Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Amirya » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:34 am

I shouldn't even be here, I should be online with my guildmaster (holyadin) so we can get me to 70 finally...

Worst Sethekk Halls run ever, on any of my toons, including my 70's.
I'm tanking. Holyadin is healing. Rogue (not sure of his spec), shadow priest, boomkin.

Now I'll grant, this was only my second time tanking this place - first run, made it through with no wipes, and only the holy priest died on the last boss (but the shadow priest then picked up heals).

This time? Just shoot me. I can't generate near enough threat because they're CCing out their asses, and I'm already being treated like a noob retard because...well, I dunno why. Rogue and priest and I were all 69, drood was 67 (holyadin is 70).
Rogue: Wow, this is so easy!
Me: I'm glad someone thinks so.
Rogue: Lawl
Me: Because I can't generate enough threat with you guys doing so much CC, and as a result you guys are getting attacked.
Rogue: True. *shuffles in, saps* Priest, shackle this. Drood, hibernate that.


Kill me now.

Rogue: Tank him on this side of the pillar, when he AEs, we run to the other side.
Me: *Seal of Light, run into AS range*
Shadow Priest: *SW:PainMindBlastSW:Death* *dies*


Drood: Okay, Tank, you pull him here and tank. When he teleports, he'll go here, so you have to tank him there and we'll run over here. When he teleports again, you tank him right here, and we'll run over there around the corner and behind the lamp.
Holyadin: (via whisper) I'm so confused. What did she say?
Me: (via whispered reply) I die, you run around this corner than that one and hide behind some lamp. I think.


I'm going to make myself a macro:

/p Do not Power Word: Shield me unless I am flashing red-dying. Do not tell me how to tank unless I ask; if I ask, it's because I know I can learn from you. Especially do not tell me how to tank if you immediately preface that with, "I don't have a paladin and so don't know the mechanics of pala-tanking."
/p Do not CC unless I ask for it; I'd rather be generating more threat than you can piss. In fact, give me leader, let me mark, kill in the order that I specify, and keep me alive. You'll be golden.
/p If this is a problem for you, please let me know now, I'm happy to explain my reasons. If you are just a complete retard, please leave the party immediately. Thank you, and enjoy the run.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3923
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Postby Lalecize » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:55 am

Mortehl wrote:
Lalecize wrote:Well...

I had a dream the othernight that I got asked to do a SH run to prove that pallys could tank to the world.

Everyone was watching, and as I joined the party I realised it was me and 4 DPS warriors.

I woke up in a cold sweat.


So, they aoe whirlwind/flurried the shit out of the place and you discovered that 1900 DPS fury warriors rock?



Sadly no... :(

methinks you guys might be used to a bit better dps warriors... All the DPS warriors ive met have been pugged for 70 normals (or pre 70) and not one of them so far has shown any signs of decent dps.

Worst I had was a 70 fury warrior doing barely 300dps.
Give me a rogue any day of the week.

note: I am aware that there are some very good ones out there
Lalecize
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:32 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby Queycar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 am

First night tanking in The eye...first time my guilds even been in there. And all night long i'm getting non stop tells from random DPS trying to negotiate about what pali buffs they are getting. :x Cause tanking a new 25 man raid for the first time isn't something I want to concentrate on or anything.
Queycar
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:23 am

Postby Nemuria » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:35 am

Frustration of being a Draenei paladin tank:
Me:"Tank looking for Botanica"
Joining a mage
Gnome Mage: can we go to Arcatraz just for the KZ frag? Are you healer?
*cough* "protect I can't heal long enough, It's just I don't have the key, need to run botanica"
Gnome Warlock joining: Hello... the Shaman heals? We need a tank also.
Gnome Mage: you have found a shaman?
Gnome Warlock: no I am just asking Nemu if she can.

rolf
Nemuria
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:37 am
Location: DE

Postby Klepsacovic » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:37 am

My latest frustration is just the cycle that kills guilds. Holidays make us slow down. The people that came just for epics leave. More reasonable people stay, but we can tell they are frustrated at the slowing down and that people are leaving. More leave and suddenly I'm not sure if we can even get numbers for Gruul. So now we aren't just slow, we're regressing. So more people leave because attendance is bad. Well no shit attendance is bad, you keep leaving!

My secondary frustration is the inability to remove gear in combat. If I want to take off my pants to get more mana, that is my right as an American. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say I have to wear pants nor does it say when I can and cannot remove my pants. This will be my top issue in the coming election.
Rehlachs- wrote:at least I get blamed for this rogue-dps thing.. "there is no sunder armor on the mobs tanked by the paladin! we can't dps there". yeah, that would explain your 700 dps, being fully buffed sitting in a group with all possible supportthingies (wf, drums, shout, feralcritstuff, and so on).

sometimes I get a slight feeling that our raid lead has to open recruitment for rogues again.

