Remove Advertisements

Going for Realm Firsts

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Going for Realm Firsts

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:20 am

Kysen's currently murdering most people on the server for first 90. Horde doesn't even have any 89s (this is very surprising for them) and alliance have a handful of them. Luckily he's the only shaman at 89 and I didn't see any at 88 either. Wooo! \o/
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:02 am

Tried to grab the fishing realm first, got soundly beaten by my own guildmate.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:44 am

Ugh, I'm practically a lvl behind the highest paladin on my realm because of the stupid lag and quest givers not spawning properly.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:50 am

Blargh. I ran out of quests in Dread Wastes, too. Did a round of dailies, still need another 1.5 million.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:44 am

did you skip any zones?

or where you moving right ahead as you lvld?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:05 am

I skipped out of Jade Forest as soon as I hit 86. I did Vot4W until Halfhill, then jumped to Stoneplow & Hidden Master, then did all of the main run of Krasarang. This got me to ~87.15?

In Kun Lai I was on track to be well over 88 by the time I finished. When I abandoned the wrong quest and completely broke one of the quest chains (meaning I didn't get to do any of Zouchin Provice), I was already at 87.75-ish. I got to 88 easily without the missing quests, but Townlong and Dread Wastes just don't have enough quests in them. I think it's bad tuning on Blizzard's part.

It's odd, because Dread Wastes has a lot of quests. Townlong I can understand, it feels a lot shorter. I think they need to reduce xp required 88-90.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:09 am

I did a good portion of Krasarang and all the way up to the Hidden master in Vot4W. I'm prob 3/4 of the way done with Kun Lai and I sit a bit over 72%...I unfortunately did not do any of JF due to the opening BS lag and quest givers not spawning
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:17 am

So about to go into Townlong at 88. I'm at 30.5% into 88 so, which is higher than I was on beta.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Taikishi » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:30 am

Hope you got it Kysen.

I missed server first overall by 7 hours - took 12 hours for a shaman to get 90 on our server. Worse, I missed server first paladin by an hour but was the first Alliance paladin on my server (Khadgar-US) to hit 90. I ran into a lot of problems, though:

* Most people running for server firsts had guild support of some kind. If you looked at my guild roster from midnight PST to about 3:30pm EST, it consisted of myself and 4 monks, two of which were RAF leveling while the other two were doing it the old fashioned way.

* I never set my hearth at any of the inns for any of the hubs so I had travel time. That was just stupid on my part to even neglect it.

* I worked on mining as I leveled to try to get an exp boost. The flip side is it would have taken longer without mining and my Battle Standard.

* I probably took the wrong route in JF by not switching to the Temple of the Jade Serpent quests after helping the Manns. Instead, I continued north toward the monastery, finishing before going to the monastery itself.

* My XP/hour went from just over 5 million from 85-86 to about 3 million 86-87. Here's where I ran into the most problems and made the most mistakes.
1. I left Valley as soon as I hit Mudmug's and ended up having to go back when I ran out of quests in Krasarang. I only had to do 2-3 quests, but had I done them earlier I could have gone straight to Kun Lai.
2. I had to wait on respawns. There weren't many people in the zones but having to wait even a minute or two on wolves, tigers, and hawks, even if I killed other things while waiting, put me behind.
3. Quest items refused to drop. Specifically tigers' blood and serpent heads.
4. I died twice at Temple of the Red Crane because someone aggro'd the elite sha and after they died it decided I was tasty while I was in combat with 2-3 other mobs.
5. I went to the sentinel camp before going to the islands in the south. Mainly a travel time issue.

* I died twice in Kun-Lai due to a rare I didn't see at first while in combat with other mobs at the Terracotta 'camp'. The nearest graveyard was near One Keg.

* I think did things in the wrong path again even - I went north after One Keg instead of following the caravan and I didn't help the alliance camp until later. In retrospect I probably should have gone to the alliance camp, then followed northwest toward Shado-Pan.

* Ran out of quests in Townlong and had to go back to the Shado-pan camp along the wall to hit 89.

* By the time I hit Dread Wastes my DPS had dropped like a rock. I needed to do more research on Ret than I did but, in most cases, it turned out to be as quick for me to grab a handful of mobs as protection in ret gear and aoe them down than it was to fight 1-2 mobs at a time as retribution. I still averaged 6.5 million an hour but when you're short by an hour everything counts.

I'm disappointed at myself for making these mistakes but I'll certainly learn from them and I am pleased that I was at least in the running since I never truly expected to be.
Taikishi

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:51 am

Taikishi wrote:Hope you got it Kysen.

