All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:http://outsidetheredzone.com/?p=10042

"If Jeffrey (Loria) doesn't think I'm doing the job I should do ... it's not the first time he's fired a manager. Look yourself in the mirror and ask why so many (expletive) managers come through here." - Ozzie Guillen

Probably not the smartest thing for Ozzie to say, but that's Ozzie.

Plus he's right. When you fire the manager of the year, who later goes on to win a world series with another team, some self reflection may be in order.


Id hire ozzie as the sawx manager, for the lulz


I'd hire him as the White Sox manager, for the lulz
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:03 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/b ... &eref=sihp

Tito becomes the manager for the indians
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11258
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:43 am

This is where I would like to find a pic of francona standing with his hands on his hips, put him in an indians warm up suit (like what he wore in boston) and caption it with some line poking fun about how Boston's so effed up, he didn't even give them the chance to come back begging on their knees with golden babies and fountains of dom to woo him back.


Seriously though. If this gets the Dolan's to get the $$$ plug out of their ass and spend a little, I'm all for it. I'm not expecting a 200m payroll, but good money spent on good players would be a start.

I do have to say one more thing. It is obvious that the person who wrote this article doesn't watch the Indians, and is only going off the hype. Calling Carlos Santana part of a "core" of young players who they can build around makes me want to stab my eyes out.

He isn't content to suck it up and be a sub par hitter from just one side of the plate, no no, he is so bad, he has to do it from both.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6395
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:43 am

After Watching the Browns game yesterday, I have resigned myself to only watch the Browns while I have This Twitter Feed up.

At least then the game is funny, and I can consider it a comedy.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6395
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:17 am

Armstrong: Landis and Hamilton are serial perjurers, they have no credibility in whatever they snitch on me
USADA: Ok, here's 1,000 pages of evidence provided by 11 other former teammates.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11258
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:08 pm

This is a good point as to why I'm not a good candidate for running anything. President, Commish, etc... Armstrong, Favre, Bonds, ARod, Pete Rose, Jose Canseco, Clemens, etc... The guys who just continuously do / say stupid things in the media after they should have long went away would simply not be around. I'd give them an all expenses paid trip to the most remote, exclusive, celebrity get away ever known.

The South Pole. Tent Optional.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6395
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Shoju wrote:This is a good point as to why I'm not a good candidate for running anything. President, Commish, etc... Armstrong, Favre, Bonds, ARod, Pete Rose, Jose Canseco, Clemens, etc... The guys who just continuously do / say stupid things in the media after they should have long went away would simply not be around. I'd give them an all expenses paid trip to the most remote, exclusive, celebrity get away ever known.

The South Pole. Tent Optional.



Well, it Armstrong's case, he's really been done for a while, but the USADA has been on the crusade for some time.

A career "public servant" is looking for the big promotion by nailing him. Yeah, due process, give 1000 pages of testimony to the media.

But really, NO ONE CARES anymore, other that those with an axe to grind.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: All about sports

Postby Cogglamp » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Fact is, most of America doesn't care about USADA's ruling. Even the TdF is saying it doesn't have the right to strip him of his titles as it's their call.

Armstrong most likely doped as did 99.7% of the other cyclists. It's a dirty sport and has been for decades. The dude is probably a jerk and is pretty self centered but I really don't care as his cheating literally does not affect me. Now his fund raising for cancer does affect me and for that, he gets a perpetual get out of jail free card in my book. He's done more for cancer research funding save for a few people.

That's the difference between all those people you listed Shoju. He's actually done something with his fame rather than wallow it.
Cogglamp
 
Posts: 728
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:04 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:44 pm

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:This is a good point as to why I'm not a good candidate for running anything. President, Commish, etc... Armstrong, Favre, Bonds, ARod, Pete Rose, Jose Canseco, Clemens, etc... The guys who just continuously do / say stupid things in the media after they should have long went away would simply not be around. I'd give them an all expenses paid trip to the most remote, exclusive, celebrity get away ever known.

The South Pole. Tent Optional.



Well, it Armstrong's case, he's really been done for a while, but the USADA has been on the crusade for some time.

A career "public servant" is looking for the big promotion by nailing him. Yeah, due process, give 1000 pages of testimony to the media.

But really, NO ONE CARES anymore, other that those with an axe to grind.


I'm totally open to tossing the "civil servant looking for a promotion" in the group as well, as well as the media types who keep blaring it in our faces. Seriously, you know it's bad when during the Favre "retirement" and then "sexting" escapades when Mike and Mike said "We don't want to talk about it for days on end either, but you know, we have bosses too."

Round up the noise makers, and ship them to the South Pole. Hell. Give them tents. It wont matter.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6395
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Poor penguins. They dont deserve having to deal with those dregs.

Just sink them to the bottom of the aleutian basin.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11258
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Poor penguins. They dont deserve having to deal with those dregs.

Just sink them to the bottom of the aleutian basin.


There are no penguins at the south pole. It is too far from water, too cold, too harsh, too windy. The South Pole is technically located in a desert. 9300ft in the air, 800 miles from the ocean, This time of the year, it's a balmy -55 F during the day, and -64 F at night.

EDIT:
Antarctica website wrote:The South Pole has a desert climate, almost never receiving any precipitation. Air humidity is near zero. However, high winds can cause the blowing of snowfall, and the accumulation of snow amounts to about 20 cm (7.9 in) per year


God it sounds like the perfect spot for some of these people.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6395
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Well, I still think crush depth is better for these dregs.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11258
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:21 pm

But, I can't set up cameras at crush depth and film it for money.

Plus, I love deep sea more than any other part of "geography" or "Science" stuff. I don't want those wankers polluting it.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6395
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Shoju wrote:But, I can't set up cameras at crush depth and film it for money.

Plus, I love deep sea more than any other part of "geography" or "Science" stuff. I don't want those wankers polluting it.


Fine, just shove them into the mountain of madness, let's just hope they don't wake up any old ones.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11258
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Koatanga » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:35 pm

I just don't get why the still hold the Tour de France. It's a farce. Every year the leaders get busted for performance-enhancing drugs, blood doping, etc. It's bad for the sport of cycling. They should either drop the drug testing or drop the event.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 2025
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest