one, I looked at it, and handed it back. They said "But! VOTING IS IMPORTANT!"

I said, I know. I plan to vote. Just, not the same way you are.

He mumbled something under his breath, and as I got in my car, I turned, and saw he and his other flyer hander outer friend giving me the finger.

I should have just continued to drive, but I set my Emergency Brake, got out of the car, and walked back up to them. I said "You know what? I think I will take one of those."

The young man, obviously scared now, held it out meekly. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and began dialing the number of the sponsored by group on the flyer. Turns out, the group they were handing them out for didn't appreciate getting a phone call from an unhappy citizen who was just flipped off by two of their employees.

This, made my day.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General