New prot pally looking for advice

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

New prot pally looking for advice

Postby Uronaldo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:48 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ldo/simple

This is my character so far im following guides from here, mmo-champion, and EJ.

Im MT in some fights and OT in others and what I see so far is my dps being really low compared to other tanks and even the other tank from my guild

My gear so far should I change any gem enchant reforge?

Any advice you guys could give me would be really appreciated

Thank you
Uronaldo

Re: New prot pally looking for advice

Postby econ21 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Uronaldo wrote:Im MT in some fights and OT in others and what I see so far is my dps being really low compared to other tanks and even the other tank from my guild

My gear so far should I change any gem enchant reforge?

What could you change in terms of gear enhancement to increase your dps? You're already hit capped and your expertise is close to being soft capped. I don't see you have much scope to significantly change your threat stats - they are close to maxxed out.

Dps seems largely a function of vengeance. If the boss hits the other tank more than he hits you, your dps will be lower than the punchbag's - ceteris paribus.

Otherwise, just check your rotation. Something like world of logs is very useful, although it takes a lot of effort to get to grips with.
econ21

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice