Remove Advertisements

Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby halabar » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:28 am

Will be interesting to see the wave in ore prices this weekend. I'm expecting a boost on Friday as new players suck up all the supply, another boost Sat morning for the same reason, and then a gradual crash as the kids that farm bury the AH in supply.

I'm at 7200 in ore sales, would be higher but I leveled some of my Eng and JC.

Took a look at pet prices, and I may sit on the bench for a while on this. the unwashed masses have started dumping every pet under the sun, at prices that make it not worth me getting seriously in that market. I might have to wait for supplies to dry up before going after it. I'm even considering flipping some pets. Saw the clockwork gnome for 1500, and even the magical crawdad for 1500. I'd sell mine, but not that cheap. So when the masses have sold off their rares cheap, there might be room to make some real money from this. But not yet... (will watch this weekend to see if there's a sudden demand from the new players first hitting it).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Levelled up my Alchemy today and think I got pretty much every recipe discovered. Taking a chance on Living Steel, dunno if it's selling yet but right now the price of one bar is way, way over the cost of 60 ghost iron bars to transmute.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:33 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Levelled up my Alchemy today and think I got pretty much every recipe discovered. Taking a chance on Living Steel, dunno if it's selling yet but right now the price of one bar is way, way over the cost of 60 ghost iron bars to transmute.

Sales might be slow until the crafters that can use it catch up. Danger is that the masses might panic and dump because of that if they don't get immediate sales. If you have the pockets and the bars are cheap enough, you might want to suck some up to prevent flooding.

halabar

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:12 am

Okay fellow Goblins.

I sold alot of stacks of ore for 100g an ore in the first few hours. Went to bed at 6:30am server time and BAM! By the end of the fisrt full day in MoP..the ore was down to 10g each. WTF! So much supply out there. I almost lvl by mining! I think that they might nerf the node spawn rates like they did in Cata. haha hell...even cloth is droping for me like rain!

I have sold 2 living steel's for 4500g each! LOVE IT! Wish I had more ALchy's now. haha BAH!

With the price of ore and cloth so low I have lvled BS, Engie and Tailoring. LW even. SO DAMN LOW ON MAT COSTS!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Flex » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:30 am

Holyblaze wrote:With the price of ore and cloth so low I have lvled BS, Engie and Tailoring. LW even. SO DAMN LOW ON MAT COSTS!

My theory is that they designed node spawns around "getting what you need without farming."
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:42 am

They're low on a relative basis but anything over 50g a stack is pretty good. Most of my realms are still chugging along at 75-150g/stack.

There are still gross inefficiencies right now. Most of them being in the enchanting market with the ability to convert materials (especially Essences) in certain directions. Sha leather to Exotic leather hasn't been fully flushed out and neither has cloth/bolts and prospecting of gems. Enchants are beginning to move which is nice so establishing your market price is important.

It's still been a gold bonanza. You have to do a little more work than we did in Cata but the profits are still there.
Cogglamp

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Sold 2 Living Steel to a buyer who offered 2500. Market price was around 2800 a the time but not selling, and the mats are 750g (250g per stack of Ghost Iron Bar, 2 ore is about same price as bars atm so I don't bother smelting), so making 1750g a bar, not bad.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby oldboyz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:13 am

same on my serveur : massive raw mat at AH while customers are not yet here (the hardcore lv90 ready to raid are very few while they almost all know in their guild the right people to get cheap stuff)

i've bought large stock of ore, around 40k,(all stack under 220po) but not yet any profit in JC and enchant. i xp rather than relist on AH
now ghost iron ore is still around 10-12 po for several day now and still many available
JC : this week end, i've bought all nicer gemms below 200po (around 15k), hope i will get some ROI on it
enchant : market is low. i'm not enought confident to buy all & relist (shuffle can kill me if ore go down)

i find herbs quite expansive : around 6-10po with large large stock on AH (15pages+)
while market not yet ready to buy flask & shoulder enchant (and the first price for it is quite low, i've bought all shoulder enchant below 500po and relist 1k)
i feel very unconfortable with Inscription as glyph market is dead for long (many compet, glyphs are around 50po - margins is too low to be interesting for me)
oldboyz

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:28 am

Large dump of mats on my server, ore is selling decently, but it's not the bonanza that we had in Cata, due to longer time to farm, gates on crafting, and I think less crafting alts. I've been selling some ore, but buying herbs as I can't be bothered to try to level an herber right now while still leveling my mains.

Leather is a real dissapointment. Spent 2 hours skinning on Sat, got 2 of the Hides, 4 stacks of the leather, and 20 stack of the "scraps", only the regular leather sold, far too many skinners out there, prices were way down expect for the hides, but no one is buying those. (Maybe few LW left?..)

As soon as my spriest hits 90, the hunter will go back out to level more, mostly by mining. I saw 5-6 trillium nodes out leveling, so I have an idea where they are now.

Looks like the real money this expac might be later on with the living steel transmutes, flasks, and JC. There's too many people out farming this go around, and the SoH are slowing things down.

halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:45 am

Another thing.. looking at the price dumping, this may also quickly be the expac where I post on Fri, then stay the hell away from the AH until Tuesday. Too many goobers that undercut by 50% or more just to get a quick buck. Really.. I was selling Ghost Iron Dragonlings at 1150, and a few goobers came along and lowered the price to 350. Why? Even if you are making them to level, you still have to wait a little bit for them to sell, dumping the price because they are not selling like the gems did when LFR first hit doesn't mean they won't sell. People are idiots.

halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:55 am

Another thing... Advanced Trade Skill Window crashes WoW every time since some hotfix Blizz did when trying to access for Alchemy.

halabar

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 am

Finally, 6000 JCers on my server cratering the prices of gems. Hope it recovers some once socketed gear is available.

halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:17 am

halabar wrote:Finally, 6000 JCers on my server cratering the prices of gems. Hope it recovers some once socketed gear is available.

if i ever server transfer I think I want to go to Halabar's server
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 am

I've got cloth coming out the wazoo. I managed to cap Tailoring, Enchanting, and First Aid prior to lvl 90 with the amount of cloth I had obtained. Now I've taken to converting it to bolts just so I can save bag space. Currently some of the PvP gear is selling decently (500g for bracers, 750g for belts, 1k for gloves, since I've been the only person posting them.) Not much of the rest has been selling, so I'm guessing those are the big "holes" for clothies at the moment or not as many people crafting them for whatever reason. It's a nice profit margin considering the bolts are ~20g each and cloth was ~1g each last time I checked it. 4x bolts (~80g or ~20g if you pick up the cloth) for 1 pvp piece to sell at 500g+? I'll take it.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:30 am

Someone crashed the enchanting market, most new enchants are 10-20g a piece... some are even less than 1g! (160 haste to gloves)

Also the green boes are 10-20g each.. not worh it..
djlar

PreviousNext

Return to General