Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Ironshaft » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:03 am

I don't know what the proper percentages are, but I went ahead and cut 120x red gems (got 11 perfect cuts), 65x orange gems (got 9 perfect cuts) and 55x purple gems (got 8 perfect cuts).

Total cost of those 240x uncommong gems off the AH? 800 gold. Expected revenue from those 28x rare quality gems? Around 4k if they sell for today's prices over the next week or so.

I am only doing Intellect cuts on the red based gems (Brilliant, Purified, Reckless) and when I do it on the even cheaper blue based gems, I will only be doing tank cuts (Solid, Pursient, Fractured).

The rare gems are too valuable right now to be cut; they are better off being used for cut research. The perfect cuts could be a very long term seller in this xpac and with Ghost Iron being the "only" ore that is being prospected right now, expect raw uncommong gems to stay pretty low.

IS
Ironshaft
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:00 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Passionario » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:29 am

Sabindeus wrote:Oh I should be selling cooking mats shouldn't I...

Yes. Buy underpriced cooking mats, convert them to tokens, exchange them for expensive ones, sell those.

Vegetable Stir-Fry is the new ore shuffle.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
User avatar
Passionario
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Nooska » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:08 am

The good leg armors are going for 2.5k when I list them at that (based off BS charging 2k per SoH, and the hide being worth some as well).

The hides have bottomed out sadly, never did get around to selling any of mine (I keep too fast a hold on my stuff), but I did manage to get 2 leg armors moved.
The second best leg armors I don't bother with, the leather used is too easy to come by, so the prices will fluctuate wildly - and I don't really find anything else I can earn a lot on as LW/Skinner.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby superworm » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Ironshaft wrote:I don't know what the proper percentages are, but I went ahead and cut 120x red gems (got 11 perfect cuts), 65x orange gems (got 9 perfect cuts) and 55x purple gems (got 8 perfect cuts).

Total cost of those 240x uncommong gems off the AH? 800 gold. Expected revenue from those 28x rare quality gems? Around 4k if they sell for today's prices over the next week or so.

I am only doing Intellect cuts on the red based gems (Brilliant, Purified, Reckless) and when I do it on the even cheaper blue based gems, I will only be doing tank cuts (Solid, Pursient, Fractured).

The rare gems are too valuable right now to be cut; they are better off being used for cut research. The perfect cuts could be a very long term seller in this xpac and with Ghost Iron being the "only" ore that is being prospected right now, expect raw uncommong gems to stay pretty low.

IS


The thing is that, the majority of people on my server are either too lazy or too ignorant to even realize that there are perfect cuts which have equivalent status as the rare gems. Usually the perfect cuts are being listed at 1/3 of the price of equivalent rare gems.
User avatar
superworm
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:34 pm

My server is just the opposite with perfects costing more than the rares. I don't really know how that works out, but w/e I guess.

I am thoroughly enjoying the sale of the 84-85 blues with 400+ ilvl. Had a set of mail legs up for 7500 on the AH. Someone sent me an in game mail asking to buy them for 4k. I said what the heck, a guaranteed 4k is better than a non-guaranteed 7500. Especially since it was just a random drop while doing dailies.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby superworm » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:35 am

Skye1013 wrote:My server is just the opposite with perfects costing more than the rares. I don't really know how that works out, but w/e I guess.

I am thoroughly enjoying the sale of the 84-85 blues with 400+ ilvl. Had a set of mail legs up for 7500 on the AH. Someone sent me an in game mail asking to buy them for 4k. I said what the heck, a guaranteed 4k is better than a non-guaranteed 7500. Especially since it was just a random drop while doing dailies.


Lucky you! I actually have a lot of those blue boes, and they are being sold nowhere near what you mentioned. Guess that's because I'm not really a goblin. Hell I even have a bunch of blue boes for lv 80 with 400+ ilv, and I have been posting them for less than 1k on the AH. I think the highest price I once posted is 1.2k for a lv 80 blue trinket with +512 intellect and on-use restore mana with an ilv 400+.
User avatar
superworm
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:50 am

Skye1013 wrote:I am thoroughly enjoying the sale of the 84-85 blues with 400+ ilvl.


Druid in my guild found a level 80 blue weapon with the item level of a normal mode Deathwing weapon. Still blows my mind.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:52 am

Starting to get some gold flowing by going back to the basics, ore, fish, and a few key craftables. Spent a few very frustrating hours trying to get TSM setup, and gave up after a while when I saw that it really wasn't worth it unless I was going to hit glyphs heavy, which I'm not.

Gems are still really slow, there are too many JCers and not enough sockets, and transmutes are slow as well. But, things are starting to move a bit.

Took a bit of a bath on Darkmoon cards as well, after some bad luck crafting, and needing to purchase cards to complete the decks, and THEN finding out that the healing trinket isn't considered BiS for any of the healing classes. Gaah...

No BAMs here sadly..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby sahiel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Flex wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:I am thoroughly enjoying the sale of the 84-85 blues with 400+ ilvl.


Druid in my guild found a level 80 blue weapon with the item level of a normal mode Deathwing weapon. Still blows my mind.

