Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:45 pm

halabar wrote:Side note:

The BMAH mounts are BoP. Sofar I purchased the Allyrasor mount for 130k (yeah, I know, a bit high), and the white polar bear for a cool 20k.

Our BMAH currently has a Durotar Scorpion (that's been up there for at least the last 3 days) with a 10k min bid... our regular house consistently lists them from 2-5k.

/fail

Question though... if something doesn't get bid on, will it eventually disappear?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Skye1013 wrote:
halabar wrote:Side note:

The BMAH mounts are BoP. Sofar I purchased the Allyrasor mount for 130k (yeah, I know, a bit high), and the white polar bear for a cool 20k.

Our BMAH currently has a Durotar Scorpion (that's been up there for at least the last 3 days) with a 10k min bid... our regular house consistently lists them from 2-5k.

/fail

Question though... if something doesn't get bid on, will it eventually disappear?

The auctions are up for the standard 48 hours, if they aren't bought they disappear and wait for the rotation to come around again.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:06 pm

They seem to be 24 not 48. At least we get a new set every evening, though the posting time varies.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fetzie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:10 am

Bought a Relic of Niuzao for 10k, sold it for 40k (100g less than the other guy, who still has all three listed). Now I have over 100k for the first time ever! Yay!
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Levantine » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:44 am

The fuck? I can't help but think someone fucked up listing it that cheaply, even before the hotfix.
Levantine

Postby Fetzie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:55 am

Nah, was pretty much the standard price for it.

Fetzie

Postby Fenris » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:02 am

Had a guildie with inscription curse for 1 week because all he could crafft were Yak cards...To the point where he told me he'd give me the trinket for free if he makes the full deck

Guess i could call him on that now :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Levantine » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:07 am

If it makes anyone feel better I sold an Ace of Serpents for a paltry 5k when I thought it was for the healer deck. I now have a post-it note on my screen with CRANE = HEALER, SERPENTS = CASTER in big, bold letters.
Levantine

Postby Flex » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:51 am

jere wrote:Is the Bat from the old Karazan halloween event a rare? I haven't even looked at pet battles yet. It might be rare enough to sell assuming it is a good pet to have and is a "rare" type.

Can't be caged so you couldn't sell it if you wanted to.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Xfighter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:43 am

Holyblaze wrote:
Xfighter wrote:Logged in today to find all buckles on the AH were bought out, and living steel was ~1400/ea, so promptly bought 8 of them and posted 8 buckles at 2500/ea. Within 30 seconds, sold 1, and before I went to raid had sold 4. Sadly got undercut doing the raid, but have since reposted for ~2350/ea, so still making nearly 1k on them if they sell by tomorrow.

And crafted pvp chest/legs still selling rather well, mats are ~100-140g, both sell for 800-1200 depending on the day.

Where do I get the buckle?!?!?!?!

I believe you get the plans for them from being exalted with the lorewalkers. Takes about 2 hours or less to hit exalted, if you use a guide. (wowhead has one somewhere)

An update: so far made about 150k or so since MoP launched, with no prep work before it hit, and casually playing the AH between dailies & raids.

Big thanks to:
- 2x scribes making cards daily for about a week now
- 1x transmute spec alch doing living steel daily & some metas
- 1x miner while doing dailies on my main
- 1x BS crafting PvP chest/legs, both shields & belt buckles + 1 Crafted BoE plate DPS chest

Looking forward to how much I can make by the end of the month.
Xfighter

Postby djlar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:22 pm

I'm still wondering why they made the belt buckles so expensive this expansion? like once a day deal = big bucks
djlar

Postby Newsom » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:24 pm

djlar wrote:I'm still wondering why they made the belt buckles so expensive this expansion? like once a day deal = big bucks

Probably so Living Steel won't be obsolete after two weeks like Truegold was.

Which I kinda like, since there are no other useful transmutes (the gem ones are just too expensive to be worth it especially considering perfect gems).
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Does Living Steel have a Spirit of Harmony option that ignores the once a day cooldown? I know a lot of the other professions have that in their bottlenecks (or at least JC/tailoring do.)

If that's the case, and you've also managed to open all 16 plots for farmville, you can collect 11.2 full Spirits per week without ever having to kill a mob. Meaning eventually the prices will come down a bit. Of course, if they change Spirits to no longer be BoP, then that will also drop prices (again, assuming there is a SoH option for Living Steel.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Yes, you can use 3 Harmony to get around the daily cooldown.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Fetzie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Does Living Steel have a Spirit of Harmony option that ignores the once a day cooldown? I know a lot of the other professions have that in their bottlenecks (or at least JC/tailoring do.)

If that's the case, and you've also managed to open all 16 plots for farmville, you can collect 11.2 full Spirits per week without ever having to kill a mob. Meaning eventually the prices will come down a bit. Of course, if they change Spirits to no longer be BoP, then that will also drop prices (again, assuming there is a SoH option for Living Steel.)

3 Trillium Bars, 3 Harmonies.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=130326

Fetzie

PreviousNext

Return to General