Remove Advertisements

Preraid trinkets - question

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

Postby Hespherus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:39 am

I like the Dragonling, just because it makes it possible for me to get to 7.5% hit and Expertise, while still giving me 600 mastery. Im not sure if 23k more hp will make it or break it. But missing my hop generators and consequently not having enough HP to SotR could make a difference.
Hespherus

Postby Treck » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:46 am

Both hit AND exp are really easy to cap without having to go gem it, thus those gems in that trinket means you dont reforge as much into hit and exp, so then you are activly making the choice of mastery/dodge/parry over stamina.
Treck

Postby Hespherus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:08 am

Thats true. Thats if though, if you were lucky enough to get all the right pieces from the dungeons. If you get the dodge/parry ones instead of hit/exp and another useful stat(ideally mastery if not parry), then its impossible. I tried it, and wasnt able to reach the caps.

Obviously not everyone had enough time or luck to reach that, me included, and i took 3 days of work.

But definately ill keep in mind your reasoning, and will switch back to the stam trinket, as soon as i can get enough ratings from gear.
Hespherus

Postby Treck » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:18 am

Also, if thats the case, then definately go for the PvP trinket, 800mastery with 40k hp on use. MUCH better than a dodge procc.
You might be unlucky if you go a few dungeons, but if you wanna cap, you should have to do enough of them to get the pieces you want ^^
Treck

Postby PsiVen » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:41 am

You can't put hit/exp cogwheels in the Dragonling if you have them in your goggles, unfortunately. The PvP trinket looks nice though.

My main thinking for stam trinkets/enchants is that the only other way to increase stamina besides ilvl is to gem it, and the budget for rating is doubled in gems.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Schroom » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Treck wrote:Also, if thats the case, then definately go for the PvP trinket, 800mastery with 40k hp on use. MUCH better than a dodge procc.
You might be unlucky if you go a few dungeons, but if you wanna cap, you should have to do enough of them to get the pieces you want ^^

I agree absolutely. I'm even doing BGs to get the epic one. > 1000 Mastery permanetly and alsmost 60k HP on use every 2 minutes.

haven't seen any trinket this tier even in heroic raids that tops that. as the "dodge" use of those trinkets is awefull for paladins.
Schroom

Postby Teloc » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:09 pm

What is the new view on the OX deck now that it has 1434 stam added on?
Teloc

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Still not a fan of clicky dodge procs, personally. I don't think it's worth the cost, but YMMV.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:31 am

10% dodge is a hell of a lot better than a Brewmaiden. Is there any other 476+ stam trinket besides MSV trash?
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:16 am

PsiVen wrote:10% dodge is a hell of a lot better than a Brewmaiden. Is there any other 476+ stam trinket besides MSV trash?

I'd argue Brewmaiden's a pretty awful trinket as well. Stam trinket choice is pretty limited. I'm currently running a Dragonling (hit/xpt/mast) and the Iron Protector Talisman (1270 stam/3386 dodge chance for 15 sec). If the xpt trinket ever dropped in Scholo I'd probably swap to that.

The Deck would be an upgrade of the IPT of course, but on my server it's going for 80k, and I don't think it's 80k good. I'd buy it for 5k, maybe 10k. But not 80k. It's certainly viable if you have the funds or means to generate cards.

Edit: also there's this: http://www.wowhead.com/item=89079

Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage
Binds when picked up
Unique-Equipped: Curios of the Shado-Pan (1)
Trinket
+1619 Stamina
Requires Level 90
Item Level 489
Requires Shado-Pan - Revered
Use: Increases your mastery by 2822 for 15 sec. (1 Min Cooldown)
Sell Price: 25 39 83
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Hespherus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:12 am

With the latest theorycrafting, would Dragonling still be a viable option, to be able to reach expertise hardcap sooner?
Hespherus

Postby Petrus » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:49 am

Probably. Even with engi goggles that have hit/exp cogs I'm using Haste/Mastery/Dodge in the dragonling, but looking to move away from it if possible because I dont have the valuable stats in it anymore. I like the idea of the PvP trinket with health on use, but if I didn't have goggles and had hit/exp in my dragonling, I'd probably keep it.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Hespherus wrote:With the latest theorycrafting, would Dragonling still be a viable option, to be able to reach expertise hardcap sooner?

1800 worth of stats is a lot. Until you can get a decent stam trinket to replace it or higher ilvl gear with which to reforge to hit/exp caps it is a good option imo.

Worked fine for 6/6 normal but now that we're starting heroics I'd like to replace mine for a bit more stam. I'm thinking it'll get most tanks by until they can either get their hands on a Jade Figurine drop or Shado-Pan revered.

I'm not a big fan of the Elegon trinket or the PvP trinket personally which offer only a static 1218 or 1021 mastery respectively. Although I would prefer the PvP trinket if I had to choose one of the two, due to the fact that the on use is far superior to the Dragon's Blood's dodge proc.
Gab

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice