Remove Advertisements

White Tiger Tier Displaying Wrong Graphics?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: White Tiger Tier Displaying Wrong Graphics?

Postby Darielle » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:26 pm

^ Most people will have done maybe 2-3 rolls at this point, 6 max. Even with friends involved for anecdotal evidence, sample sizes aren't exactly huge.
Darielle

Postby lakhesis » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Treck wrote:Sha is suppose to be like LFR loot from what I understood, and LFR loot is not specc specific.
Unless theres a bluepost confirming its only suppose to give you what you are currently specced at (that i missed) I see no reason to think its not the same system.
For using the coins however, people are saying that IS specc specific, and so far none i know have gotten loot for the "wrong" specc in that, but Im still not convinced.
Maybe it has higher chance to be your specc, maybe it always had we just didnt think about it.

Actually it is spec specific I believe. I don't think there's been a revision since the March Dev Watercooler which said:

"For each player who wins loot, the game randomly assigns them a spec-appropriate item from that boss’s loot table. This subset contains only items that the game (meaning the designers in this case) thinks are appropriate for your class and current spec."

Now they were talking about LFR there, and didn't expressly say that it was identical for the world boss implementations of the system, but I believe it's meant to be identical(?). He went on to talk about it not being an appropriate avenue for offspec or transmog gear.

The PVP gear is invariably arguable. I spose the ret pants are great prot stats, you'd just assume they're offspec prettymuch by definition. And the in-game loot list says we can get ret legs, prot legs & prot hands, but we can't get ret hands (crit/exp)... so they may be doing it by appropriate secondaries + pvp gear. But that's pretty broad definition of "spec-appropriate" :?

But the t13 look is just flat out weird.

PS. Remember that the gold coins are a weekly quest of 90 silver -> 3 gold, and you can only have a max of 10 gold coins. So you'll need to find something to spend at least a couple on early.
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Lakhesis are you talking about extra loot rolls or just regular drops from Sha?

If you are referring to regular loot from Sha drops, then I can assure you that I got ret gloves while prot specced. I do not consider a ret item a spec appropriate item when my main spec is prot and my os is holy.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:30 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Lakhesis are you talking about extra loot rolls or just regular drops from Sha?

If you are referring to regular loot from Sha drops, then I can assure you that I got ret gloves while prot specced. I do not consider a ret item a spec appropriate item when my main spec is prot and my os is holy.

Ret tier gloves? Or non-tier gloves? Because I could see them coding prot being eligible for anything with some combination of hit/exp/haste/mastery (basically, anything that doesn't have crit).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:56 pm

A friend of mine just got ret legs while specced prot from normal loot... The stats are actually awesome for prot, but still.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lakhesis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:20 am

Nikachelle wrote:Lakhesis are you talking about extra loot rolls or just regular drops from Sha?

I'm talking about the regular drops from Sha, not extra rolls. My experience with the ret legs was exactly identical to yours.

The loot list I'm referring to is the Dungeon Journal loot table on my tankadin, with it set to show Protection gear.

On that setting, it lists the Prot Legs + Gloves, Ret Pants, 2x PVP str boots, PVP str ring, 2x PVP str belt, PVP str gloves, 2x PVP str wrists, PVP str back, mount & cache. All the PVP stuff is 483 malevolent gladiator & some of it isn't horrendous (e.g. hit/mast, hit/haste, haste/mast).

But it doesn't include the Ret Gloves - did you get them as well as the pants? I can vaguely understand the ret pants, but the ret tier gloves dropping for prot would just be silly imo. Not a fan of off-spec or pvp drops, although I can understand why they might try to make Sha's loot table broader & more mediocre.
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:53 am

My mistake, I meant ret tier legs, not the gloves.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:42 pm

All fixed now! Wooohooo!

Not sure how much I love the "I just dragged my pants through a wood chipper" look going on at the bottom... but it's certainly better than still being in DS gear!

Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:49 pm

The Deepwater Greatboots still don't use the model they were obviously made for, though.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General