I missed server first overall by 7 hours - took 12 hours for a shaman to get 90 on our server. Worse, I missed server first paladin by an hour but was the first Alliance paladin on my server (Khadgar-US) to hit 90.

I was overall the 4th Alliance character, and realm first Shaman. There really were not a lot of people trying - when I dinged 89 the closest Shaman on the server were both 87. It took 16 hours overall, with an hour sat on the chopper for the first quest, and a lot of issues of hunting for quests to fill out xp.

* Most people running for server firsts had guild support of some kind. If you looked at my guild roster from midnight PST to about 3:30pm EST, it consisted of myself and 4 monks, two of which were RAF leveling while the other two were doing it the old fashioned way.

The server first Paladin and Rogue were guilded and running together. I was alone apart from some very early Jade Forest stuff (Jade Forest was pretty ridiculous. After the first few buggy, overloaded quests, I tore through the place very fast). Probably would have made a difference if I was on a more populated server with more people attempting it.

* I never set my hearth at any of the inns for any of the hubs so I had travel time. That was just stupid on my part to even neglect it.

Yeah, this was a big thing. Dawn's Blossom for running off to Vot4W soon as you ding (you even have a quest to talk to the innkeeper), Pang's Stead in Vot4W for when you go to Krasarang and then when you head to KLS, One-Keg is essential in KLS (I also used Binan early on), and Klaxxi'vess in Dread Wastes is a major quest hub dead centre in the zone.

Townlong is just a badly designed zone with no hub worth setting hearth in and not enough quests to get you a full level. The individual quests and chains are fine, but there's not enough to it.

* I probably took the wrong route in JF by not switching to the Temple of the Jade Serpent quests after helping the Manns. Instead, I continued north toward the monastery, finishing before going to the monastery itself.

I did the same. The Temple chain has too many talking and riding quests. Dawn's Blossom - Arboretum & defeating the masters - Emperor's Omen - Terrace of Ten Thunders ruins.

1. I left Valley as soon as I hit Mudmug's and ended up having to go back when I ran out of quests in Krasarang. I only had to do 2-3 quests, but had I done them earlier I could have gone straight to Kun Lai.

On my practice run on Sunday I went to Mudmugs, skipped to Stoneplow and the Hidden Master, then KW and had to come back for more. The real thing, I went up to Halfhill before skipping.

2. I had to wait on respawns. There weren't many people in the zones but having to wait even a minute or two on wolves, tigers, and hawks, even if I killed other things while waiting, put me behind.
3. Quest items refused to drop. Specifically tigers' blood and serpent heads.

5. I went to the sentinel camp before going to the islands in the south. Mainly a travel time issue.

I've never done the islands. Hmm.

* I think did things in the wrong path again even - I went north after One Keg instead of following the caravan and I didn't help the alliance camp until later. In retrospect I probably should have gone to the alliance camp, then followed northwest toward Shado-Pan.

My plan was going north through the tombs and Zouchin then hearthing back to One-Keg. It didn't work out only because I broke the quest chain in the tombs by abandoning the very last quest. I went straight east-to-west first time on beta, then realised later the Burlap Trail takes you there naturally.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Metherlance » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:56 am

Not much of use anymore but here's how we did it:

Got realm first paladin, playing only prot. Though we were a group of 5, first grinding dungeons till 88.5 and then doing quests. Missed realm first 90 achievement because another party member didn't have one break and did some quests during that (Jade Serpent's Lorewalker and the Sun boss - bugged couple of times for us and got locked out of LFD for some time because of that). :D Dinged like couple minutes before me. Took like ~13h or so in total, and we had loading screen and disconnect problems during the first hour - hour and half. Our group got realm first 90, paladin, priest, warlock and shaman also.
Last edited by Metherlance on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chromaggus/Metherlance/advanced

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:03 pm

I'm going to assume you mean realm first 90, not 95, but either way, congrats to all!
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:16 am

I was kinda sad. I set my alarm for 2:45am, but overslept till 3:40. At 3:47ish, realm first miner occurred (which is what I was gonna go for since it was pretty easy). Roughly 37 minutes after I logged on, I maxed out my mining. I was pretty annoyed with myself.
jere

Postby Metherlance » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Skye1013 wrote:I'm going to assume you mean realm first 90, not 95, but either way, congrats to all!

Whoops, corrected. :)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chromaggus/Metherlance/advanced

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance

Previous

Return to General