There's also something like half a dozen level 85 BoA blue weapons scattered around Pandaria, literally, laying in the grass that you can click on to pick up if one has spawned and you get the account bound weapon in your bag. I was lucky enough to find this http://www.wowhead.com/item=86198 within 10 mins or so of starting after MoP was released, made leveling a lot easier :)

There's a whole list here, as well as the 200k exp 'items', great for alts. http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7281
Image
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
User avatar
sahiel
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:31 am
Location: St Louis, MO

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:22 pm

superworm wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:My server is just the opposite with perfects costing more than the rares. I don't really know how that works out, but w/e I guess.

I am thoroughly enjoying the sale of the 84-85 blues with 400+ ilvl. Had a set of mail legs up for 7500 on the AH. Someone sent me an in game mail asking to buy them for 4k. I said what the heck, a guaranteed 4k is better than a non-guaranteed 7500. Especially since it was just a random drop while doing dailies.


Lucky you! I actually have a lot of those blue boes, and they are being sold nowhere near what you mentioned. Guess that's because I'm not really a goblin. Hell I even have a bunch of blue boes for lv 80 with 400+ ilv, and I have been posting them for less than 1k on the AH. I think the highest price I once posted is 1.2k for a lv 80 blue trinket with +512 intellect and on-use restore mana with an ilv 400+.

I'll be honest, I probably lucked out on getting 4k for it, but that's what the guy wanted to spend. Oh, and he could have had it for free, because my postal add-on caused me to accidentally send it to him without attaching the C.O.D (alt + click.) Guess that makes me doubly lucky, because I sent him mail asking for the agreed upon gold, and he mailed it back. I do appreciate that there are some honest people in the world.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:21 am

So Mimron's Head shows up on the BMAH.

And.. I had too much invested in DMCs to bid up to win it. Farthest I could go was 415k, but it went up to at least 475k, and might have gone higher with last second bids.

A few notes.. BMAH items are NOT all starting at 48 hours, some seem to be 24, or less. The best strat seems to be watching when the item flips from medium to short, and planning your bids for 27 or 28 min later.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:10 am

I've never seen a BMAH item last more than 24 hours. They appear one evening, and end the following evening, every time. (The number varies, and the start time, and some days there have been none.)

I've also never seen one on our server go for 150k+. Not even the Al'Akir drake mount.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4840
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:39 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I've also never seen one on our server go for 150k+. Not even the Al'Akir drake mount.


Well, on my server...

Alysrazor mount 137k (my win, poor choice, I was expected to get outbid)
White polar bear 20k (my win)
Anzu mount 137kish
Mimron's head, 475k+

Unless there's gear under 40k, I'm probably waiting for Mimron's head to show up again. Nothing else really has my interest, too many mounts available now.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby lythac » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:25 pm

Onyxia Mount went for 321k on my realm.

There isn't a way of tracking what is on your realms BMAH right?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
User avatar
lythac
Moderator
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:08 pm

halabar wrote:The best strat seems to be watching when the item flips from medium to short, and planning your bids for 27 or 28 min later.

Does the BMAH work like the normal AH to where if there is an increase in bidding, it'll actually extend the timer?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Teranoid » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:27 pm

On Stormreaver we have Invincible already at close to a million gold bid.

Hooooollly shit.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Jeremoot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 am

Mimiron's Head is neat, but I'm sticking to traveler's Yak / Sandstone Drake. Nothing else tops them in cool factor for me.
User avatar
Jeremoot
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Nooska » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:40 am

I'm sitting on loads and loads of leather and don't see anything to spend them on that will make me a real profit (selling it for 20g per stack is wasteful imo).

Any ideas/tipson what to earn gold on as a LW?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Fetzie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:42 am

Leg armour patches.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:44 am

Skye1013 wrote:
halabar wrote:The best strat seems to be watching when the item flips from medium to short, and planning your bids for 27 or 28 min later.

Does the BMAH work like the normal AH to where if there is an increase in bidding, it'll actually extend the timer?


Not that I'm aware of.

Regarding the auction length, it does appear that they are keeping it shorter, on beta it did go to 48 hours.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:46 am

Jeremoot wrote:Mimiron's Head is neat, but I'm sticking to traveler's Yak / Sandstone Drake. Nothing else tops them in cool factor for me.


Apart from Mimron's head, I'm sticking with TLPD on my hunter, and the new Quillen on the spriest. But I might buy a few others if they are cheap.

I do think that Panda is going to devalue mounts. With over 12 from the panderian faction alone, there are going to be SO many available I can't see people focusing on one individual mount much anymore.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:47 am

Pyrea wrote:Leg armour patches.



^^
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Nooska » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:08 am

halabar wrote:
Pyrea wrote:Leg armour patches.



^^

Aside from that (the hold up on those are the SoH, unless you mean the lesser patches) - making the leg armor patches as spirits allow (while keeping some in reserve - haven't been able to use my farm for it yet, had to get master of the ways for the feast and now I am getting myself farmed well in advance first)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Cogglamp » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 am

You'd be surprised at how well the rare leg armor and the rare shoulder inscriptions sell.

Side note: I killed The Yowler and he dropped 20 Great Pandaren Banquets, 20 Pandaren Banquets, and some banana rum. Now, the bag is only a 9-10% drop that contains it but man, that was a nice little treat.
Cogglamp
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:04 am

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby djlar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:16 am

Yeah the rare quality leg enchants sell for 2K right now, all it takes is a pristine and a SoH, if you have some SoH's you can make nice profit.

The i476 craftable prices have dropped a lot, they are at 10K gloves, and 14K chest..
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest