Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Postby Fenris » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:15 pm

halabar wrote:
Fenris wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:I'll just bank em. Once you've exalted on all the reps, you can use your bankload for most of the weekly and only do the dailies you're actually interested in.

That if you are lucky to have free bank space

I'm not :cry:

Considering they convert to free loot rolls, you'd trash them? You can find space somewhere.

I have 1 month worth of conversions already

With 3 more days of coins left this week

That's the main problem,you get them at 10x the speed you can use them :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Only if you're doing all the dailies constantly. Later in the expac you'll be glad to have built up a stockpile.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenris » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Sure,but right now it's a problem (and one they could easily solve by making the stack higher or,even better,storing them in the currency tab and not as phisical tokens)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Zalaria » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:28 pm

That's what I've wondered since I first got some on beta - why aren't they on the currency tab? Maybe they can't use currencies as quest requirements?
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Wondering the same but I think the mark of the world tree worked sorta the same? or was they only to buy things?
I honestly dont think its something hard for them to fix, if its not already there in some way.
I guess its cause your collecting and shit, they just decided to keep it as a bag item.
Treck

Postby PsiVen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:03 pm

I can't imagine actually doing ALL the dailies every day. It would be pretty horrifying if that was what it took to get the coins, especially months from now when we're exalted with everything.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Treck » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:22 am

I hope by the time we are exalted we will have enough coins to not have to bother with them ever again.
But, in all fairness you really only need to get 90 a week, and thats pretty simple.
If you then want to go for valor rewards, you wont be able to buy everything anyway.
Before you buy your first item you obviously wanna keep your options available, thus getting rep with pretty much everything.
But atm, its really only Golden Lotus rep that matters, once you get revered iirc with them, you start going for the other 2 (shado pan and august celestials?) Klaxxi also have a few valor gear ofcourse but you prolly wanna look for what piece you are gonna buy first and just go for those.

We have people in the guild who has stockpiled the silver coins, having around 300-500, and they arnt exalted with all factions yet either, meaning theres definately more to gain.
And while you could use them on every single boss to get more loot, you really wont anyway.
In future content patches they will surely implement new quests to get coins when we are exalted with all factions currently.
Treck

Postby Passionario » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:53 am

Zalaria wrote:Maybe they can't use currencies as quest requirements?

They can. (Re: Marks of the World Tree)
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby halabar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:11 am

and now it's the daily rolling restarts, since the hotfixes weren't good enough. So much for leveling the hunter today. 15 minute restart is going on 90 minutes...

Edit: Apparently they did a restart so they could break the login servers. :roll: This is what happens when you do a restart while your Eagles-fan technician is plugging cables into the wrong ports as he watches Vick drop the ball over and over again.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Koatanga » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:47 am

I don't know about you guys, but I have people in guild wanting me to tank heroics so they can get gear to raid with. That eats into my grinding-dailies time quite severely.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:59 am

We have several offspec tanks who help in our guild, so not much spam here.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darielle » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:38 pm

Fenris wrote:Sure,but right now it's a problem (and one they could easily solve by making the stack higher or,even better,storing them in the currency tab and not as phisical tokens)

It's not really ever a problem. If you've been raiding this week, you've probably used at least 3 Elder Charms by now, and from next week onwards, you add LFR and there's 12 "bosses" to use them on - there is no way to generate enough to be able to use that many on the bosses while they're relevant.

Maybe if completing the tier and having nothing to use them on and wanting to stockpile to use them on Tier 15 stuff, but that's what the quest/conversion throttles, so it limits someone rolling into T15.
Darielle

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Using tokens in LFR seems like a terrible horrible idea. Am I missing something?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:59 am

They work on normal and possibly Heroic bosses. Why would you waste them on LFR?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darielle » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:16 am

Referring in the context of people who aren't raiding Heroic or don't plan to, or even people who just want a temporary shot at being as ready as possible to bump walls into Heroic without guarantees of how far into Heroic they can go. Core idea being that with multiple difficulties opening up next week, you can't really get to a point where you have so many Charms and not enough places to use them; after all, shooting for a trinket/weapon off Elegon-LFR if it didn't drop in Normal is probably still going to be worth it if you're at 10 Charms and waiting for worthwhile things to drop.

Similar effect being true when HEart of Fear and Terrace open up.
Darielle

PreviousNext

Return to General