Remove Advertisements

Making Gold on the AH

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Making Gold on the AH

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Since 5.0.4 the price of older Greater essences has gone through the floor.

Vanilla essences 25g down to 10g.
BC essences down below 2g regularly.
LK essences 3g now.

Wondering if I should stockpile or not?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby halabar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:39 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:Since 5.0.4 the price of older Greater essences has gone through the floor.

LK essences 3g now.

Look at the leveling guides and see what's listed, and use that as a guide on what to stock up on.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Found another nice little profit margin.
With the plunge in prices of enchanting matts, I'm able to make a tidy profit on certain enchants like
(Vanilla) Enchant weapon: Crusader or (BC) Mongoose.
Those scrolls still sell for 400-500g each.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Cogglamp » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:58 am

masterpoobaa wrote:Since 5.0.4 the price of older Greater essences has gone through the floor.

LK essences 3g now.

It's a long term play. You'll see some short term downward pressure from all the monks/re-rolls plowing through the same content and providing more materials but I fully expect them to recover at previous prices plus some appreciation due to gold inflation from MoP questing.

I'm stocking up on Vanilla and LK stuff. BC, not so much as it has never been a big money maker for me. The sheer amount of materials you need for LK enchanting leveling up is pretty stiff and there are never enough high level Vanilla materials since people hop to BC the moment they hit 58.
Cogglamp

Postby Cogglamp » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:13 am

Over the next couple of days, everyone is going to be making gobs of money. I'm going to go ahead and give everyone a high five, a gold star, and cookie now and wish everyone a hearty congratulations.

My request is for people to give informative and insightful plays on what you are doing to reap the benefit. Nice mining loop? Upside down market? Market resets? Plans? Something of that nature.

Holyblaze is grandfathered in with "BAM!" "WOOHOO!" "Get dat shiat" and other like kind responses.

Go forth and reap the bounties laid out in front of us as the mists have descended upon man and goblin alike.
Cogglamp

Postby Cogglamp » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:01 am

Incoming obvious tip: Check the AH for people dumping Leatherworking and Blacksmithing leveling items. Enchanting seems to be short stocked on dust/essence at the moment or just post them much higher for people looking for quick gear upgrades.
Cogglamp

Postby halabar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:48 am

Cogglamp wrote:Over the next couple of days, everyone is going to be making gobs of money. I'm going to go ahead and give everyone a high five, a gold star, and cookie now and wish everyone a hearty congratulations.

Along with that, I'm going to offer a cautionary tale. I wanted to move some goodsngold over to ally side. The best choice appeared to be mounts and pets. Well, the mounts went ok, but the pets.. sellers have come out of the woodwork, and I've spent the last month trying to sell them at a good markup. Not going well sofar. Seems that bored folks were doing dailies, and/or moving them from other servers and/or duping them.

Be very careful with pets.

On a side note, for the last month I've been farming the tiny shale spider that Jadefang drops. Tonight I get to find out how it sells as a caged pet, and if it's worth trying to sell it on a different server, and then buy account-bound stuff there. I have 33 of them. :-)

halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:42 pm

Well, missed the early high prices, but those never sell a lot anyway... so got the hunter to 86, a third of that by mining, and farmed up 50ish stacks of ore. Used 2/3 to get Eng to 580, the rest was posted for 450G/stack, we'll see if it sells, I suspect I'll be undercut overnight.

Funny thing was somewhere I picked up 22 kyparite, not sure where I got it, I think it must have been from a rare I killed. I posted that for 300G/ore, so will be interested to see if that sells as well.

Given the ghost ore spawn rates, I suspect the ore prices are gonna come down fast. But my two areas that I scouted on beta still don't have a lot of traffic yet, so I might be able to get some good farming in tomorrow night.

If my ore is stocked up and I don't have the SoH yet, and the ore's still dropping, I'll feed it all to the JCers, and get that started.

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:29 am

Yeah, I got two stacks Ghost Iron and 21 Kyparite (not sure how high it stacks, because it ws all in one) from rares dropping bags. Only the blues seems to be a guaranteed drop, though, so farming them isn't going to be so lucrative (wish the gear was BoE).

Spirits of Harmony are gonna be a bitch. Soulbound, and I only have 8.5 from levelling 85-90.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Cogglamp » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:35 am

My personal feeling is that Spirits of Harmony will become un-soulbound later in the expansion. You can either harvest them now by buying raw materials at inflated prices and hope that you scrounge up some more prior to them being un-soulbound or sit on them and wait to divy them up.
Cogglamp

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:53 am

Interesting thing is they're a crafting mat and a currency for other mats. Right now they're too rare and valuable to ever trade in.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:37 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Spirits of Harmony are gonna be a bitch. Soulbound, and I only have 8.5 from levelling 85-90.

In about 5 hours spent last night, about 3 of it questing, I farmed up 2.5 of them. Found a few spots where I farmed Hozen for a while since the humaniods seem to have a better drop rate.

The challenge is, since they don't drop from gathering (other than Tillers), you need to actively kill stuff plus do your gathering.

But if my mining spots that I was working last night are still relatively clear, I'll spend at least 1/3 of my time tonight farming those areas again, and looking for rares. I need the ore for the JC as well as selling.

halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:39 am

Cogglamp wrote:My personal feeling is that Spirits of Harmony will become un-soulbound later in the expansion.

My guess is that happens with the next tier. At that point there's going to be people with hundreds of them, and when they all hit the market it will be wild.

KysenMurrin wrote:Interesting thing is they're a crafting mat and a currency for other mats. Right now they're too rare and valuable to ever trade in.

Once I finish crafting my engineering items for myself, all mine will likely be going to scopes.

halabar

Postby Shoju » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:46 am

I'm curious if I can coax BLDavis out of the woodwork to comment on whether or not he made any gold on my GB...
Shoju

Postby Flex » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Interesting thing is they're a crafting mat and a currency for other mats. Right now they're too rare and valuable to ever trade in.

Dual gatherers will have zero use for them, so the trade in system exists for those players.

I made about 20K gold selling ore for 450 a stack before the market crashed. They seem to be down to 150 a stack now.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General