It's their big day, they get to use expose armor for the first time ever.

Dragonzbane wrote:Ex:
At the point where someone in full T6 comes out and says I'm in full threat gear and my TPS is low compare to equally geared warrior X on fight Z and someone replies "no way our threat is way better than warriors because I do 300 more TPS against Prince", well...

Sure it's that's an exaggeration but...

This isn't an end-game thing. This is a set of situations where the person tanking Prince can't see that he's in different gear with a different boss than the guy in T6. It could just as easily be reversed.
I don't have a DPS meter so I use an aggro meter. I always win.
Klepsacovic
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:49 am

wtf is Kelpsacovic doing here?!?!?!
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10470
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Postby Aerron » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:13 am

Klepsacovic wrote:
My secondary frustration is the inability to remove gear in combat. If I want to take off my pants to get more mana, that is my right as an American. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say I have to wear pants nor does it say when I can and cannot remove my pants. This will be my top issue in the coming election.


For Kleps:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/01 ... ml?ref=rss
Aerron
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:33 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby Tonirae » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:48 am

Amirya wrote:I'm going to make myself a macro:

/p Do not Power Word: Shield me unless I am flashing red-dying. Do not tell me how to tank unless I ask; if I ask, it's because I know I can learn from you. Especially do not tell me how to tank if you immediately preface that with, "I don't have a paladin and so don't know the mechanics of pala-tanking."
/p Do not CC unless I ask for it; I'd rather be generating more threat than you can piss. In fact, give me leader, let me mark, kill in the order that I specify, and keep me alive. You'll be golden.
/p If this is a problem for you, please let me know now, I'm happy to explain my reasons. If you are just a complete retard, please leave the party immediately. Thank you, and enjoy the run.


I'm not sure if you were joking about making this macro..
But I highly recommend you do it, seriously... DO IT!
Do it, follow through with what you've said and people will be whispering you for months to come, asking you to tank for them.
Believe me, I know..
Image
"wtf, why do you have two paladins?!" - almost everyone I meet
User avatar
Tonirae
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:32 pm

Postby Amirya » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:43 am

Heh, I was only half-serious. I have a group of people I usually run instances with, and they all know how I tank. That macro would be more for PUGs where there is no one I know in it.

Of course, the only other problem I see is that I'm already getting asked to tank things like mad. 4 hours in UB the other night for a guild run, with no one listening and the dps make up being alllllll wrong.

Then getting asked to tank it again the next morning. /cry

But - you are absolutely right. I should make that a macro. In fact...I think I shall.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3923
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Having to run again through SSC and TK because 15 people decided to quit the game during xmas holiday, and losing time on Vashj while we could be attempting Illidan.
That is frustrating.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13302
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Clericus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:12 pm

Klepsacovic wrote:If I want to take off my pants to get more mana, that is my right as an American. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say I have to wear pants nor does it say when I can and cannot remove my pants. This will be my top issue in the coming election.


I don't know about pants, but you should certainly be able to remove your bracers in combat.

After all, the constitution guarantees you the right to bare arms...
Clericus
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:09 pm
Location: Proudmoore-US. Sydney, Aus.

Postby Arcand » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:03 am

Clericus wrote:After all, the constitution guarantees you the right to bare arms...


9.3

Would chuckle at again.
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Postby Zhelari » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:21 am

Worldie wrote:Having to run again through SSC and TK because 15 people decided to quit the game during xmas holiday, and losing time on Vashj while we could be attempting Illidan.
That is frustrating.


I wish I had those problems. I'm stuck at Vashj atm and haven't seen Kael yet (3/4 tho). I despise not being in Hyjal and BT yet. :(
Zhelari - 70 BE Tankadin - Skullcrusher (US)
User avatar
Zhelari
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:32 am

Postby blessyou » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:55 am

Stormstrike Battle Group. Alliance has stopped playing AV all-together. Horde queues are 2 hrs+. Tanking Vann and running flags are the only two pvp activities I can do as Prot... and I'm sick of running flags!
Image
blessyou
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:22 am

Postby Dinedan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:05 pm

While on a semi-Pug Heroic Mech run I notice I am having to take 3 to 4 Charged Fists (Stun one, Moroe's trinket one, Healadin stuns one - eat last one). I was invited by a quality Hunter I knew and she had another hunter and a lock who she both knew IRL. The holy pally healer was PuG but did great.

Anyway, last time there I was only getting 2 charged fists so I check Recount. Warlock DPS is below mine and holding at 255!!! I whisper the Hunter and she says he was fine as Destro but re-specced affliction and now sucks. /sigh

Four wipes on Sepethrea before giving up and moving on, 3 in the hall to last boss and 1 one him. /sigh again ...

What do you say to the Lock? I DID post the recount numbers to party :)
Last edited by Dinedan on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Dinedan
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:17 am
Location: Feathermoon/US/Horde (N.J. IRL)

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest