Remove Advertisements

Gnome Tanks

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Gnome Tanks

Postby maw1965 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Are gnomes good prot tanks and what are the all out best tanking proffesions and races for horde and alliance
maw1965

Re: Gnome Tanks

Postby Amirya » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Gnomes are terrible tanks, they're too short to keep from getting kicked around by the bigger bosses. Should have seen gnome tanks in t9, Icehowl always splattered them on the arena walls. It was bad.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Amirya wrote:Should have seen gnome tanks in t9, Icehowl always splattered them on the arena walls. It was beautiful.

FTFY. Nothing brings the laughter in slaughter like a dead gnome.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Paxen » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:45 pm

A well-played Gnome tank can be pretty awesome, however. It's hard to keep threat when the boss doesn't notice you, but if you do manage it he'll miss a lot of attacks. It's not easy hitting something that's the size of your big toe.
Paxen

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:36 am

speaking of which, most larger races are stuck slashing at the boss's crotch or in teh case of dwarfs knees
but as a gnome you are great for stabbing that big toe!

as for alliance, i would say gnomes def, but horde...the best gnome tank has GOT to be tauren, with skinning and herbing as proffs

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fetzie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:15 am

Gnomes cannot be paladins, therefore they are not the best for tanking.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Paxen » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:21 am

For professions, isn't Blacksmithing a bit OP for any tank at the moment? Since they get two extra gem slots they get double the value of if they go for secondary stats. If you'd be gemming straight stam or str (or agi) it makes no difference, but if you want to gem mastery or haste (or expertise) Blacksmithing looks like a sweet deal.

Of course, gnomes have a hard time reaching up to use other races' anvils, so they have to go to Ironforge and the Tinker's quarter to get anything done.
Paxen

Postby lythac » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:37 am

Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby benebarba » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:17 am

I dunno, Gnomes are second only to Dwarves in the epic beard department. That's gotta count for something.

----
gnomes can't be pallies or druids, and AFAIK their racials only make em meh for tanks compared to other races. Humans get a more flexible expertise bonus and a better on-use, Draenei get a hit bonus and a HOT that is actually somewhat useful now, etc.

professionwise: blacksmithing and JC are probably the best, and possibly most flexible, at the moment. That may change in future tiers. Engineering has had a strong start, but you can't stack cogwheels like you can the JC gems (cogwheels are unique-equipped, the gems I think you can have up to 3 and it doesn't matter what kind they are) and eventually the 3 cogwheel slots from the trinket will be lost to an upgrade even if you keep the goggles and tinkers.
benebarba

Postby Paxen » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:33 am

If you want engineering Gnomes will save you a lot of gold (at least 15 skill points from every recipe, no matter how cheap).
Paxen

Postby Teranoid » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:55 am

Oh hey another thread from the "I can't use Google" guy.
Teranoid

Postby Koatanga » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:07 pm

We maintain a policy of making a gnome sacrifice for most fights. Sacrificing a gnome insures better loot for us all, as well as much luck with the RNG elements of the fight.

Given that policy, gnome tanks are bad, mkay?
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Gnome mages and warlocks make for excellent sacrifices though.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Gnome mages and warlocks make for excellent sacrifices though.

I just pop my Gnomeregan Pride for the first pull, saves on gnome wear and tear.
benebarba

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:08 pm

You're sacrificing false gnomes?!?!?!!?!?

/cowers in a corner
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General