Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Postby theckhd » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:20 pm

lakhesis wrote:Their solution is horrendously kneejerk though. And Holy Wrath is a terrible place to add compensatory damage.

I actually disagree. AS and HW were the places I would have put that damage too (assuming CS/HotR are off-limits because of Ret). AS ought to be hitting hard to make it a fun button to push. HW having higher damage makes it much more useful for snap aggro on groups of trash thanks to its annoying damage-splitting mechanic (which really ought to go now that it's prot-only).

It never made any sense to me that Consecration hit a single target harder than either AS or (to a lesser extent) Holy Wrath. Now it doesn't.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Passionario » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:27 am

masterpoobaa wrote:Hammer of Wrath > Divine Storm > HotR > Divine Storm > Hammer of Wrath > Divine Storm > Exorcism > Divine storm is FUN.

Get on the boat, Bolvar.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby degre » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:03 am

KysenMurrin wrote:IIRC they added it to Shield of the Templar (right name?) talent during WotLK, 3 sec silence on all targets, and it's been that way ever since.

Crap... apologies, my bad memory then, I was seriously convinced that was only an interrupt, only came back with DS and there wasn't much to silence anyway, must have missed the memo.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:45 am

degre wrote:must have missed the memo.
/spoken in Apple commercial narrator voice
There's a thread for that.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby lakhesis » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:38 am

theckhd wrote:
lakhesis wrote:Their solution is horrendously kneejerk though. And Holy Wrath is a terrible place to add compensatory damage.

I actually disagree. AS and HW were the places I would have put that damage too (assuming CS/HotR are off-limits because of Ret). AS ought to be hitting hard to make it a fun button to push. HW having higher damage makes it much more useful for snap aggro on groups of trash thanks to its annoying damage-splitting mechanic (which really ought to go now that it's prot-only).

It never made any sense to me that Consecration hit a single target harder than either AS or (to a lesser extent) Holy Wrath. Now it doesn't.

Absolutely agree on AS, and I'd have been looking in the direction of CS/HotR for a boost.

I don't think that having the high prio builders being our weakest snap threat is a good setup - it's unintuitive and a significant contributor to backloading our threat. A trap for those who don't know their DPCTs. They're understandably reluctant to vary base abilities between specs, but I think they should bite the bullet on that one.

I'm sentimentally fond of Consecration, but agree that it should be low prio outside aoe. I'm not really a fan of Holy Wrath... most of the time it's just a precursor to wanting to place Consecration. They could get close to the same effect by putting a significantly boosted first tick on Cons. Unfortunately the time for that sort of rotational modification has probably passed.
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby Treck » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:36 am

IF they can make SoT do 80% less damage as prot only, im sure they can make CS/HotR do +100% more dmg as prot (100% as an example)
If they really are concerned about not buffing protpaladins abilities cause it will affect ret as well.
Treck

Postby Darielle » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:28 pm

(assuming CS/HotR are off-limits because of Ret)

I don't see why they would be - since Blizzard have done a fairly decent job at separating the two entirely.
Darielle

Postby econ21 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:07 am

After protesting earlier in the thread, I have now come round to Seal of Insight tanking.

The hotfix has nudged me to use it for soloing, which is where it really shines. Before, using SoT, I'd died to a rare elite and as a corpse watched a DK take him down effortlessly. Since the patch, I've also done the same. Before, tanking three Golden Lotus quest mobs had brought my health down worryingly low (WoG just did not seem enough alone) - now, I ride around to aggro as many as possible and AOE them down with little risk.

I haven't had much experience of MoP instances but did about 30% of the healing (with SoI and battle healer) in some guild chain-run heroics last night. We were all pretty new, so the healing requirement was intense in some places (just read about a nerf to Monastery trash between Sha of Violence and Taran Zhu - it was rather nasty).
econ21

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:11 am

They seem to have nerfed Taran Zhu himself, too.

Minor hotfix noticed: Lesser Charms of Good Fortune stack to 180 now instead of 90.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenris » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:16 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Minor hotfix noticed: Lesser Charms of Good Fortune stack to 180 now instead of 90.

Yep,noticed that one too today

Still stupid (i already turned in my weekly 90,i already have 370 more <.<) but at least at half the stupidity-rate compared to before
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:18 am

Yeah, I've turned in two weeks worth since launch and still have about 200 of them.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenris » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:21 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, I've turned in two weeks worth since launch and still have about 200 of them.

Turned 180 in too,and still..

The system is stupid because doing dailies everyday you get at min. 40-50 (probably more) ,so after 2 days it basically turns into a "manage crap that takes places in your bags for nothing" thing.

Not long before i'll have to start destroying some of them...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:08 am

I'll just bank em. Once you've exalted on all the reps, you can use your bankload for most of the weekly and only do the dailies you're actually interested in.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenris » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:59 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:I'll just bank em. Once you've exalted on all the reps, you can use your bankload for most of the weekly and only do the dailies you're actually interested in.

That if you are lucky to have free bank space

I'm not :cry:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby halabar » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Fenris wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:I'll just bank em. Once you've exalted on all the reps, you can use your bankload for most of the weekly and only do the dailies you're actually interested in.

That if you are lucky to have free bank space

I'm not :cry:

Considering they convert to free loot rolls, you'd trash them? You can find space somewhere.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General