All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:41 am

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:The problem I had with that is that they were trying for me to empathize/feel sorry for them. Am I really supposed to feel sorry for these people?


yea, that boxer who was blinded, made deaf and disabled in the ring, what a fucking jackass he was.

On the other hand an NFL player who plays for three years, making league minimum going broke because his entire life was spent honing his football skills not his life skills is sad.

The situations are sad and depressing. Andre Rison himself? Less so.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I dont know what i would do without your help.

The topic was guys who earn millions and blow it all up in god knows what, that is the people i have no sympathy for.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11145
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Flex » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 am

Klaudandus wrote:Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I dont know what i would do without your help.


I'm here to help.

The entire sports money system is all kinds of broken, the least of which is giving 20 year olds more money than god. I'm sure it is just a matter of time before the University of Maryland's football and basketball teams get punished for its ties to Underarmor and AAU recruiting.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:19 am

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I dont know what i would do without your help.


I'm here to help.

The entire sports money system is all kinds of broken, the least of which is giving 20 year olds more money than god. I'm sure it is just a matter of time before the University of Maryland's football and basketball teams get punished for its ties to Underarmor and AAU recruiting.


Still cant feel empathy for them, i was dirt poor thru my childhood, worked my ass off in high school and college, finished my degree debt free and by the time i turned 25 i owned two houses.

Disclaimer: cool story, bro
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11145
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:22 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11145
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:02 am

http://outsidetheredzone.com/?p=10042

"If Jeffrey (Loria) doesn't think I'm doing the job I should do ... it's not the first time he's fired a manager. Look yourself in the mirror and ask why so many (expletive) managers come through here." - Ozzie Guillen
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11145
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:35 am

Francona arrived in Cleveland today. "Francona worked as an adviser in Cleveland's front office in 2001 and has said he would like the chance to rejoin the club".

Let me just say right now. I don't care if in 7-9 years it ends up with our starting pitchers drinking beer and eating fried chicken in the clubhouse to a point where they are too greased up to throw quality starts anymore, as long as the next 5-8 years are prosperous, and we win a title.

I know I previously said that I would be ok with Sandy getting the job as well, and I still am ok with it, but if a multiple World Series winning manager wants to manage my team that has come oh so close so many times since the mid 90's, I think I'm going to lean that way.

I mean.... PLEASE Dolan. Get off your duff, open that wallet, spend some cash, and make your fans happy.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6362
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:38 am

I'd not mind if the Indians get Tito and they win a pennant, they do deserve it, plus it helps remind the Boston front office not to fire the wrong guy.

Also, Tito's daughter is hot
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11145
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:45 am

Klaudandus wrote:I'd not mind if the Indians get Tito and they win a pennant, they do deserve it, plus it helps remind the Boston front office not to fire the wrong guy.

Also, Tito's daughter is hot


I'm really hoping that one of the three owners in Cleveland gets it together soon, even though I'm really teetering on not caring much about the Tribe anymore. I just want something to root for. At times it really feels like the Dolan Family is more interested in profit than quality of product.

With Halsam taking over the Browns, I'm curious to see what happens there.

Word on the street is, Gilbert is ready to Comic Sans Fire Byron Scott if he can't make this collection of young kids win. Which would be a mistake. It feels like a reactionary bitter decision because he hasn't drafted a "home run" in the two years since LBJ left. (The team wasn't chock full of amazingness when LBJ was on it... hence... the LOSING)
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6362
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:05 am

I had forgotten Cleveland had an NBA team.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11145
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:56 am

Klaudandus wrote:I had forgotten Cleveland had an NBA team.


There are times when I wish I could.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6362
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:15 pm

So one of the local stations has gone to an evening drive-time show dominated by Lakers talk. Mind you, this is the offseason, the Dodgers and Angels were still in contention for wildcard spots, college football was underway, but they have two yo-yos who do nothing but rehash the same arguments each day about how many game the Lakers will win.

Arrgghh...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:20 pm

halabar wrote:So one of the local stations has gone to an evening drive-time show dominated by Lakers talk. Mind you, this is the offseason, the Dodgers and Angels were still in contention for wildcard spots, college football was underway, but they have two yo-yos who do nothing but rehash the same arguments each day about how many game the Lakers will win.

Arrgghh...


That sounds like Columbus Ohio. Doesn't matter what time of the year it is, whether the Browns, Bengals, Indians, or Reds matter, the talk is always OSU Football.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6362
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: All about sports

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Klaudandus wrote:http://outsidetheredzone.com/?p=10042

"If Jeffrey (Loria) doesn't think I'm doing the job I should do ... it's not the first time he's fired a manager. Look yourself in the mirror and ask why so many (expletive) managers come through here." - Ozzie Guillen

Probably not the smartest thing for Ozzie to say, but that's Ozzie.

Plus he's right. When you fire the manager of the year, who later goes on to win a world series with another team, some self reflection may be in order.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9667
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Re: All about sports

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:http://outsidetheredzone.com/?p=10042

"If Jeffrey (Loria) doesn't think I'm doing the job I should do ... it's not the first time he's fired a manager. Look yourself in the mirror and ask why so many (expletive) managers come through here." - Ozzie Guillen

Probably not the smartest thing for Ozzie to say, but that's Ozzie.

Plus he's right. When you fire the manager of the year, who later goes on to win a world series with another team, some self reflection may be in order.


And then TRADE for Ozzie.. :roll:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:42 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:http://outsidetheredzone.com/?p=10042

"If Jeffrey (Loria) doesn't think I'm doing the job I should do ... it's not the first time he's fired a manager. Look yourself in the mirror and ask why so many (expletive) managers come through here." - Ozzie Guillen

Probably not the smartest thing for Ozzie to say, but that's Ozzie.

Plus he's right. When you fire the manager of the year, who later goes on to win a world series with another team, some self reflection may be in order.


Id hire ozzie as the sawx manager, for the lulz
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11145
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest