Remove Advertisements

Macro Icon not working (#showtooltip)

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Macro Icon not working (#showtooltip)

Postby DisRuptive1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:42 am

I am currently using the following macro:

#showtooltip
/use [mod] Fishing; [nomounted,flyable] !Swift Purple Wind Rider; [nomounted] !Kor'kron Annihilator
/dismount

Ya, ya, I know.

I'm using the "?" icon so that the macro changes between the Swift Purple Wind Rider and the Kor'kron Annihilator based on the situation (worked wonderfully pre-90 going back and forth between Pandaria and Orgrimmar). The problem I'm having with the macro is that it turns into the "?" when I'm mounted. I would like it to display something else when I'm mounted so I tried the following:

#showtooltip [nomounted]; #show Swift Purple Wind Rider
/use [mod] Fishing; [nomounted,flyable] !Swift Purple Wind Rider; [nomounted] !Kor'kron Annihilator
/dismount

However, it didn't work the way I intended. There is something I'm ignorant about. I want the macro to work like normal when I'm unmounted but show something other than "?" when I'm mounted.
DisRuptive1

Re: Macro Icon not working (#showtooltip)

Postby JoeBravo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:54 am

DisRuptive1 wrote:I am currently using the following macro:

#showtooltip
/dismount

Ya, ya, I know.

I'm using the "?" icon so that the macro changes between the Swift Purple Wind Rider and the Kor'kron Annihilator based on the situation (worked wonderfully pre-90 going back and forth between Pandaria and Orgrimmar). The problem I'm having with the macro is that it turns into the "?" when I'm mounted. I would like it to display something else when I'm mounted so I tried the following:

#showtooltip [nomounted]; #show Swift Purple Wind Rider
/dismount

However, it didn't work the way I intended. There is something I'm ignorant about. I want the macro to work like normal when I'm unmounted but show something other than "?" when I'm mounted.

maybe changing the [nomounted] after #show in [mounted]?
and the [?] icon when mounted is working as intended as far as I can see, as there is no spellicon that's viable when you are mounted in that macro, as /dismount doesn't have one.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby jere » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:16 am

Does the following macro give you want you need or does it have some behavior that you don't want (I can't test it until tonight)?

Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/use [mod] Fishing; [flyable] !Swift Purple Wind Rider; !Kor'kron Annihilator
/dismount

I just want to start simple and work from there.
jere

Postby DisRuptive1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:15 am

jere wrote:Does the following macro give you want you need?

I just want to start simple and work from there.

Your macro is actually where I started from (I only recently added in the [mod] part). The issue has existed since Cataclysm but it's only now started to piss me off.

I understand that the entire problem can be solved from just getting rid of "/dismount" and possibly putting that on another key (press one key to mount and another to dismount). But I like having an all-in-1 button for the purposes of getting around (press 1 key to mount up, press it again to dismount; it just feels right). I use this character to farm mining nodes and due to competition I need to dismount and start mining as soon as possible. The game doesn't let you automatically dismount unless you've landed and that just takes a bit too much time and can cause me to lose out on ores (my server has a high Alliance population so I don't feel bad stealing ores from them; I'm Horde).

Now for your macro. The problem with it is that when you click the button you start casting your mount spell even if you're mounted. You'll dismount and start casting the mount spell and be in the same position you were in 1.5 seconds earlier. I had to stop that from happening which meant I had to stop the macro from casting the mount spell while I was still mounted. So I added:

#showtooltip
/dismount

The mod works the way I wanted it to. BUT, it still has a "?" when I'm mounted. I figure I need to do something with the "#show" command but I don't know exactly how it works.
DisRuptive1

Postby Zalaria » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:23 am

#showtooltip accepts conditionals just like the slash commands, or shows what the macro will do if no conditionals are entered.

#showtooltip [mod] Fishing; [flyable] Swift Purple Wind Rider; Kor'kron Annihilator
/dismount

Give that a shot.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:12 pm

I just tested the following tonight and it works good. It doesn't recast the mount when I click it while mounted. It just dismounts (at least with my flyable area mount on the ground...need to find a ground only area to test in as well):

#showtooltip
/cast [mod] Fishing; [flyable] Sandstone Drake; Crimson Deathcharger
/dismount

The mod works the way I wanted it to. BUT, it still has a "?" when I'm mounted. I figure I need to do something with the "#show" command but I don't know exactly how it works.

That's because when you are mounted, none of the options apply. With no options, a ? will appear. That's normal.
jere

Postby DisRuptive1 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:41 am

Zalaria wrote:#showtooltip accepts conditionals just like the slash commands, or shows what the macro will do if no conditionals are entered.

#showtooltip [mod] Fishing; [flyable] Swift Purple Wind Rider; Kor'kron Annihilator

Works as intended thanks.

I ended up changing the "Fishing" part of the macro to cast a Hand of Salvation instead because the macro is utterly useless in combat.
DisRuptive1

Postby Zalaria » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:58 am

/cast [combat] Hand of Salvation; [mod] Fishing; [nomounted,flyable] !Swift Purple Wind Rider; [nomounted] !Kor'kron Annihilator

Might run into character limit if you do too much though
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros