Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Teranoid wrote: This game is garbage I quit!

I have *never* said that. Not ever.

Edit: Wait... gem? I assumed this legendary quest line was to get a weapon. (Honestly, I'm so far behind on what is happening this expansion.)

It's a legendary gem that goes into a sha-touched weapon
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Teranoid wrote: This game is garbage I quit!

I have *never* said that. Not ever.

Edit: Wait... gem? I assumed this legendary quest line was to get a weapon. (Honestly, I'm so far behind on what is happening this expansion.)

It's a legendary gem that goes into a sha-touched weapon

Gotcha. Thanks.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:14 pm

It is the first part of the questline to get the legendary weapon (which will presumably become available for/during the final content.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Was in DMF, just done the cannon daily and saw a pool of wreckage by the shore.
Whipped out my purple pole, 10sec later I had a seahorse pet.

Neato. If only all pets were that easy to get.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby bldavis » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:33 pm

yes you get one part for the legendary gem in LFR but you also have to do normal/heroic for the other part, as well as gaining enough rep with Wratharion through killin glvl 90 mobs in the Vale, Dreadwastes, and Townlong Steppes, iow Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, and Shado-Pan dailies

the chain will be continued in each patch

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:07 am

Yeah, there are two types of raid drop you need for the legendary quest, and only one comes from LFR.

Killed another rare this morning (Sele'na, Jinyu in Vot4W) and got an item that lets me cast Symbiosis on myself! That is... pretty powerful, though cooldown is 1hr on 1hr duration (does it persist through death?). Need to find a keybind for Solar Beam, now.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:17 am

realized songbells give you a mote of harmony
my entire farm will now be songbells

between a spirit for finishing all golden lotus dailies (get it in a goodie chest, if it isnt 100% i am DAM lucky to get it 4 days in a row) and, at exalted with tillers, (16 farm plots, 1 mote per plot, 10 motes per spirit) 1.6 spirits a day, you are making at least 5 every 2 days
plus all the just dropped ones

pls blizz, make these BoA!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:38 am

The Treasure of the Vale is often just gold, with only a chance at Spirit of Harmony, Pandaren banquets, or (rarely) sky shards.

I'm up to about 25 Spirits in my bags, without much to use them on as an Alch/Ench.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Amshel » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:55 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, there are two types of raid drop you need for the legendary quest, and only one comes from LFR.

Killed another rare this morning (Sele'na, Jinyu in Vot4W) and got an item that lets me cast Symbiosis on myself! That is... pretty powerful, though cooldown is 1hr on 1hr duration (does it persist through death?). Need to find a keybind for Solar Beam, now.

Can I just say how much I love using Symbiosis on Priests? LoF IS AMAZING. Standing in fire? GET OVER HERE. You decided to pull six fanatics and I can't spam enough heals to keep you alive. GET OVER HERE (and give me precious time to heal you back to full). oh god so good.

Except for some of the bugged ones. Like the lock teleporter that I can't use.

Also I've successfully changed my icon thing for the first time in however many years I've been here.
Amshel

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:02 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I'm up to about 25 Spirits in my bags, without much to use them on as an Alch/Ench.

You can buy mats to fuel your other professions ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:23 am

Worldie wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:I'm up to about 25 Spirits in my bags, without much to use them on as an Alch/Ench.

You can buy mats to fuel your other professions ;)

I would've tought the Spirits were awesome for flasks. Or are Lotus easier to find than I thought them to be?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:27 am

TBH I haven't looked closely at what I can buy. Guess Golden Lotus are an option? Is that value for money? (I realise lotus are still 300g each atm, but spirits take a bit to gather too.)

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fetzie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:37 am

You get 3 lotus per spirit, probably the best value for money right now.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Shoju » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:37 am

I've been playing this Mobile MMO "thing" lately, and having a good time with the enchantress class. Priest / Mage / Warlock type hybrid, with MASSIVE AoE potential. A lot of times, if I'm not being dumb, I don't even need a party to clear the dungeons.

Anyway, I'm in this final level of a dungeon and there are 2 other enchantresses in there, and we are mowing the shit down. The final boss drops a "legendary" Robe and I win it. Sweet. I'm pretty stoked, my previous robe was 10 levels old, and a terrible piece. But I'm a miser, and don't spend my gold on anything but Pots so that I can have lots of fun. Gear will come. So I'm sitting there giddy about it, and one of the other players says "How much will it take for me to buy that from you?" And I said I wasn't sure, because mine was so old, and this was a monumental upgrade. He says Name a Price, I will pay it. Joking, I'm like... Uh... A million Gold :)"

next thing I know, a trade window pops open, and there is 1 million gold sitting in the trade window for me. I toss in the robe, and am sitting there floored. Gold is way undervalued compared to WoW. At level 25 (out of 71) I'm sitting on ~25K, with no AH playing, no Crafting.

So, I'm now set on gold. I go to the AH, to see if there is a spiffy robe I want to buy, and the Epic version of the Robe that dropped is sitting in the AH for 50k.

So, I have a new robe, and 950,000 gold. That's a win for sure.
Shoju

Postby degre » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:44 am

KysenMurrin wrote:TBH I haven't looked closely at what I can buy. Guess Golden Lotus are an option? Is that value for money? (I realise lotus are still 300g each atm, but spirits take a bit to gather too.)

I've collected some info about Spirit of Harmony in a wowhead's comment, including what you can buy for one, or you can check on the vendor's page.

Full list of stuff that can be traded for a SoH for the link impaired:
1 Ironpaw Token
1 Restored Artifact
1 Starlight Ink
20 Windwool Cloth
1 stash of 20 random Pandaria Herbs
3 Golden Lotus
20 Spirit Dust
5 Mysterious Essence
1 Ethereal Shard
20 Ghost Iron Ore
20 Kyparite
5 Black Trillium Ore
5 White Trillium Ore
20 Exotic Leather
20 Prismatic Scale
1 Serpent's Eye

Being an engineer and having pretty much no use for SoH, I'm currently using SoH to buy ink for my scribe.

EDIT: reading the above comments I've just realised that I'd be better off buying Golden Lotus to sell and buying inks off the AH instead.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

PreviousNext

Return to General