LGBT rights discussion

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: LGBT rights discussion

Postby Aubade » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Actually no. she deserves worse. She needs to be locked up and forced to read facts and history for the rest of her life.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby katraya » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Passionario wrote:Image

This seriously cracked me up. I'm a terrible person.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:54 am

http://news.yahoo.com/chick-fil-chief-s ... 23795.html

I wonder if they support selling your daughter into slavery or having more than one wife... Hey, Abraham did it!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Brekkie » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Aubade wrote:Actually no. she deserves worse. She needs to be locked up and forced to read facts and history for the rest of her life.

I would happen to ENJOY that! :P
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:44 pm

Klaudandus wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/chick-fil-chief-support-biblical-families-154623795.html

I wonder if they support selling your daughter into slavery or having more than one wife... Hey, Abraham did it!

I wonder if he is going to let his son take his inheritance early so that he can go to vegas, and blow it on strippers and blow, only to welcome him back with opens arms when he's broke.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:51 pm

---
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:43 pm

I like his writing style.

I also read the original article and have known plenty of people that grew up in homes with "traditional" families that didn't feel it was a "safe environment."
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:55 am

Skye1013 wrote:I like his writing style.

I also read the original article and have known plenty of people that grew up in homes with "traditional" families that didn't feel it was a "safe environment."

Traditional Families... Like mine. Where you know.... Every important talk I should have had as a kid boiled down to "Don't do it, or you're going to hell!"

Yep... That's the way to raise kids...
Shoju

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:37 pm

Pretty sure I still haven't had "the birds and the bees" chat with my parents. All I can recall is my mom saying if my sis and I were ever thinking about it... to come talk to her first... but I digress.

My foster sister actually grew up with a "traditional" family. She was more or less a prisoner in the house. Sometime in her early to mid twenties she finally got enough courage to run away and seek help. At the time, she had six or seven brothers and sisters. Not sure if that number has increased because her parents disappeared not too long after they were deemed "fit" to get their kids back from CPS. The oldest son was pretty well brainwashed, the next three were old enough to move away, but the youngest weren't so lucky (ages were from about two years old to late twenties.) I'm not going to type up her entire story here, but even as a single anecdote, it flies in the face of the traditional family argument.

There is no 100% guarantee that just because a family is one way or another that the children will end up the same. But I guess it's okay to have a double standard ("there are exceptions with traditional families, but not with non-traditional ones!"), so long as the status quo is maintained...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:04 am

I have been pretty open about it with my oldest. He's also not dumb, and can do math. He became eligible to get his permit (15 and 1/2) on 9/5.

I turned 33 on 9/18.
His mom will turn 33 in December.

I'm also not dumb, and I know what I did as a teen. I was an idiot. I told him that I don't expect he is going to be a chaste virgin until he's out of college, and find some girl, who is also just as chaste as himself. But, I've tried as hard as I can to make sure that he is at least smart about it. Understanding the importance of both the emotional / psychological side of it, and how to stay healthy, and not a daddy.

I'm not saying that my lack of a sex talk is to blame either. I will say that everything coming down to "DON'T! OR YOU'LL GO TO HELL!" certainly didn't help, and it surely pissed me (and my sister) off. It was almost a competition at times to see who could "Go to HELL!" faster.

I'm pretty sure I won that contest.

But I digress, I think that making sure your kids aren't oblivious is important. That goes for Sex, Puberty, Race, Culture, etc... Don't rely on the interwebz and the tv to teach them and then be surprised when they do dumb shit.
Shoju

Postby Paxen » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:14 am

Klaudandus wrote:Mr Kluwe continues being awesome!

Indeed!

And apparently he's a WoW player as well?
Paxen

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:27 am

---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:10 am

Oh they didn't...

Is that a new thing?
Shoju

Postby Malthrax » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:38 am

What, you've never heard the expression, "nutty as a fruitcake" before?
Malthrax

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Malthrax wrote:What, you've never heard the expression, "nutty as a fruitcake" before?

Yes. I've heard the expression. And I've also heard of people using Fruitcake as a term for Homosexuals (most often men). In light of all the bad press that they have had recently, if that is a new sign, you would think that someone would have told them it was a bad idea.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum