Remove Advertisements

Self cast Holy Prism macro not working

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Self cast Holy Prism macro not working

Postby xstratax » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm

I have been running Holy Prism ( I like it, plus its a good bit of on demand burst and healing), but I have found that I cannot get my macro to self cast it, giving it no AoE Damage benefit. my macro is this;

Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast [mod: shift] !Consecration; !Holy Prism

I have tested the Holy Prism ability in my spellbook by itself, and It will self cast anytime I hold 'Alt', but the macro will only cast it at my target, even when using the '@Self' conditional.

Any ideas?

Edit: It will Self cast only when nothing is targeted, otherwise it will only target cast.
xstratax
Maintankadonor

Re: Self cast Holy Prism macro not working

Postby arlen » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:03 am

Try /cast [@player,mod:shift] Holy Prism; Consecration

This will cast Consecration unless you hold the shift key, which will then cast Holy Prism on yourself.
Last edited by arlen on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
arlen

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:04 am

You can add the target.

/cast [mod: shift] !Consecration; [target=Yourname] !Holy Prism

I have a quite identical macro just with hand of protection instead of consecration.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:42 am

The @player (or even target=player) gives the same functionality of target=yourname with the benefit of being more generic, as "player" will work for any of your toons without having to specify a specific name
jere

Postby xstratax » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:51 am

For some reason earlier the @player wouldnt work for me at all, but now it is. Im not sure if I am being tired and derpy or not, but changing my original macro to:

Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast [mod: alt, @player] !Holy Prism; [mod: shift] !Consecration; !Holy Prism

was the only thing that worked as intended. I really dont recall there being an 'order of operations' for modifier macros before, but there seems to be now. I dont like the idea that I have to code in the already assigned Self Cast button set under my options, but at least it allows me to avoid invalidating half of the functionality of my Talent choice.
xstratax
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Macros using modifiers have always overridden the self-cast modifier, to my knowledge. It will only obey the conditions you set. The only quirk about Alt that really bugs me is that I can't macro it on NUM_PLUS ><
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Zalaria » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:28 am

PsiVen wrote:Macros using modifiers have always overridden the self-cast modifier, to my knowledge. It will only obey the conditions you set. The only quirk about Alt that really bugs me is that I can't macro it on NUM_PLUS ><

My old roommate was setting up his keybinds once, and decided to do Alt with his Function keys. He couldn't figure out for a few days why the F4 one kept crashing WoW...
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby xstratax » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:07 am

lol @ Zalaria

Yeah I know that the macro overrides default buttons, with the exception of keybinds, if you bind a button to Shift+Z and macro shift on your Z if wont do the macroed ability, but whatever is on the button. Thing is Ive had macros where I didnt set a self cast modifier, and just let the default (always alt on my UI) self cast handle that, Prism just happens to be the first ability that doesnt do that(it did though on beta, which is what strikes me as odd)
xstratax
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:42 pm

If I'm not mistaken, the beta goes back to all the default settings until you change them again. Maybe you have something set to that particular keybind on live that wasn't set on beta?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros