Remove Advertisements

Wildstar

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Wildstar

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:43 am

Anyone else keeping an eye on this one? Currently in development/beta ... but it has a lot of promise.

I've wanted a decent SciFi MMO for a while and this one has definitely piqued my interest. More than anything I'm loving the bonus XP people receive for dodging avoidable damage and interrupting casts, so there's always hope you'll have more aware people reaching max level.

They're using a choose-your-own-leveling-style that allows you to gain experience in many different ways. If I read one of the updates right you can level exclusively through exploration if you want.

If nothing else, this will be an excellent casual aside from raiding in WoW.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Re: Wildstar

Postby Aubade » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:22 am

I haven't heard about this one. Any info?
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:24 am

Blocked at work, but pretty sure my bookmarks at home are:

www.wildstar-online.com/
http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/
and
http://www.wildstar-central.com
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:06 pm

Looks pretty decent. I like the art style!
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Io.Draco » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:58 am

This is one of the very few MMOs where I am quite excited to play when it comes out...or if I finally get a beta key.

Hell my level of excitement is somewhat close to what I felt before Wrath of the Lich King came out...I can only pray it does not shatter the promises made.
Io.Draco

Postby Era » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:54 am

Been keeping an eye on it, yeah. Looks promising! Love the different movement/combat mechanics they've introduced so far.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby bldavis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:44 am

not a huge fan of the payment plan, but really interested in the combat philosphy and how it is shaping up

if i do get this i already have some characters planned.. :?
(Draken stalker, granok engineer, aurin stalker, chua medic/engineer, mechari warrior)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:20 am

Considering how every free to play MMO turned into pay to win essentially or how they gate content and in the end it costs you more I'd say that the sub model is far superior.

As for the one used in GW2. GW2 has no PVE end game content. Dungeons are bland, short and easy.
Io.Draco

Postby Era » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:27 am

For me, GW2's biggest failure was trying too hard not to be GW1 - which was a bad idea, because frankly GW1 was great (most of the time).

As for the sub on Wildstar, I don't mind. At the end of the day, I just want a good experience for my money - and the developers want money for my good experience. I don't mind it. I can see it becoming a problem if money is tight and you're adamant in keeping your WoW sub active as well, but that's mostly down to priorities I suppose. In that case I'd say make an investment in paying both subs for a month or two, then decide which one to cancel.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Paxen » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:33 pm

Io.Draco wrote:Considering how every free to play MMO turned into pay to win essentially or how they gate content and in the end it costs you more I'd say that the sub model is far superior.

Meh, I like the buy-to-play model. It's essentially the box+DLC model of other AAA games these days. Although the content in the issues doesn't really match a wow patch. But then again, wow has resources (and income) quite beyond any other games.
Paxen

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:32 pm

my main issue with it is i dont have the income to pay for more than one sub...if/when i quit wow i might be more amicable towards wildstars sub model

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:14 pm

bldavis wrote:my main issue with it is i dont have the income to pay for more than one sub...if/when i quit wow i might be more amicable towards wildstars sub model

Well then you don't have to given that that it has these items you will be able to purchase for in-game gold in to extend the sub.

Certainly it will require a lot of money, but I think once you get solid farming solved you won't have problems.
Io.Draco

Postby _Chloe » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Anyone else get into the Winter Beta with this last batch? I've already given out my friend codes to people, just wondering if anyone else is in yet. I will also be developing addons for Wildstar as I feel I need them.
_Chloe

Postby bldavis » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:24 pm

sadly no beta for me
if you happen to get another code i would love one :D

bldavis

Postby Era » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Let us know how it seems :) Unless there's an NDA, in which case I guess don't. :P
Era

Next

Return to Other Games