Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:59 am

The whole problem with the living steel transmute is that there are too many people that work for free, at least on my server. I've routinely seen in trade "selling living steel transmute, 100G" or less, much like it was with truegold. Now some of these folk are saving the extra bars from a proc, but others are just kind free spirits that don't want to profit off their fellow gnome.

And unlike Cata, there's not another transmute that takes shares the cooldown and takes a bit more work to do, which was quite profitable.

Given that cauldrons are gone, I might respec from Transmute on at least one of my alchemists.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby jere » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:04 am

Our transmutes still go for about 250-300g for transmute spec alchemist, but living steel itself dropped from 2k down to 800g in the last couple of days. Granted, I am making more money now selling belt buckles for 1k than I was when I was selling them for 2200g. That high price tag really scared quite a few people away.

I can also save a little bit more using the Ghost Iron to Trillium transmute (especially since there is no cooldown) rather than buying the trillium outright for the Living Steel transmute.
jere

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah for me (and I imagine many) paying more than 1K for a belt buckle thats going on a i450/456 blue is just a waste.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:41 pm

I don't plan to have a belt buckle until I have at least a 463 in the slot.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby superworm » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:45 pm

How are leg armors selling on your servers? On my server it's listed as an outrageous 4k or above. The thing is that I have spent all the SoH collected on BS recipes like belt buckles and pvp gear and temporarily can't make a profit out of the high price.
superworm

Postby Ironshaft » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:03 am

I don't know what the proper percentages are, but I went ahead and cut 120x red gems (got 11 perfect cuts), 65x orange gems (got 9 perfect cuts) and 55x purple gems (got 8 perfect cuts).

Total cost of those 240x uncommong gems off the AH? 800 gold. Expected revenue from those 28x rare quality gems? Around 4k if they sell for today's prices over the next week or so.

I am only doing Intellect cuts on the red based gems (Brilliant, Purified, Reckless) and when I do it on the even cheaper blue based gems, I will only be doing tank cuts (Solid, Pursient, Fractured).

The rare gems are too valuable right now to be cut; they are better off being used for cut research. The perfect cuts could be a very long term seller in this xpac and with Ghost Iron being the "only" ore that is being prospected right now, expect raw uncommong gems to stay pretty low.

IS
Ironshaft

Postby Passionario » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:29 am

Sabindeus wrote:Oh I should be selling cooking mats shouldn't I...

Yes. Buy underpriced cooking mats, convert them to tokens, exchange them for expensive ones, sell those.

Vegetable Stir-Fry is the new ore shuffle.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Nooska » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:08 am

The good leg armors are going for 2.5k when I list them at that (based off BS charging 2k per SoH, and the hide being worth some as well).

The hides have bottomed out sadly, never did get around to selling any of mine (I keep too fast a hold on my stuff), but I did manage to get 2 leg armors moved.
The second best leg armors I don't bother with, the leather used is too easy to come by, so the prices will fluctuate wildly - and I don't really find anything else I can earn a lot on as LW/Skinner.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby superworm » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Ironshaft wrote:I don't know what the proper percentages are, but I went ahead and cut 120x red gems (got 11 perfect cuts), 65x orange gems (got 9 perfect cuts) and 55x purple gems (got 8 perfect cuts).

Total cost of those 240x uncommong gems off the AH? 800 gold. Expected revenue from those 28x rare quality gems? Around 4k if they sell for today's prices over the next week or so.

I am only doing Intellect cuts on the red based gems (Brilliant, Purified, Reckless) and when I do it on the even cheaper blue based gems, I will only be doing tank cuts (Solid, Pursient, Fractured).

The rare gems are too valuable right now to be cut; they are better off being used for cut research. The perfect cuts could be a very long term seller in this xpac and with Ghost Iron being the "only" ore that is being prospected right now, expect raw uncommong gems to stay pretty low.

