Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:46 am

Flex wrote:Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Good!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Lieris » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:52 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Don't the "Cutting Edge" achievements make up for the whole nerf-content-over-time thing, anyway? I mean, you do the content the hard way, you get an achievement that says and will always say you did it that way, and no one who raids nerfed content gets the same. Problem solved?

I don't care for such achievements and I have never been bothered about the concept of nerfs: I think they are a necessary thing and are a good thing for the game when done well. If Heroic is now something everybody gets shepherded through with monthly nerfs to everything that I don't like.

I remember back in TBC (I imagine it was the same in Vanilla) the whole raid being so excited at progressing further into an instance. Being able to see a new room, a new boss, even a new trash pack was reward enough. It felt like a shared adventure. It didn't matter if the world first was 6 months ago, it still felt fantastic.

Now you see everything there is to see on week 1 either on normal or LFR. Hard modes can be very challenging and that is enjoyable but the excitement, wonder and rushes of adrenaline are gone because killing the same boss but with an extra add/debuff and less margin of error really isn't very compelling content. I don't think a FOS suddenly changes that.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:03 am

What's the polite and diplomatic way to tell your boss:

"I don't want my photograph taken and sent to our sister center. I don't want to answer personal questions, no matter how harmless, and have that sent to our sister center. I don't like the majority of people over there, and whether or not they know what I look like has no bearing on my job - especially since they're in CO and we're in AZ. Whether or not they know what my biggest accomplishment is, or what's on my iPod also has no bearing on my job. So no, I don't want to participate. Because frankly, it's stupid."
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:55 am

sounds good...you know up until the last part....:?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:20 pm

had to clean after someone else's shit -- so fed up with work orders that if the pope himself were to come to me and ask me to plug the rj45 cable of his ip phone to a network drop in exchange for irrefutable proof of god's existance, I'd say no.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Crithto
Community Manager
Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made tweaks and changes to the system to make it more interesting and to give players access to unique items. For example, we recently hotfixed the game to apply a change to some reputation items which you can read about in our recently updated blog that allows players to purchase certain items much sooner. And we're not done!

Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Here's a simplified break down:

Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
???
Profit

We’ll keep you posted as this change is closer to being implemented. In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230
Last edited by Klaudandus on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
---
Klaudandus

Postby mavfin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:25 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction:

All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction

The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
???
Profit

So this is a frustration? Or were you going to explain? :D
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:03 pm

mavfin wrote:So this is a frustration? Or were you going to explain? :D

Technically, its a success, i just posted it as a follow-up to Flex' post on the rep changes, from a couple of pages back

I just happened to post from my iPad on the go and it ate my formatting...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Got Stone Guard down and used one of my elder coins and won the spirit helm. Was pretty hyped until I walked over to the corpse and saw the same helm also on the boss. Doh. At least I didn't have to use dkp for it I guess.

Edit: and for the sake of not double posting it's the third raid night of the expansion and I already want to stop raiding. And my guild wants to do 25s.. haha yeah right..
Teranoid

Postby Sagara » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:38 am

Tried DPS'ing Shado-pan without reading any strat first. We one-shot everything, but...

Good point for Blizz though: I intuited a lot from what the adds before the bosses did, and the rest was standart practice.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:55 am

I've done every heroic except Scarlet Monastery and Gate of the Setting Sun, and went in all of them blind. I know that feeling.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:03 am

After having been Raid lead 4 years and being the only one KNOWING the fights coming in, I just can't get why people wouldn't want to spend 15 minutes to avoid that feeling (and the RL's ulcer).
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:24 am

Usually I do prefer to know. But then I'd not get around to running the instances for ages - in this case I was asked to come along by guildies so said okay, and didn't have time to research.

Definately would know at least the Dungeon Journal summaries before trying a raid boss.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Amshel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:25 am

You can't replace someone who drops group or requeue when you're in a scenario. That's pretty damn lame. but I did duo it with a nice priest, i think we had a thing going, i'll look for his/her missed connection.

also 100 rep per daily makes me wanna cry deeply. everything about this in comparison to previous expansions feels draining.
Amshel

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:27 am

100? Which ones are those? (I haven't been paying attention, but noticed Klaxxi gives relatively low 143 per.)

I've already started feeling burned out on dailies, so started not doing them all every day...

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General