Remove Advertisements

Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:25 am

Shouldn't be Horde players hanging around Paw'don, it's an alliance quest area...
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6827
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby benebarba » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:26 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Shouldn't be Horde players hanging around Paw'don, it's an alliance quest area...


hmm - I may have to pay more attention when I'm there. I wonder if I was fooled by mounts.

edit: actually, now that I think about it - it may have been a town after Paw'don. Maybe Dawn's Blossom? I just recall suddenly looking around and seeing what I swore was a troll druid wander by, without much todo, not long after I'd been slaughtering horde.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:47 am

Dawn's Blossom is a neutral hub, which is odd as the Horde kidnapped Pandaran children, you'd think the entire race would shun them.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:53 am

Funny, in the Horde version, the ALLIANCE enslaves Pandaren (even children) under a flimsy pretense to build their fortress.

I'm curious of levelling my Ally toon, to see that...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3423
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:05 pm

Sagara wrote:Funny, in the Horde version, the ALLIANCE enslaves Pandaren (even children) under a flimsy pretense to build their fortress.

I'm curious of levelling my Ally toon, to see that...

the ally side shows nothing but horde being evil and holding the kiddies captive and them befriending the jin-yu
the horde side shows the ally enslaving pandas to build a fortress, and you making the hozen afraid of you, and turning them into allies
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7351
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:07 pm

bldavis wrote:the ally side shows nothing but horde being evil and holding the kiddies captive and them befriending the jin-yu
the horde side shows the ally enslaving pandas to build a fortress, and you making the hozen afraid of you, and turning them into allies


The wowhead comments on the horde quest cast doubt that they were forcefully being held captive, no restraints being the big one.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:16 pm

Flex wrote:
bldavis wrote:the ally side shows nothing but horde being evil and holding the kiddies captive and them befriending the jin-yu
the horde side shows the ally enslaving pandas to build a fortress, and you making the hozen afraid of you, and turning them into allies


The wowhead comments on the horde quest cast doubt that they were forcefully being held captive, no restraints being the big one.

all they say when you release them is i am so thirsty, or i want to go home
so it is debatable
the ally side, there is no question they kids are being held under fel magic
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7351
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:21 pm

I'll check that out. Well, nothing I'd put beyond *those guys* >_<
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3423
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby benebarba » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:33 pm

bldavis wrote:the ally side, there is no question they kids are being held under fel magic


Nah, the crazy floating eyes and fel-casters were just really shiny babysitters :P

And woah - we (the alliance) were building a fortress? Here I thought we just got our butts marooned by the Sky Admiral until we found and convinced the prince to go back home. The Jin'Yu I just found to be a 'hey, there be horde here, let's convince the natives to kill'em. Oh, and let's totally disregard the ominous warning delivered after one of our best SI-7 operatives got taken over by some wierd PO'd smoke creature that may have been made of pure evil.'.

Maybe it's me, but I think the fact that the Jade Dragon didn't just eat us after that whole battle thing showed she's probably a better person than my character can ever hope to be :P
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:51 pm

They kinda justified the Horde-being-evil stuff by having their leader turn out to be totally corrupted by Sha. Guessing something similar will have happened with the Alliance leader.

(The Horde-is-evil stuff is kinda strange coming immediately after Sky Admiral Rogers does her big dick move on the unarmed, surrendering orc sailors.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6827
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:24 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:They kinda justified the Horde-being-evil stuff by having their leader turn out to be totally corrupted by Sha. Guessing something similar will have happened with the Alliance leader.

(The Horde-is-evil stuff is kinda strange coming immediately after Sky Admiral Rogers does her big dick move on the unarmed, surrendering orc sailors.)

oh it does, just earlier in the chain horde side

ally we get sent to take out the ships, land and take out war materials, see the SI:7 agent infested with sha, sent to the town, and then are sent to the horde camp to take out their leader

horde - sent in to take out the war materials, take out the leaders, see the sha infestation, and then sent to town
which fits with garrosh (and the orcs) being kill first and search the bodies where as the alliance is we will fight if needed to secure our place

yes, that way of thinking can lead to horrible acts (barrens?) but for the most part, the allaince dont want to wipe out the alliance


it is really just the 2 main leaders that are out for each other
horde - sylvanis and vol'jin want to kill garrosh, blaine already said fuck you to the horde and helped allaince, Lor'themar is trying to keep favor and not piss off sylvanis, so really it is just the goblins (who are in it for the profit) that are truly loyal to garrosh and might push war (war = profits)

alliance side - dwarves still havent solved who should be the sole leader of ironforge, gnomes are still dealing with gnomer and taking back the city, nelfs seem to be involved in 5.1 but also are still heavily involved with the firelands and healing of hyjal, draenei...are trying to find thier place in teh alliance and the world? which leave worgen, who want to take on the foresaken and not much else, and the humans...who just lost theramore and are itching for pay back

so really each side only has 2 of the 6 factions (not counting pandas) that might want to push for war
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7351
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby benebarba » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:03 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:They kinda justified the Horde-being-evil stuff by having their leader turn out to be totally corrupted by Sha. Guessing something similar will have happened with the Alliance leader.

(The Horde-is-evil stuff is kinda strange coming immediately after Sky Admiral Rogers does her big dick move on the unarmed, surrendering orc sailors.)


Ah, that does ring a bell - I think because the horde bosses got taken down so fast I missed the transformation.

I have to say though, I thought that Sky Admiral Rogers act was 1) in character and 2) a potential lead-in to her being corrupted during that battle just as Rell was... but since she appears to live through the zone I'm not sure what to make of that.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:44 pm

benebarba wrote:I have to say though, I thought that Sky Admiral Rogers act was 1) in character and 2) a potential lead-in to her being corrupted during that battle just as Rell was... but since she appears to live through the zone I'm not sure what to make of that.


She might get taken over by the Sha later on? I wouldn't be surprised.

Did you guys talk to her before setting out? I feel like her anger towards the Horde is entirely justified. Remember that at this point in the storyline not only did the Orcs drive humans out of Stormwind in the Second War, but then the Undead massacred Lordaeron in the Third War, and now the Forsaken destroyed Southshore with the plague, killing all its inhabitants, including Sky Admiral Rogers' family.

So yeah I'd say her unwillingness to accept surrenders from unarmed Horde soldiers makes sense in character.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Further, Sha victims are apparently fairly easy to spot.
Yeah, I think it was all her. Not blaming her, though.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3423
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby benebarba » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:08 am

Sabindeus wrote:Did you guys talk to her before setting out? I feel like her anger towards the Horde is entirely justified. Remember that at this point in the storyline not only did the Orcs drive humans out of Stormwind in the Second War, but then the Undead massacred Lordaeron in the Third War, and now the Forsaken destroyed Southshore with the plague, killing all its inhabitants, including Sky Admiral Rogers' family.

So yeah I'd say her unwillingness to accept surrenders from unarmed Horde soldiers makes sense in character.


100% agreed - I did talk to her, and so when it happened and her entire bearing was not a surprise. I actually liked it: it gave us (Alliance players) an undeniable hardass war commander ("Put your big boy pants on, Taylor.")... something after Cataclysm (and Theramore/Southshore) was needed. And the fact that she made the call she did was awesome: it completely made sense in context of her character, though I'm not so sure about Rell's response... He is a night elf assasin (*cough*Ashenvale & Stonetalon *cough*), right? I guess perhaps he's got some sort of serious forgiving streak ala Malfurion?
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest
?php } else { ?