All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Flex wrote:
Shoju wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Yes, even if i dont always agree with flex, i am sure we both see the yankees as a common enemy.

No.... I meant... You're ONLY apologizing to Flex and Cal... Picking at how... few... oh nevermind. If you have to explain it, it must not have been funny.

Shiiiii son. They've been selling out week night games for a month now.

Going to watch something that shouldn't be happening (and if you believe all the sabremetric types, the O's shouldn't be winning), and being a fan are two different things.

It's ok. I am not sure if I will remain a tribe fan much longer. This offseason, and how they handle it, will decide If I continue to care or not. I've had more fun rooting for the rays.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:42 pm

are you also gonna become a bucs fan? Schiano is not a bad coach and their games seem more interesting than the browns' =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Klaudandus wrote:are you also gonna become a bucs fan? Schiano is not a bad coach and their games seem more interesting than the browns' =P

Doubtful. I don't have a connection to the Bucs. I was there for the first opening game at the Trop. I've always "sort of" kept track of the Rays. It was also something that I could talk about with my Grandfather.

No, I'm still following Manning. even if it is painful to root for the Broncos. I'm just excited I get to watch the game this week. (it's my sunday afternoon game)
Shoju

Postby Flex » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Shoju wrote:Going to watch something that shouldn't be happening (and if you believe all the sabremetric types, the O's shouldn't be winning), and being a fan are two different things.

Baltimore is a fantastic baseball town, just fantastic baseball hasn't been around for over a decade.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby katraya » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Oh, right...

Wasn't there another maryland native here on the forums?

We went to games way before they were playing well. I'm just sad I can't score great seats for $20 anymore. I may have to sell a kidney to go to Opening Day again next year.

ETA: Photographic Proof

Last edited by katraya on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Camden Yards is a beautiful stadium too.

I personally love The Ballpark -- Hate Minute Maid Park tho... a hill, and a pole right in centerfield!? That's about as stupid as having bronze busts in Left Field! Oh wait...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:11 pm

katraya wrote:

We went to games way before they were playing well. I'm just sad I can't score great seats for $20 anymore. I may have to sell a kidney to go to Opening Day again next year.

Meanwhile, you can find lower deck tickets for the Browns as cheap as $10 on sunday morning =P
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
katraya wrote:

Meanwhile, you can find lower deck tickets for the Browns as cheap as $10 on sunday morning =P

Because Cleveland used to be a rabid fanbase that an idiot owner has all but destroyed. I don't know if Haslam truly knows what he is getting into. There is 17 years of negativity surrounding what was once one of the best football teams in terms of fanbases.

If Haslam can't get it right, I'd almost rather they kill the browns off for good.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:52 pm

katraya wrote:

ETA: Photographic Proof

Dude could be an actor. He knows how to get the product name on camera.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Shoju wrote:Because Cleveland used to be a rabid fanbase that an idiot owner has all but destroyed. I don't know if Haslam truly knows what he is getting into. There is 17 years of negativity surrounding what was once one of the best football teams in terms of fanbases.

If Haslam can't get it right, I'd almost rather they kill the browns off for good.
Out of curiosity, do you happen to know what you can scalp decent seats for outside the game?

Cleveland certainly had among the best football fan base in the game. Undoubtedly, a rough stretch as long as the current one will cause some issues, but I'd be pretty bummed to hear that the Browns are having troubles selling out and what not.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Cogglamp » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:33 am

Did anybody else watch the new 30 for 30, "Broke"? Some of the stats were interesting and the stories they were telling were pretty good.

I'm always amazed at the financial illiteracy in the world.
Cogglamp

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:36 am

The problem I had with that is that they were trying for me to empathize/feel sorry for them. Am I really supposed to feel sorry for these people?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:55 am

Texas...what a meltdown. That's almost as bad as the world series. Meanwhile, I wonder how Albert feels about missing the playoffs while his old team is in them...you know for a guy that claims it's all about being competitive and not the money. I'm guessing it doesn't bother him nearly as much as it should.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Cogglamp » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:02 am

Klaudandus wrote:The problem I had with that is that they were trying for me to empathize/feel sorry for them. Am I really supposed to feel sorry for these people?

You're not alone in that respect. I was either laughing at how they took everything for granted or shaking my head in disgust at the stupidity.

The stories were good and I was looking at it from an entertainment point of view. From a sympathetic view, they aren't getting any as they were essentially their own golden goose and they squandered that opportunity.
Cogglamp

Postby Flex » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 am

Klaudandus wrote:The problem I had with that is that they were trying for me to empathize/feel sorry for them. Am I really supposed to feel sorry for these people?

yea, that boxer who was blinded, made deaf and disabled in the ring, what a fucking jackass he was.

On the other hand an NFL player who plays for three years, making league minimum going broke because his entire life was spent honing his football skills not his life skills is sad.

The situations are sad and depressing. Andre Rison himself? Less so.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General