Question about Vengeance

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Question about Vengeance

Postby Taikaesine » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask (could go into theorycrafting) I have been searching for the mechanics of how Vengeance works and haven't been able to find it anywhere. Does it stack on each hit and refresh or does it re-calculate? (not sure if that makes sense)

Basically, I noticed that I had about 5 mobs attacking me for about 40 seconds, during that time i noticed Vengeance go up and back down again without an avoidance streak and without any of the mods dying. Does that mean that each individual hit only lasts for 20 seconds or am I missing something?

Does anyone know the specific mechanics?

Sorry for the multiple questions, I'm a forum noobie in terms of posting :)
Taikaesine

Re: Question about Vengeance

Postby daishan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:02 am

It's a rolling average of the damage you've taken over the last 20 sec.
The last hotfix made it so avoided attacks give you the same vengeance as one of the mobs standard melee attacks.
All vengeance should be calculated before any of our armour damage reductions and before weakened blows debuff. So you should get the same amount of vengeance from a specific boss regardless of your gear and buffs/debuffs.
One last thing vengeance no longer counts over kill dmg, so no more using AD on one shot mechanics for silly high AP :(
Daishan
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Re: Question about Vengeance

Postby Taikaesine » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:32 pm

Thanks for that Daishan, I couldn't find any of that anywhere.
Taikaesine

Return to Basic Training & Talents