Pet Battles

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Pet Battles

Postby Invisusira » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:35 pm

"man it's close but he just keeps killing myOH all of his pets are two levels higher than mine ok sure that's fair."
Invisusira

Postby Passionario » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:37 am

Fenris wrote:/sarcasm
Keep a high level pet and 2 lower ones,enjoy winning because you get placed against someone with a similar average "team-level" but your higher leveled pet just dodges/outlast everything on the opposing team (or,when he goes down,he has left the other team almost dead)

Mini-Tyrael and Peddlefeet really shine against such setups.

"Oh, you've got two level 1 benchwarmers? Lemme cleave/volley them all down for you."
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:57 am

I've been trying to use Creepy Crate's Death Grip for that kind of situation, but with mixed results. (Part of the problem being they'll often just swap back the next round.)
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Invisusira » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:11 am

tbh, all you're really doing there (usually) is denying them the xp; it's not like they're actually going to be using them to fight.
Invisusira

Postby Lieris » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:46 am

I tried it for what must have been at least an hour. I had at least 150 pets already so it's really difficult to get excited about catching critters with models made 8 years ago and terrible stats when I have a bunch of unique looking pets like Deathy, Thor, Wind Rider Cub etc.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:42 am

The stats thing is iffy. A bunch of wild rares will have better stats than existing rares.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:48 am

The fact that there are hundreds of pets now that're just ordinary small animals does feel kinda crappy to me. Pets used to almost all feel a little special, now they're mostly rodents and frogs.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:18 am

KysenMurrin wrote:The fact that there are hundreds of pets now that're just ordinary small animals does feel kinda crappy to me. Pets used to almost all feel a little special, now they're mostly rodents and frogs.

Well that's why they have fun ones like:
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=61758
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62555
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62317
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=61375

Nearly every zone has a rare/low spawn rate pet to get. Some may be a variant of a common type, like the Moccasin in Swamp of Sorrows, or a unique skin of a common one, Twilight Iguana in Thousand Needles, but there's quite a few unique models. But yea, 15 roach types, rabbits, and snakes get tiring, when you're going for Safari achievements. Stopped trying to catch specific qualities of those a while back.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fenris » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Just found another funny guy in the queue with a lvl 9 world destryer and 2 random pets at level 5

Just one problem,for him...

I started with my lvl 7 scorchling

Immolate+Conflagrate and his world destroyer was down in 3 turns (mechanical resurrection included)

:lol:

Then i stomped the rest of his team like nothing
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Lieris » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Flex wrote:But yea, 15 roach types, rabbits, and snakes get tiring, when you're going for Safari achievements. Stopped trying to catch specific qualities of those a while back.

When the 5.0 patch came out a friend and I have a good laugh scrolling down the pokedex, seeing all the copies of existing pets. The catchable pets should all be new. Just another example of Blizzard half-arsing something and massively padding it out to mask how wafer thin it is. IMO if you're going to introduce a new mechanic to the game then do it properly, otherwise don't bother and just stick to what your game does well. I don't think anyone who was responsible for this has ever played a Pokemon game from start to finish because this so badly misses the point.

Starting out with 150 pets and having to grind rabbits, squirrels, snakes, frogs, spiders, chickens etc. over and over on several different pets (none of which I caught)... smh.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:05 pm

rare baby ape on my first catch aww yeeee
Invisusira

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Pet battling is very addictive. I really don't care for fighting wild pet battles, though, prefer pvp - but wild battles seems to be he only reliable way to level your pets. :( I'm losing a lot in PvP lately.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:37 pm

fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Jabari » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:40 am

Flex wrote:The stats thing is iffy. A bunch of wild rares will have better stats than existing rares.

Interesting. Have a source for that?

Also, does anyone know if there are any other attacks similar to the Clockwork Gnome's [Turret]? (Placeable object that fires multiple times over multiple rounds) Thinking that [Turret] + [Wild Magic] could be really amusing - don't have a Wild Magic pet high enough yet to really try yet, just an idea at this point...

Last question: Addons. I have BattlePetCount (shows if/what quality I currently have), and BattlePetQualityGlow (shows what rarity the pets I'm fighting are). Any other good ones people have found?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:49 am

There are really quite a lot of effects that you set up and they just damage the active pet every turn like that, though not many as a visible object like the turret. The ones that come to mind include the squirrel one that rains nuts on you every turn, and some of the weather-based ones.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General