Remove Advertisements

5.0.4 Ret

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

5.0.4 Ret

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:39 am

So what are we looking at in terms of priority for abilities?

Inq > CS > HoW > Judge > Exo > WoG (if glyphed)

I'm seeing higher dps numbers using the Harsh Words glyph than I am just using TV...probably about 7-10k more damage.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Re: 5.0.4 Ret

Postby Levantine » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 am

Inq > TV5 > HoW > Exo > CS > Judge > TV3

That was the priority last time I checked. Exo does a fuckload of damage and everything that doesn't spend HP generates it.
Levantine

Postby Mannstein » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:52 am

Inq > TV5 > HoW > Exo > CS > Judge > TV3

Yup, TV is better that Harsh Words, remember that the TV has the Mastery damage (can't remember the name) :D
I'm full BIS but i think thats true even for less equiped.

I'm doing slightly more damage, but rogues\mages and everything else is dooing a butload more damage.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:24 am

What the 2 posters above say is correct.

I'm still unsure about what level 75 talent is better. Most sites advice Sanctified Wrath, but some other instead say Holy Avenger or even Divine Purpose.
Wtb a ret-theck.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Proudfoot » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Worldie wrote:I'm still unsure about what level 75 talent is better. Most sites advice Sanctified Wrath, but some other instead say Holy Avenger or even Divine Purpose.
Wtb a ret-theck.

I would prefer if Divine Purpose were the "sustained" damage talent, Holy Avenger was the "burst" one, and maybe Sanctified Wrath were preferable for PVP. That way you could swap out on a per fight basis.
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby Treck » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:41 am

Sanctified Wrath is best for ret, with Divine purpose second.
A 30sec AW is pretty sick during bloodlust, holy avenger just seems to come out pretty bad for ret currently.
Personally I like Divine Purpose, but thats due to soloing as well, since WoG proccing like mad.
Treck

Postby rodos » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Treck wrote:Sanctified Wrath is best for ret, with Divine purpose second.
A 30sec AW is pretty sick during bloodlust, holy avenger just seems to come out pretty bad for ret currently.
Personally I like Divine Purpose, but thats due to soloing as well, since WoG proccing like mad.

Divine Purpose is great for solo play. Between using procs for WoG and instant FoLs ret is pretty indestructible. In a raid dps situation, I found that it complicates the rotation somewhat. It might be a good boost if you can handle it well, but I don't think I can.

Holy Avenger is situationally useful if heavy AoE burst is required (e.g. Yor red/yellow/black, bloods on Madness), since it allows you to have a full AoE rotation of HotR->DS. Swapping talents is so easy now, and even cheaper than swapping glyphs pre-5.0, that it's probably worth tuning them to the encounter.
rodos

Postby Beeswax » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:28 am

hello,

I've never really played RET. Always been prot 100% of the time. I figured I'd level MoP as ret, so I swapped over and made weakauras for all the relevant spells. BUT...i have a deadspot in my rotation. Can someone tell me if I missed something. Here is how i start a fight.

Exo, J, CS, WAIT, J, CS, INQ(3), Wait, J, CS, Exo, wait, J, CS, TV(5), wait ...

What am I missing that there is a wait in the rotation?
Beeswax

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 am

Deadspots are normal and happen in ret rotation, nothing weird in it. However if you get a dead spot in your rotation and you have 3 HP you should use TV.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby econ21 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Beeswax wrote:I figured I'd level MoP as ret, ...

Ditto. Weakauras is ok, but you might want to check out CLCRet, it does it all for you (ok you have to give a priority order). Ret is more "gap-y" than prot, though.

PS: I may be revealing my ignorance here, but in your rotation, why not cast INQ(3) in place of your first WAIT?
econ21

Postby Passionario » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:08 am

Proudfoot wrote:I would prefer if Divine Purpose were the "sustained" damage talent, Holy Avenger was the "burst" one, and maybe Sanctified Wrath were preferable for PVP. That way you could swap out on a per fight basis.

Sanctified Wrath is a risky choice for PvP. Nobody's going to spellsteal your Divine Purpose procs, but 30-second wings are a *very* juicy target.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Cogglamp » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:57 am

I'm pretty sure you can't steal wings anymore.

Now, I'm generally wrong on all my comments so take that with a large dose of salt.
Cogglamp

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Cogglamp wrote:I'm pretty sure you can't steal wings anymore.

Now, I'm generally wrong on all my comments so take that with a large dose of salt.

I haven't checked since 5.0, but it was still possible before then.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:13 am

Beeswax wrote:hello,

I've never really played RET. Always been prot 100% of the time. I figured I'd level MoP as ret, so I swapped over and made weakauras for all the relevant spells. BUT...i have a deadspot in my rotation. Can someone tell me if I missed something. Here is how i start a fight.

Exo, J, CS, WAIT, J, CS, INQ(3), Wait, J, CS, Exo, wait, J, CS, TV(5), wait ...

What am I missing that there is a wait in the rotation?

Sorry for dropping late, but i have found it. What do i win?

Basically you are J>CS... that way you are delaying and not using a buttload of CS.
CS > J => ALLWAYS...

Cheers and Good Retring...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby beornus » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Any value in expertise beyond soft cap for Ret or should I reforge it into haste? Am around 8.9 right now after a few upgrades.

I should have kept quiet and thought a fool then to have typed and removed all doubt.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes