Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Era » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:10 pm

Urges to play WoW (I quit).
I want to return, but I know the game doesn't really love me and won't treat me the way I deserve.

"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Lieris » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Era wrote:Urges to play WoW (I quit).
I want to return, but I know the game doesn't really love me and won't treat me the way I deserve.

I quit too and while I am sure I would enjoy levelling to 90 I am sticking to my guns. If you want the game to change you should stick to yours.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 pm

For some reason, my warrior buddy kept peeling the boss off of me.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:35 am

Yea...I dunno what it is about warriors and doing just as much threat as me. I wonder if they're still in D stance without realizing it.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:03 am

It's a common issue for dualspecced warriors to not notice they are still in Def stance. Have had it happen to our guildies a few times as well (also the other way around, tank in battle stance)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:18 am

Lieris wrote:I quit too and while I am sure I would enjoy levelling to 90 I am sticking to my guns. If you want the game to change you should stick to yours.

Yeah. I don't see myself returning this expansion. Maybe the next, if it seems interesting.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby degre » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:08 am

Lieris wrote:

I quit too and while I am sure I would enjoy levelling to 90 I am sticking to my guns. If you want the game to change you should stick to yours.

Don't think will change much with you people leaving, apparently many more like it.

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/pr ... id=6147208
'...he game’s global player base passed 10 million subscribers, with growth across all major regions.'

Nothing personal, if you want to leave it's your call, I respect your choice and mostly I don't care, just a statement.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby mavfin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:58 am

degre wrote:
Lieris wrote:

Don't think will change much with you people leaving, apparently many more like it.

'...he game’s global player base passed 10 million subscribers, with growth across all major regions.'

Nothing personal, if you want to leave it's your call, I respect your choice and mostly I don't care, just a statement.

Yeah, I think the game has moved on past some of you. I wouldn't expect the game to conform to your niche. I'd find another that embraces what you want if I were you two (Lieris and Era). The game's *never again* going to do all the special things you want just for raiders.

(Not trying to be insulting. If you don't wish to come back, that's your prerogative. I just wouldn't expect the game to change to fit your wishes.)
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Winkle » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:11 am

Completed Glory of the Pandaria Hero, received sexy new Cloud Serpent mount, can't ride it because I'm not exalted with the Cloud Serpent faction....doh!
Winkle

Postby Era » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:19 am

I feel the reposts of my original post loses some of it's value when it gets reposted without the "I'm a pretty princess"-picture that came with it. >_>

Anyway, yeah, I understand that the game is headed in a more casual direction and that it's not likely to turn back - But I still don't understand why it's not possible to "love everyone equally", let the hardcores have some fun and not just pamper the average player. Anyone who's ever accomplished something in life knows that it hurts when your accomplishments get diminished in some manner. I'm fairly sure Usain Bolt would be quite pissed if the required running distance was nerfed with 30% down to 70 meters and everyone who completed the new distance at his old time or better got to call themselves world champions. Sure, he could just re-do it faster than the rest, but he'd still only get the same reward as the rest. What's the point of competition if there's no winner? What's the point of doing challenging things if there's no challenge? Then you're just doing things. Sheep do things. I don't to be a sheep, I want to be a pretty princess (see aforementioned picture) and accomplish things to the best of my ability.

I realise this discussion is as dead a horse as dead horses get, but a world that discourages competition is a world that'll get left behind. It's a concept that holds true in a simulated world as much as it does for the real world.

I don't expect the game to conform to my niche, I humbly beg it to not exclude my niche.
Era

Postby Flex » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:58 am

Era wrote:I don't expect the game to conform to my niche, I humbly beg it to not exclude my niche.

What is your niche? Challenge for challenge sake or challenge for greater reward? Sounds like it is greater reward, not sure that has been Blizzard's design goal since removing the attunement requirements for Tier 5 and 6.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:01 am

Don't the "Cutting Edge" achievements make up for the whole nerf-content-over-time thing, anyway? I mean, you do the content the hard way, you get an achievement that says and will always say you did it that way, and no one who raids nerfed content gets the same. Problem solved?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Era » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:05 am

For me they go hand in hand. I love challenge in itself, but I also feel that rewards should be somewhat proportional to the challenge.
That's a related frustration: Complete a big jumping puzzle in GW2; rewarded with junk items. :( :(

Anyway, I really didn't mean to bring this discussion up again; I honestly don't see it going anywhere productive.
I have nothing against people who quit, people who didn't quit, or Blizzard for that matter. Each to their own!

EDIT: Yeah Kysen, that's a good addition. :)
Era

Postby Lieris » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 am

degre wrote:Don't think will change much with you people leaving, apparently many more like it.

We'll see in a year's time if they can sustain those numbers.

It's not like I have deleted my character; if MOP turns out to be good I will buy it. I want the game to be good. Cataclysm wasn't so I am taking a step back to see if Blizzard can give the game the care and attention it deserves. If over the last year I had Abyssal Maw and War of the Ancients raids and a *proper* destruction of Theramore event to keep me busy then I would still be playing. I just can't muster up the enthusiasm, I don't want to playing just out of habit.

I don't care for the "casual vs hardcore" debate. Even when I was raiding I played less hours a week than most of the "casuals" on my friend list. It's a false dichotomy. I want to see Azeroth, the story, the major characters come to life in an MMO and have that feeling of adventure and of the unknown back again; not have all the new lore be in books and not shown in-game while Blizzard drag out a mediocre raid instance of recycled locations and models for 10 months.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:44 am

Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General