[10H] Feng the Accursed

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Feng the Accursed

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:22 am

I feel like I'm missing something simple.

We're going Spirit of the Staff > Fists > Spear > Shield to try and keep raid damage more manageable. We tried Staff > Shield > Fists > Spear but our healers weren't able to keep everyone alive during Epicenter when it was third. Spear third, timed with a Heroism and stacked tank cooldowns, went much better and we had him to 20%. Shield phase is pretty much a joke now that people are moving correctly.

The biggest problems seem to be individuals getting their timings down for Resonance so the raid isn't killed when they're too slow to move out, and living through the harsh AoEs like Epicenter and Arcane Velocity when the Shield isn't up.

I also have to wonder if I'm using the Shroud of Reversal correctly. Am I right to think that if I can get it timed to steal an epicenter and drop it on the boss HIS epicenter will have a high miss chance as well?
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Re: [10H] Feng the Accursed

Postby daishan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 am

On hm can you still get the current tank to stand in a lightening fist and use shroud on the tank so you can stun Feng with it on the next epicentre?
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Kishandra » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:53 am

Yeah, in theory you shouldn't take more than 2 ticks of Epicenter damage per minute. Always steal lightning fists.

The boss always does a lightning fist attack before his first epicenter - let tank steal it and stun him. Then null barrier the second, stun the third, etc. Fists phase is the easiest of the phases. You can try having a tank eat the lightning fist but we found the boss targets a random raid member so it's best to have a healer soak the attack.

Timing for velocity isn't easy in practice but it's fairly simple in theory - move in when he begins casting, move out when he's a second away from completion. Since you can't predict when he starts casting - he can delay his cast up to 20 seconds - just stay out until you see a channel bar.
Kishandra

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:14 am

Ugh. I _was_ missing something simple.

Thank you!

Looks like we'll be poking at Gara'jal here in a few hours.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby timoseewho » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:52 pm

What we've learned is that he will only cast a new resonance when the first one is at around less than 3 secs remaining on it, so if he casts a resonance THEN immediately does velocity, he won't be doing a resonance immediately after the velocity.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Hespherus » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:32 am

Bellanka wrote:I feel like I'm missing something simple.

We're going Spirit of the Staff > Fists > Spear > Shield to try and keep raid damage more manageable. We tried Staff > Shield > Fists > Spear but our healers weren't able to keep everyone alive during Epicenter when it was third. Spear third, timed with a Heroism and stacked tank cooldowns, went much better and we had him to 20%. Shield phase is pretty much a joke now that people are moving correctly.

The biggest problems seem to be individuals getting their timings down for Resonance so the raid isn't killed when they're too slow to move out, and living through the harsh AoEs like Epicenter and Arcane Velocity when the Shield isn't up.

I also have to wonder if I'm using the Shroud of Reversal correctly. Am I right to think that if I can get it timed to steal an epicenter and drop it on the boss HIS epicenter will have a high miss chance as well?

Shouldnt Fist be easier to handle than Spear, considering that you can use Nullification barrier on every second epicenter and stun him with his own lighting fist on the other ones?

The order im thinking is Staff>Spear>Fist>Shield and hero or Staff. Is it wrong? Also can we give any other interesting use to the shroud of reversal?
Hespherus

Postby Bellanka » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:05 am

I was more going that order so that we'd have raid cooldowns available for both Staff and Spear.

Staff > Fists > Spear > Shield were always our better attempts, with a 5% wipe.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Hespherus » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:13 am

Very good point. What was wiping you? Enrage? not enough dps on the adds?

Which classes do you feel are best for the adds? Also, do you go with Lights hammer or holy prism? I personally went with LH and i rocked for the first adds, but then i didnt have it for the second wave...
Hespherus

Postby Bellanka » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:30 am

Hespherus wrote:Very good point. What was wiping you? Enrage? not enough dps on the adds?

Which classes do you feel are best for the adds? Also, do you go with Lights hammer or holy prism? I personally went with LH and i rocked for the first adds, but then i didnt have it for the second wave...

Honestly, it was just stupid things.

Staff phase was the worst for us. We almost always had an unnecessary death. Other than that the biggest problems were just aligning boss abilities with cooldowns.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Kai » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:03 am

did the two aoe phases (earthquake, arcane) 1st and 3rd to have raid cooldowns up, with the shield in between as that's healing/raid dmg wise by far the easiest (read: nothing happens). It's also where I as a healer could regen some mana, so doing that last is weird imo. I had LH as well but will probably swap to prism just to have some helpful aoe available for each set of adds that we aoe.
Fire was the most annoying for us so we did that last and bloodlusted there.

On adds throughout the whole evening an elemental shaman was surprisingly on top, followed by 2 firemages (with 1 being higher that had unglyphed combustion so it was up for every aoe), a rogue and a DK tank above our survival hunter. Having a demo warlock using meta each time (and then cancel it when adds are almost dead/dead to preserve demonic power and be able to use it on all aoe's) would probably make it a lot easier, we had problems with it with our setup (mage, mage, rogue, hunter, elemental shaman) at least.
Kai

Postby Hespherus » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:58 am

You shouldnt really need any raid cds or at least just a minimal amount for epicenters, because you should have barrier for every second one, and you can stun the boss inbetween(maybe not on the first one, because he sometimes doesnt cast lightning fists). Also why wouldnt you do arcane first, for me it seems like the most dangerous. Leaving it up to be the 3rd, where the boss does 15% more damage, seems risky. I would at least change the order doing arcane first.

Unfortunately we almost have none of those classes to kill those adds faster :|
Hespherus

Postby Bellanka » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:44 am

Hespherus wrote:Unfortunately we almost have none of those classes to kill those adds faster :|

Are you kiting the boss into the adds when they spawn? Vengeance stacks + Tank AoE is a nice boost there.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellanka » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:04 am

Completely missed your other question, sorry :x

Hespherus wrote:Which classes do you feel are best for the adds? Also, do you go with Lights hammer or holy prism? I personally went with LH and i rocked for the first adds, but then i didnt have it for the second wave...

We've been swapping people in and out. Our highest DPS was Lock, Ele Shaman, Boomkin, Rogue and Frost DK. Myself and a Monk tanking. Typically two Paladins and a Druid healing. (I'd kill for a Resto Shaman.) Like others have said, Ele Destroys on this. We don't have a Mage anymore so I can't say how well they do.

I've been using Lights Hammer just because it heals more people. When we rotate cooldowns for Arcane/Fire I'm included with a Devo/LH while the Druid or Shadow Priest Tranq.

Also, during Arcane I try to save Holy Avenger for an unshielded AoE, so I can spam WoG on people as needed.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Hespherus » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:58 am

Bellanka wrote:
Hespherus wrote:Unfortunately we almost have none of those classes to kill those adds faster :|

Are you kiting the boss into the adds when they spawn? Vengeance stacks + Tank AoE is a nice boost there.

Yes we did. We only did few pulls with shield phase first this week, so im sure itll get better. And yes DK tanks totally destroy the adds. Also, id imagine warrior could do it.
Hespherus

Postby Kai » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:08 am

Hespherus wrote:You shouldnt really need any raid cds or at least just a minimal amount for epicenters, because you should have barrier for every second one, and you can stun the boss inbetween(maybe not on the first one, because he sometimes doesnt cast lightning fists). Also why wouldnt you do arcane first, for me it seems like the most dangerous. Leaving it up to be the 3rd, where the boss does 15% more damage, seems risky. I would at least change the order doing arcane first.

We actually did arcane first, yeah, messed that up. And we had problems with always stunning epicenters, as you said, feng casting fists can be very erratic at times. if you have a tranq avaible it's healable though, but theoretically it shouldn't happen.
Kai

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)