Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby Zalaria » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 am

Also, there's a shovel you can use to dig up a plant you don't want (it's near where you got the watering can and sprayer). I've been planting the daily one for credit, then digging it up and planting what I wanted.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:50 am

Oh I should be selling cooking mats shouldn't I...
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:56 am

halabar wrote:Frustration.. selling pets.

Too many competitors, too many dumping pets on the AH, too many willing to sell no where near earlier values... bah.. might just dump them all to really bury the market.

The biggest issue with pets is that none of the ones you catch in the wild can be sold so you're very limited to what you can sell to mostly what already exists for people to obtain. Also if you're selling to people who want to do pet battles they won't be buying anything under rare quality.

I'm sure I could make a decent sum selling some of the rare pet models I've caught to collectors (if I wasn't one myself) over the last week but I can't.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:26 pm

djlar wrote:What's faster?
- Kill endless mobs for a chance of veggies to drop?
- Fish 20 fishes and make the bundles for a token then buy veggies with them?

This ultimately depends on your ability to AoE farm. As a priest, it's usually easier for me to fish in pools (to guarantee the fish I want.) If you fish outside of pools, you get a lot of Golden Carp, which require 60 for a turn in as opposed to 20. I think once I get my pally into the area, I'll probably see about AoE farming in prot. If I can find a quickly respawning area that also gives some sort of meat (or veggie I guess, but those are generally more "rare") then it will quite useful.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:20 am

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:Frustration.. selling pets.

Too many competitors, too many dumping pets on the AH, too many willing to sell no where near earlier values... bah.. might just dump them all to really bury the market.

The biggest issue with pets is that none of the ones you catch in the wild can be sold so you're very limited to what you can sell to mostly what already exists for people to obtain. Also if you're selling to people who want to do pet battles they won't be buying anything under rare quality.

I'm sure I could make a decent sum selling some of the rare pet models I've caught to collectors (if I wasn't one myself) over the last week but I can't.

The real problem is twofold.. first, people who normally aren't AH players are caging and selling their pets because of the reduced value and a chance for "easy" gold (note, many of these are the type of player where 1000G is a fortune) so they are dumping their entire pet collections. Second, the dramatic increase in the number of available pets has reduced demand for any of the rare ones since there are so many more now, even if many of those need to be caught. Completionists are busy catching pets, not buying them.

Another problem is that the pets are now sold in two places, so people don't know where to look for them.

I'm getting ready to dump my inventory just to clear it out.

A similar effect is happening on mount prices. People aren't buying the older ones because there are so many more new ones. I trained 12 dragon turtles alone on my Panda last night. Hard to get excited about collecting all the mounts when Blizz added over 60 new ones sofar for this xpac.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby jere » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:36 am

One issue on our server is stuff like old mounts and pets are being posted for 150+k gold. While gold is easy to make, on our server there are only about 15-20 people who normally shell out that kind of money and they are the ones selling them atm, so the buying market at those prices is very small.

The early price inflation has people seeing $$$ so they are jacking up prices too high versus what demand really is wanting. They are hoping for that "one" person who will pay that much for the mounts/pets.

I'm having trouble with belt buckles mainly because the cost of mats is so high and no one wants to pay 2000-2500g for a belt buckle when they can remember buying one for 300g about a month ago.
jere

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:54 am

halabar wrote:Completionists are busy catching pets, not buying them.

It is literally because you can't buy them. I would totally buy a Scourged Hatchling, Alpine Fox Kit and Baby Ape since those are all hard to farm at the moment with low respawn rate and weather dependencies.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:11 am

Flex wrote:

It is literally because you can't buy them. I would totally buy a Scourged Hatchling, Alpine Fox Kit and Baby Ape since those are all hard to farm at the moment with low respawn rate and weather dependencies.

and they don't care right now about the old ones (Disgusting Oozling, etc). Or you have the folks who learned the Oozling ages ago that can now cage and sell them so they post it for 500-1000G.

halabar

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:13 am

Side note:

The BMAH mounts are BoP. Sofar I purchased the Allyrasor mount for 130k (yeah, I know, a bit high), and the white polar bear for a cool 20k.

halabar

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:37 am

halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:

and they don't care right now about the old ones (Disgusting Oozling, etc). Or you have the folks who learned the Oozling ages ago that can now cage and sell them so they post it for 500-1000G.

Collectors would care about the old ones, they are collectors after all, I never got a toxic wasteling so I bought one. I'm not going to be putting up my Whites and Greens because they're so common in both traditional ways to obtain them and via the AH and if anyone is "serious" about pet battles they wouldn't buy them anyway so I have an entire character's bags filled with caged battle pets. Additionally some of the rares are also incredibly common, stupid sinister squashling. About the best I've sold were TBC fishing daily crocs.
Flex

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 am

Regardless, I'm undecided if I will dump them on the Terenas AH, or try another server where I can buy account-wide mounts.

halabar

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 am

Regardless, I'm undecided if I will dump them on the Terenas AH, or try another server where I can buy account-wide mounts.

halabar

Postby jere » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Is the Bat from the old Karazan halloween event a rare? I haven't even looked at pet battles yet. It might be rare enough to sell assuming it is a good pet to have and is a "rare" type.
jere

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:59 am

Xfighter wrote:Logged in today to find all buckles on the AH were bought out, and living steel was ~1400/ea, so promptly bought 8 of them and posted 8 buckles at 2500/ea. Within 30 seconds, sold 1, and before I went to raid had sold 4. Sadly got undercut doing the raid, but have since reposted for ~2350/ea, so still making nearly 1k on them if they sell by tomorrow.

And crafted pvp chest/legs still selling rather well, mats are ~100-140g, both sell for 800-1200 depending on the day.

Where do I get the buckle?!?!?!?!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:00 pm

jere wrote:Is the Bat from the old Karazan halloween event a rare? I haven't even looked at pet battles yet. It might be rare enough to sell assuming it is a good pet to have and is a "rare" type.

SUPER RARE! Will never be able to do that event again. If you ahve one..NEVER sell it or Sell it at a very high rate! Once IH ave all my toon back to 90, lvling my toons is the most fun in the game for me, I will be doing some of this silly shiat like farming, pet battles etc....
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

PreviousNext

Return to General