IS

The thing is that, the majority of people on my server are either too lazy or too ignorant to even realize that there are perfect cuts which have equivalent status as the rare gems. Usually the perfect cuts are being listed at 1/3 of the price of equivalent rare gems.
superworm

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:34 pm

My server is just the opposite with perfects costing more than the rares. I don't really know how that works out, but w/e I guess.

I am thoroughly enjoying the sale of the 84-85 blues with 400+ ilvl. Had a set of mail legs up for 7500 on the AH. Someone sent me an in game mail asking to buy them for 4k. I said what the heck, a guaranteed 4k is better than a non-guaranteed 7500. Especially since it was just a random drop while doing dailies.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby superworm » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:35 am

Skye1013 wrote:My server is just the opposite with perfects costing more than the rares. I don't really know how that works out, but w/e I guess.

I am thoroughly enjoying the sale of the 84-85 blues with 400+ ilvl. Had a set of mail legs up for 7500 on the AH. Someone sent me an in game mail asking to buy them for 4k. I said what the heck, a guaranteed 4k is better than a non-guaranteed 7500. Especially since it was just a random drop while doing dailies.

Lucky you! I actually have a lot of those blue boes, and they are being sold nowhere near what you mentioned. Guess that's because I'm not really a goblin. Hell I even have a bunch of blue boes for lv 80 with 400+ ilv, and I have been posting them for less than 1k on the AH. I think the highest price I once posted is 1.2k for a lv 80 blue trinket with +512 intellect and on-use restore mana with an ilv 400+.
superworm

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:50 am

Skye1013 wrote:I am thoroughly enjoying the sale of the 84-85 blues with 400+ ilvl.

Druid in my guild found a level 80 blue weapon with the item level of a normal mode Deathwing weapon. Still blows my mind.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:52 am

Starting to get some gold flowing by going back to the basics, ore, fish, and a few key craftables. Spent a few very frustrating hours trying to get TSM setup, and gave up after a while when I saw that it really wasn't worth it unless I was going to hit glyphs heavy, which I'm not.

Gems are still really slow, there are too many JCers and not enough sockets, and transmutes are slow as well. But, things are starting to move a bit.

Took a bit of a bath on Darkmoon cards as well, after some bad luck crafting, and needing to purchase cards to complete the decks, and THEN finding out that the healing trinket isn't considered BiS for any of the healing classes. Gaah...

No BAMs here sadly..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby sahiel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Flex wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:I am thoroughly enjoying the sale of the 84-85 blues with 400+ ilvl.

Druid in my guild found a level 80 blue weapon with the item level of a normal mode Deathwing weapon. Still blows my mind.

There's also something like half a dozen level 85 BoA blue weapons scattered around Pandaria, literally, laying in the grass that you can click on to pick up if one has spawned and you get the account bound weapon in your bag. I was lucky enough to find this http://www.wowhead.com/item=86198 within 10 mins or so of starting after MoP was released, made leveling a lot easier :)

There's a whole list here, as well as the 200k exp 'items', great for alts. http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7281
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:22 pm

superworm wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:My server is just the opposite with perfects costing more than the rares. I don't really know how that works out, but w/e I guess.

Lucky you! I actually have a lot of those blue boes, and they are being sold nowhere near what you mentioned. Guess that's because I'm not really a goblin. Hell I even have a bunch of blue boes for lv 80 with 400+ ilv, and I have been posting them for less than 1k on the AH. I think the highest price I once posted is 1.2k for a lv 80 blue trinket with +512 intellect and on-use restore mana with an ilv 400+.

I'll be honest, I probably lucked out on getting 4k for it, but that's what the guy wanted to spend. Oh, and he could have had it for free, because my postal add-on caused me to accidentally send it to him without attaching the C.O.D (alt + click.) Guess that makes me doubly lucky, because I sent him mail asking for the agreed upon gold, and he mailed it back. I do appreciate that there are some honest people in the world.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General