Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:09 am

"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Shieldeah » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:13 am

*-* want.
Shieldeah

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:16 am

It came along with the United Nations guild achievement.

Have also completed Lorewalkers, Loremaster of Pandaria, have all profs (including secondary, excluding arch) at 600, and am high enough ilvl for heroics. Not bad for a 3 day weekend.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:59 am

hit 600 with LW, and now we are just missing BS and Archaeology
an officer is working on BS, and as soon as i hit 90 and get flying i will be grinding out Archaeology (as i believe i am the only one with 525+ archy)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:06 am

bldavis wrote:hit 600 with LW, and now we are just missing BS and Archaeology
an officer is working on BS, and as soon as i hit 90 and get flying i will be grinding out Archaeology (as i believe i am the only one with 525+ archy)

Arch takes like 5 hours to level. 50 fragments per item, 180 for rares, combine that with up to 54 fragments per dig site, minimum of 30, and you get a solve at least every 2 digsites.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:43 am

Killed Sha of Anger, got S12 gloves, which're a huge upgrade over my quest greens.

Why do I never see groups forming for the other world boss?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby benebarba » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:40 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Killed Sha of Anger, got S12 gloves, which're a huge upgrade over my quest greens.

someone in a sha of anger group I was in said no one wanted to do Galleon (I think) because the drops weren't as good. I have no idea if that is accurate though.
benebarba

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Galleon drops 496 epic offset pve loot, and nothing but. The Sha drops mostly 483 PvP loot, with a chance at 2 tier slots. Would think they're both good.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Cogglamp » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Questing and leveling have been really rewarding from a game experience. I'm way "behind" in hitting level 90 but I've been enjoying reading the lore, exploring where I can, and trying different things.

The night elf incursion in Karasong Wilds was a really touching quest line. (Almost as good as Crusader Bridenbrad). The chase of Anduin feels right to me. Trying to get out of his father's shadow and finding his own way is pretty cool. The art work for the graphic engine of its age is really pretty amazing.

Only level 88 and I just barely made it to Kun-lai summit. I had forgotten how Blizzard can make things epic. Cata didn't feel epic but I don't blame them as they had to go and re-do everything in Azeroth. In my humble opinion, this really is an epic expansion in the literal sense. I like the feeling of there being so much to do that there isn't a preset way of doing things. The first tier can fall flat on its face and I'd still be in love with this xpac. Thank you Blizzard.
Cogglamp

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:08 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Killed Sha of Anger, got S12 gloves, which're a huge upgrade over my quest greens.

I believe the other world boss is on a much much lower spawn rate than the Sha of Anger.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby beornus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:24 pm

600 on all my professions - BS, Mining and all the secondaries

I should have kept quiet and thought a fool then to have typed and removed all doubt.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Postby Holyblaze » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:36 pm

I am with you 100% Cogg. Love this Xpac! Everything that I fell in love with back in Beta of Vanilla is back in my heart! Having to run for my life just to explore and find a new flight point is EPIC indeed.

I feel like this game could go on a few more years and I would be glad to pay for those Xpac's any time. haha as long as they were as well thought out and planned MoP is. Seems like such a small new land, but it FEELS HUGE and unending. The fact that Everything is so big leaves me feeling like I need to prove that my blade is worthy to be called a hero's blade.

I took all last week off to play, and boy howdy have I! I only work today and will be in Vegas the rest of this week, but man all, I sure will miss playing!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:59 pm

Long weekend yay!

Upgraded the heart of my PC:

Old:
E6600 Core2Duo running OC at 3.2Ghz.
Dual Channel 2x2Gb DDR2 PC800.
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 (socket 775)

New:
I7-3930K (currently not overclocked) 3.2Ghz to 3.8Ghz depending on load.
Quad channel 4x4Gb DDR3 PC2133.
Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4

HOLY CRAP WoW runs sooooo much faster and smoother.
Can do so many things at once. So sweet.
Took most of 1 day to debuild the old system and build the new one.
CPU cooler is so massive it *just* fits in the case.
Had a few teething troubles getting windows installed, as I run RAID1 on the main controller, had to go hunting for drivers to preinstall so that windows would behave. (1x128Gb SSD and 2x2Tb in raid1)

Was able to get back into WoW suprisingly quickly. Copied Vanilla/BC/LK from CD to Hard drive, installed from there, ran WoW, started 18Gb update, got playing within 30mins (admittedly with long load times as the update was still in progress).
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Cogglamp wrote:The chase of Anduin feels right to me. Trying to get out of his father's shadow and finding his own way is pretty cool. The art work for the graphic engine of its age is really pretty amazing.

Anduin is a friggin' awesome priest too. Didn't realize that he was until he started smiting shit, bubbling, and fearing (though I've been told Twilight Highlands should have revealed that to me before, but that's been so long ago, I don't remember it.) Some are claiming that he's a pally/priest hybrid, but the only thing that might be pally are his wings. However, priests get those as well (Archangel), so I'm skeptical.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:16 pm

It's not so much the wings as the graphic for the wings used. Disc wings are distinctly different in looks than paladin wings. Paladins get more of an "upright" wing graphic, as opposed to disc who gets more of an "extended" wing graphic.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General