Remove Advertisements

[10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Juugimus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:36 am

Since there's no MoP subforum yet, thought we could get started in here :D

Got this guy down to 30% a couple times. Doesn't seem too crazy, but for those that have killed him, are you using a set team of your highest DPS to go into the spirit world and keep the buff up or are you setting up a rotation to get all of your DPS the buff?

Seemed like we spent so much time getting the rotation down with back ups for voodoo dolls that DPS became too low on the boss.

Also, it seems like when the boss fixates on the tank, it gives him an insane threat boost, when coming out of the spirit world, I'm still above or right at the threat of my co-tank. I have to basically autoattack until he's ported down. We've been tanking together for 5 years so I know his threat generation isn't a problem (on other fights in MSV it's not either.) Anyone else seeing this?

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Re: [10N] Gara'Jal the Spirit Binder

Postby Paxi » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:57 am

I noticed the same thing regarding threat but didn't seem to be able to overaggro anyhow, i was able to still go full out when my co-tank was tanking without problems. Seems threat is overlooked durring dools as it's a fixate of some sort.

As far as sending down people not much i can add, aim was to send highest ranged dps, if they couldn't someone else would just be assigned over voice communication.

P.S I also welcome a MoP subforum!:D
Paxi

Postby Bellanka » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:16 am

We set up a rotation for it. We two healed it, with healers rotating who went down and DPS having a set rotation.

ie, Rogue > Hunter > DK > Mage > Ele Sham > Boomkin ... and if someone had Voodoo Doll they were skipped until it wore off. So if it was the DK's turn but they had Voodoo Dolls on them we skipped over them to the Mage. When Voodoo Dolls wore off, DK was first one down with whoever was next.

We managed it pretty close to enrage as a result.

Also, whichever tank gets sent down has 30 seconds to kill their Severer of Souls. I was able to do it in 10-12, so I was killing a few adds as well. (See a few stacked? Drop a consecrate on them and move to another batch.) Just whatever you can do to help.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Juugimus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:43 am

That's a good idea about helping on the adds. I'll start doing that tonight.

Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Melee are good to send down as well, as the mobs can clump and be interrupted. Hybrids can heal themselves for stacks and to help healers get back out quickly. We 2-healed on 10 and settled on sending the same 2 down as much as possible; you want to rotate to maximize their DPS time with the buff, but that makes things a lot more hectic. If 3 DPS get sent by accident, it's likely a wipe. Just making Voodoo Doll substitutions gets you a fair amount of uptime already.

Not sure what you mean about threat. As you mention, the boss fixates. You can't even taunt him until Banishment.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Schroom » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:48 am

anyone relly understands how the vodoo dolls debuff works? do the dps geht 70% of the damage the tank receives or 70% of the damage the Boss deals to the tank (in which case avoid would be king, absorbs too? cooldowns that reduce damage like GoAK? yes or no?)
Schroom

Postby Treck » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:11 am

The damage you actually take, post mitigation and absorbs.
Thats why he does a special attack every few seconds that goes through any shield effect
These special attacks can be one out of 5 different kind of special attacks.
Some of these CAN be blocked, but unreliable to count on unless you play a warrior, but they can all be mitigated with a CD.

When you get banished you should have a crapton of vengeance.
Id recomend that you track the duration of vengeance so that you know when you suddenly wont do any damage anymore.
Treck

Postby Hespherus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:23 am

If you spec in Clemency you can HoP your tank partner twice in a short time span. Bubble yourself also. You will also have 2 HoS for your other tank. That should make the voodoo doll damage trivial.

We were just sending one healer and 1 boomkin into the spirit world, and when we noticed we had too many adds, we would send another dps. Also you as tank, can kill 1 or 2 easily, especially when they are stacked up.

We used hero on the pull. Everyone peaked above 100k dps, even the tank that was tanking the boss. After hero ended the boss was on 69%.
Hespherus

Postby stevos » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:56 am

Anyone work out how the dps increasing buff actually works?

I have read that some people were getting it upto 40%, but we couldn't seem to control it no matter what we did.

We tried fast healers and big heals, we tried sending 1 dps 2 healers in and bomb healing then, and no matter what we did we ended up with around 20% buff.

We also tried stacking it, by sending the same person in each time, but that didn't work either.
stevos

Postby Schroom » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:18 am

thanks Treck. This explained why people think BloodDKs aren't as good for this fight as Warriors or Monks.

No we know our possibilities and can work with it ;-)
Schroom

Postby frontallobe » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:33 am

Some notes -
- We had to save raid cooldowns for when our Monk was tanking. His damage seemed to be way more spiky than when I was tanking.
- Most important thing for us was to send in two types of DPS. A dot class and a burst class to the spirit world.
- I made sure I had wings and 3 holy power up for when I went in to kill my add the first time. After that Vengeance will carry you.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Jaitee » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:54 am

found a great thing for this fight when off tanking taunting the boss will give you 26K vengeance allowing you too keep doing decent damage while off tanking
casting divine shield will also not cause the boss to stop attacking you (atleast during the pre 20% phase i think it drops aggro during the frenzy phase) but will stop all damage meaning no voodoo damage from you!

things to note is that casting divine protection and ardent defender with less then 4 seconds till the next shadowy attacks will let it cover 2 attacks instead of 1 GoAK will always cover 2 no matter when you cast it and keeping sacred shield up on the off tank when you aren't tanking will help reduce melee damage on him and therefore voodoo damage but have no affect on shadowy attacks
Jaitee

Postby Treck » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:25 am

Bubble AND Hand of Protection both work as damage negators, and can be spammed on the tanks if you wish.
If you have a couple of paladins in the raid, and they all take the clemency talent, you can reduce the damage by a lot.
Think the special attacks still go through tho.
Treck

Postby Juugimus » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:17 am

When he enrages, he takes at least two seconds to emote/yell at you before insta-killing your raid.

We know this because we killed him a second after his enrage and right as he finished his sentence :shock:

Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Bubble? doesn't the boss ignore your aggro when you're immune?
Schroom

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)