Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Cogglamp » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:29 am

Going on two weeks into the expansion and still haven't set foot back into Stormwind. I'm sure that wouldn't be the case if it weren't for mobile AH but man, still loving it. \

I have my hearth set at the Lazy Turnip. It's not only central to most of Pandaria but I enjoy my yeomen compatriots.
Cogglamp

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:32 am

degre wrote:Full list of stuff that can be traded for a SoH for the link impaired:
1 Ironpaw Token

This is relevant to my interests...

Will have to check Golden Lotus prices on my server, might be cost effective to grab those and then buy stacks of meat/veggies for the turn-ins. Though I've been using my SoH lately for Imperial Cloth to save up for the 28 slot bags whenever I unlock them (requires 12x Imperial Cloth each.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:14 am

Cogglamp wrote:Going on two weeks into the expansion and still haven't set foot back into Stormwind. I'm sure that wouldn't be the case if it weren't for mobile AH but man, still loving it. \

I have my hearth set at the Lazy Turnip. It's not only central to most of Pandaria but I enjoy my yeomen compatriots.

I'm very much enjoying being able to use Ironforge instead of SW again for auctions. (It's not just that I prefer the city; there's also that having to run all the way out of the Mage Tower every time is irritating.)
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:18 am

degre wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:TBH I haven't looked closely at what I can buy. Guess Golden Lotus are an option? Is that value for money? (I realise lotus are still 300g each atm, but spirits take a bit to gather too.)

I've collected some info about Spirit of Harmony in a wowhead's comment, including what you can buy for one, or you can check on the vendor's page.

Full list of stuff that can be traded for a SoH for the link impaired:
1 Ironpaw Token
1 Restored Artifact
1 Starlight Ink
20 Windwool Cloth
1 stash of 20 random Pandaria Herbs
3 Golden Lotus
20 Spirit Dust
5 Mysterious Essence
1 Ethereal Shard
20 Ghost Iron Ore
20 Kyparite
5 Black Trillium Ore
5 White Trillium Ore
20 Exotic Leather
20 Prismatic Scale
1 Serpent's Eye

Being an engineer and having pretty much no use for SoH, I'm currently using SoH to buy ink for my scribe.

EDIT: reading the above comments I've just realised that I'd be better off buying Golden Lotus to sell and buying inks off the AH instead.

Oh WOW. I had no idea. Thank you for the list!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:21 am

degre wrote:Full list of stuff that can be traded for a SoH for the link impaired:

20 Windwool Cloth

Where can I trade my 2 guild bank tabs worth of cloth for SoH?

:|
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:44 am

Flayer Hatchling captured but Fel Flame still eludes me for capturing every pet in Outland.

Being an engineer and having pretty much no use for SoH, I'm currently using SoH to buy ink for my scribe.

I made a few mist piercing goggles for leveling alts and friends, made the teleporter, Blingtron and a Panderan Dragonling. Now I'm saving up for the mount, 7 down 5 to go for that. It feels like Engineering has the most use for SoH but all of the items are non-critical.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Treck » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:57 am

5/6 only one more to go this half a tier.
Treck

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:01 am

Treck wrote:5/6 only one more to go this half a tier.

Good luck!
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:05 am

Also got a sexy weapon from the coin, its awesome!
Treck

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:30 am

Sniff a random guy told me I'm an awesome tank.

Makes me so nostalgic of the good old times :'(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Shoju » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:34 am

Brawler's Guild
  • Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft.
  • Players will prove their skill, and increase their rank with the Brawler's Guild, as they win matches against some of the most difficult solo encounters in World of Warcraft.
  • As their Brawler's Guild rank increases, players will unlock additional rewards and activities within the Brawler’s Guild.
  • Brawlers on a realm will gather together into the blood spattered ring to watch as their peers face down their own opponents. They can watch the battles in progress to learn from hardened Brawler's Guild veterans as they wait for their own turn to fight.
  • If this is your first night at Brawler's Guild, you have to fight.

This is such an amazing addition to the game...

I'm curious how "gear centric" something like this would be...
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:16 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:The Treasure of the Vale is often just gold, with only a chance at Spirit of Harmony, Pandaren banquets, or (rarely) sky shards.

I'm up to about 25 Spirits in my bags, without much to use them on as an Alch/Ench.

i am INSANELY lucky then

i am on 5 days in a row of getting a spirit

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:12 pm

#1 dps on a Sha of Anger kill (pug), 69.6k. :D

(ilevel 463, still in a crappy quest helm with no sockets.)
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Newsom » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Feng dead on the last pull of the evening. 2 hours before we had a stupid 0.8% wipe. Oh well, it died!
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:39 pm

52K Derps as tank, single target boss, top of the charts *Flexx*
It feels good to be prot.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

PreviousNext

Return to General