Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Zobel » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:48 pm

halabar wrote:So the 15 minute restart is now a 3+ hour outage, when I sitting home with a bum leg and my wife is out. Suggestion Blizz, do rolling restarts on weekdays when you have all your staff in?

The hackers/kiddies kinda forced their hand on the rolling restarts. That doesn't explain why the login servers are hosed, though.
Zobel

Postby halabar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Zobel wrote:
halabar wrote:So the 15 minute restart is now a 3+ hour outage, when I sitting home with a bum leg and my wife is out. Suggestion Blizz, do rolling restarts on weekdays when you have all your staff in?

The hackers/kiddies kinda forced their hand on the rolling restarts. That doesn't explain why the login servers are hosed, though.

Yeah, seeing that since I have time to kill and browsing MMOChamp.

Guess is they applied a fix for authentication that didn't work.

Edit: Looks like things are back, but as one poster somewhere noted, those kill videos were far more entertaining than the 'world event' scenario, lol.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Dailies... So many dailies!

I don't mind doing a few, but this is redonkulous.
What if I want to get exalted but DON'T want to grind a thousand dailies?

Also, Darkmoon Fare is back with us again, and I'm having issues with the quest that you have to grind out 250 grizzly trophies. Ive been killing Green level mobs in Jade forest/Karasang wilds but am not getting any Trophies. What gives?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Nordix » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Challenge mode silver is like,okayish,goodish,doable,whatever.
Almost got the mount too with loads of server first times.

Then challenge mode gold seems outright impossible.
Nordix

Postby Newsom » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Nordix wrote:Challenge mode silver is like,okayish,goodish,doable,whatever.
Almost got the mount too with loads of server first times.

Then challenge mode gold seems outright impossible.

I think it's working as intended. :p
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Darielle » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:13 pm

There are a lot of gimmicks that go into Challenge mode Gold, whereas Silver (and to a lesser extent Bronze) are just by and large "Actually do mechanics, unlike Heroic mode". Death Knight-ness trivialises things to a hilarious extent.

It is a little frustrating in the sense that it will forever be either harder or you will just have to give up on ever ranking based on comp.
Darielle

Postby Passionario » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Apparently, ilvl 462 is too low to get invited to MV normal. :(
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Hespherus » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:57 am

Passionario wrote:Apparently, ilvl 462 is too low to get invited to MV normal. :(

Yeah. Just the same last night. Someone was asking for 465 ilvl for MV. :shock:
Hespherus

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:19 am

Hespherus wrote:Yeah. Just the same last night. Someone was asking for 465 ilvl for MV. :shock:

<- My face when.

Do those guy want to form a raid, or to get a raid to stuff them? It's friggin' week two!
I think the top geared people last Monday were 466-ish?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Treck » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:27 am

I think my alt outgears my main after receiving 4 epics from MGV, while my main only got one :(
Treck

Postby Taikishi » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:26 am

I may be looking for my third different guild since quitting Edge. The guild, foolishly, split into two raid groups in Firelands. The group I'm in is about dead since most of them haven't played since May. The other group is too damn clique-ish and won't bring in most of my group simply because they don't like those players despite having only 9 in the raid. Further, they extended an offer to me... if I change Mains to my mage in part because one of their tanks (also a paladin) "doesn't have an off-spec". That and their comp is horrid (two pallies, hunter, three windwalkers, dk, druid of some kind, possibly a second druid or a priest). And yet the remnants of my group is already lfr geared while half their group isn't even 90 and those that are are barely 440...

Oye :(
Taikishi

Postby Amirya » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:33 am

Renewed the guild domain last week.

This morning, it's expired (confirmation number received and confirmed they actually took the money).

Not happy.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:26 am

Amirya wrote:Renewed the guild domain last week.

This morning, it's expired (confirmation number received and confirmed they actually took the money).

Not happy.

What registrar? I've never had a problem with NetworkSolutions, but have had problems with others. Also, NEVER register the name through the hosting company.

halabar

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:45 am

halabar wrote:

Not happy.

What registrar? I've never had a problem with NetworkSolutions, but have had problems with others. Also, NEVER register the name through the hosting company.

And I've never had a problem with the registration and hosting being done by the same company. I actually hate having them with two different companies.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:52 am

Shoju wrote:
halabar wrote:

Not happy.

And I've never had a problem with the registration and hosting being done by the same company. I actually hate having them with two different companies.

Bad practice. Because...

If your relationship with the hosting company goes bad, they can hold the name hostage.
Many hosting companies actually register the names themselves, so if you leave, you might be hosed.
Many of the hosting companies don't give you access to the domain names should you choose to use a filtering service such as Cloudflare.

I much prefer having all my domain names managed at one place, even if hosting is scattered among several providers.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General