Patch 5.1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.1

Postby PsiVen » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:25 am

Prot will thrive at killing NPCs in a PvP zone, tbh.

I miss the days when Blizzard at least pretended that Prot PvP was supposed to be theoretically viable. When feedback in the Cataclysm Beta led to Ret-specific changes that both specs needed, I knew they had no intentions of trying anymore.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Invisusira » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:29 am

Good, PvP is one of the few intellectually challenging things left in WoW, even in its kinda half-assed back-burner state. Interaction with other people outside of the "LFM for raid" level has gotten so optional in this game (which is absolutely ridiculous considering it's an mmo), it'll be nice to see Blizzard actually requiring it for something.
Invisusira

Postby Nordix » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Invisusira wrote:Good, PvP is one of the few intellectually challenging things left in WoW, even in its kinda half-assed back-burner state. Interaction with other people outside of the "LFM for raid" level has gotten so optional in this game (which is absolutely ridiculous considering it's an mmo), it'll be nice to see Blizzard actually requiring it for something.

Indeed,pressing chaos bolt to win is REALLY an uplifting experience for the mind,cure for the boring dullness of constant raidin!
I really feel like a highlevel tactician when I pull this challenging move!
Tho sometimes I face worthy opponents with similar very advanced tactics such as "Cast Frostbomb+Wait" and "Cast Stampede"
Nordix

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:04 pm

I think PvP in this game has never been fun. It alternates between "use PvE gear to oneshot people" to "don't bother stepping foot outside town if you aren't full last-tier-PvP geared or you get oneshotted by a critter"
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenris » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Pvp in vanilla was crazy in every possible way (unbalanced doesn't even start describing it)

It's also the last time i had fun doing it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Did you say windfury with 3 attacks per proc proccing off itself? :lol:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mozen » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:30 pm

I would prefer they bring back PVE interactions. They let technology (LFD, LFR, easy five-mans) drive out all hopes of interaction in PVE outside of guild and regular raids. They should be ashamed of this!

And I feel PVP is more about reflexes and practice, nothing to do with intellect. I say this because, you see, I suck at PVP. :lol:
Mozen

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:52 am

You mean having a dozen people hanging around fighting to tag goats as they spawn isn't interaction? :P
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby degre » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:10 am

Invisusira wrote:Good, PvP is one of the few intellectually challenging things left in WoW, even in its kinda half-assed back-burner state. Interaction with other people outside of the "LFM for raid" level has gotten so optional in this game (which is absolutely ridiculous considering it's an mmo), it'll be nice to see Blizzard actually requiring it for something.

To me, standing in Orgrimmar spamming /2 for hours to get a group going wasn't much fun, while clicking on the LFR button and chatting with my guildies while I do some pet battles is way more fun.

To be fair, once my alts are up to speed I still do the /2 spamming for alt runs and people are happy to join, made some nice friends on my server in the process, so I would say that, if you want, the interactions is still there. I still have DS runs going on these days and people are happy to join to see the place.

The game offers you the option to interact, yours to take it.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Bellanka » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:36 am

Fenris wrote:Pvp in vanilla was crazy in every possible way (unbalanced doesn't even start describing it)

It's also the last time i had fun doing it.

Reminds me of a joke I read on the official forums back in Vanilla.

A legion of Alliance soldiers was making their way through Ashenvale when a Shaman appeared, taunted them, and ran behind a building.

The commander was furious and sent off two men after the Shaman. After five minutes had passed none of the men returned. He sent another five men after the Shaman to find out what happened. Another 5 minutes pass and no one has come back. Absolutely infuriated, he sent FIFTEEN men off after the Shaman. Ten minutes later one of them crawled out from the back of the building, bloodied and broken and said, "Sir, it's a trap. There's two of them."

That's about how OP Shaman were in Vanilla PVP.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:53 am

Count me as one of the people who did not want PvP in my PvE. Probably, because I'm not good at it, and because it was definitely not part of the game that I enjoyed. Even my 19's ended up being pretty boring. In the end, that was probably my lack of being in a 19 pvp guild once the changes went in, and made 19's more balanced.
Shoju

Postby jere » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:13 am

I haven't been able to read the links from here, but is there any indication that the first option will actually be PvP flagged horde versus just enemy "horde" mobs that don't actually flag you? The horde at the beginning of Jade Forest, for example, don't flag you.
jere

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:03 am

I would be very surprised if they force you to PvP for a PvE quest. My money is on faction killable mobs that don't flag you.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:45 am

Blizz say they're trying to make it Horde vs Alliance without making it PvP. It's really just the Wrathion quest that asks for PvP - which might be optional, we'll have to wait and see.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Next

Return to General